Suggest me a Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:1.First purpose is gaming games like Witchcraft 2, Assassin creed 3, Crysis 3 etc. 2. Android and Linux kernel and ROM Compilation.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30-32K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64bit and ubuntu 12.04 64bit those two will be in different partitions and some other distros in VM.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Now no hd is required will upgrade later. having 720gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No , already having benq 2210 eco full hd monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor, Speaker (f & D 520) Keyboard & mouse (logitech bundle, upgrade it later), Hard Disk

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In September Mid

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will build it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kannur, kerala. I don't think i will we geting all things in Kannur so will go to Calicut. If somebody is there from Calicut can help me.
I am also skeptical about purchasing online because Flipkart and others will deliver it 2 hours away from my residence( Banking Branches Sucks)
so tell me some reasonable options.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am thinking to Purchase an ATI 7850 in october so also suggest a good one.(Price not included in budget)
As I am having a transfereble job so suggest a good and strong cabinet so that it can handle
and keep safe my pc internal components safe on the go(My old one is almost crushed while coming from Bokaro Steel City to Kannur:cool:)
I am also having a wifi pci card and an internal TV tuner So suggest me motherboard with sufficient PCI slots.
And tell me a trust or NGO where I Can Donate My old Working PC
I have sorted these components;-
intel i5 2500k
ASUS P8Z77- M motherboard
others i have not checked.

Last edited:

akky89

Journeyman
this is my suggestion..

cpu: i5-2500K - 13K
mobo: msi z68A-G45 - 8K
ram: corsair value ram 4GB - 1.3K
gfx: hd7770 - 8k
psu: corsair CX500 - 3k

total : - 33.3K

still few things i want to mention
you cabinet should have good air flow for overclocking and intel stock heatsink is not good when overclocking so think of upgrading it too.

cheers!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Intel Core i5 3570KK - 15K
mobo: ASRock Z77 Pro4 - 10K
corsair value ram 4GB
Corsair CMPSU-650TX -6.5K

its 1K or 2K high , but its best for gaming

akky89

Journeyman
please exclude GFX in this configuration as i have already mentioned i will purchase
hd7850 next month.

sorry some how i missed that...
what about this one...

i5-3570K - 15k / i5 - 2500k - 13K
mobo: asrock z77 extreme 4 - 10.4K / GIGABYTE GA Z68AP D3 - 9.7
ram: corsair value ram 4gb - 1.5K
cooler: cm hyper 212 evo - 2.2K
Corsair 650TXv2 - 6.5K
caby: Nzxt source 210 - 3.1k

total = 38.7 / 36K

panwala95

In the zone
or
i5 3570k-14.6k
gigabyte ga -z77p-d3 -8.3k
corsair hx 650-6k
corsair carbide 400r-4.5k
corsair xms3 4x2gb-2.6k
deepcool iceblade pro-3k
total-34.6k

also @ akky89 i dont think asrock mobos must be recommended
they usually have capacitor problems+ their rma service in bharat desh ( :) ) is crap

Last edited:

akky89

Journeyman
also @ akky89 i dont think asrock mobos must be recommended
they usually have capacitor problems+ their rma service in bharat desh ( :) ) is crap

i'll remember that...
just the thing is they give pretty features for the price they ask... and are generally have good price to feature ratio...

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
ASRock is good if your budget is somewhat restricted not reaching to the level of Asus and if you are not thinking of overclocking. Like ASRock Extreme6 is a good bargain at 12k price point if you want a feature reach mobo and are not planning to overclock.

I have an extreme6 with me which I've RMAd last week (since one of my friends disturbed the pins in CPU socket and now memory wont get detected) to Digicare here in Pune. They have said that the board is now in their Mumbai office this week... they'll try to change the socket and see if that solves the problem. So far no complaints from my side about their RMA process.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
guys i am confused between i5 2500k and i5 3570k can you please help me out
choosing best one as this system is going to run for next 5-6 years.
i was looking for asus p8 z77m or m pro i am not sure about gigabyte.
what are the pros and cons between them.

panwala95

In the zone
gigabyte mobos are great but if you are one of the unfortunate ones who get a broken mobo then you are in for a ride......
also you should go for the i5 3570k cause it has a higher ipc than the i5 2500k ,supports pcie3 and 1600mhz ram natively

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
guys i am confused between i5 2500k and i5 3570k can you please help me out
choosing best one as this system is going to run for next 5-6 years.
i was looking for asus p8 z77m or m pro i am not sure about gigabyte.
what are the pros and cons between them.

Boss... very very debatable doubt you have... it can spark world wars right now... he he he. Price difference would be around 2k max. Basically its same boubt we'll have when deciding between BMW 3 Series 2010 model and BMW 3 Series 2012 model... both are absolutely fantastic. You need to think which one you want new gen or old gen. :)

Anyways have a look at this thread - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/162158-badass-gaming-pc-80k.html

Here are some coclusions from some reviews.

Despite the higher-than-expected cost and higher operating temperatures, the Core i5-3570K is a worthy successor to the Core i5-2500K. It's noticeably faster, more power efficient, has a more powerful IGP and combined with a Z77 chipset motherboard, will offer far more features too.
Bit-tech.com review

The Intel Core i5-3570K processor represents a logical replacement for the popular Core i5-2500K that's found a home in many an enthusiast and system integrator system.
Run the Core i5-3570K at stock speeds/voltages and it provides the best bang-for-buck in the £150 space.
hexus.net review

The new Intel Core i5 3570K has everything that made its Core i5 2500K such a winning CPU. Per core performance is the best you can buy.
A great chip, but Core i5 2550K and i5 2500K owners have nothing to worry about.
techradar.com review

Unfortunately, the unusually high temperatures found during overclocking beyond 1.3V is most likely partly caused by this new process. This doesn't pose too much of a concern as a decent CPU air cooler can still handle overclocks within the 1.2-1.3V range with decent results and those who wish to push Ivy Bridge CPUs much further will be experienced extreme overclockers with LN2 cooling. Average performance tuners also don't really need to adjust secondary voltages as much anymore, compared to previous generation CPUs, since the memory controller can handle higher clocks.
hightechlegion review

Bottom line is....
1. If you have a 2500K already dont see 3570K as competition but as a worthy succesor and hold on to 2500K till next gen CPUs come.
2. If you are building a new rig go for 3570K as it is the successor to 2500K.
3. 3570K consumes less power at idle
4. Temperature factors in only in case of overclocking with Higer voltages.
5. If software support gets available in next 6 months it would be really awsome to see a video of say BD quality being ripped for your phone in just a matter of 10 minutes with use of Quicksync.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
so i am finalizing i5 3570k for processor. And i cannot go frequently for RMA and Service center due
to geographical barriers so i want a good mobo with peace of mind.

akky89

Journeyman
well you can go with any of the above suggested mobo.
and don't worry mobo don't broke that easily if you are not
doing something funny with it :p

panwala95

In the zone
choose from these four-
ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard vs ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard vs ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard vs ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom