suggest a gpu for my rig..

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys, almost played games with my onboard graphics but now its time to get agpu for my rig..!!

i will b playing games in mid settings o no hi fi gpu and i want to strict my budget btwn 6k and how is 6770 in this range..>>

need ur suggestions quickly as i am going to buy it on friday so help me out guys..!!!!:lol: :lol::lol::lol:

my rig config is in my sigi..:smile:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
6770 is good. is around 7k.

but i will strongly recommend a 6850 for full hd gaming.
MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition

Cilus

laborare est orare
JAS is absolutely right about it...Arnab, at 1080P resolution, a HD 6850 or a GTX 460 1 GB is minimum requirement for fluent game play. The HD 6850 Cyclone Power Edition is a factory overclocked card and can offer a lot better performance than a stock HD 6850 and can also be overclocked further to match the HD 6870's performance.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Since his budget is 7k, lets back to real-land!

I think HD6770 is a good deal for 7k, go ahead with it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
i wud suggets u to go with gtx 570. it gives aweful results. and u can even get the advantge of physx

Why not GTX 580 or GTXC 590 or HD 6990 then? Buddy, before throwing your word, look at the Op's requirement & budget. When he is saying it is 7K and even a HD 6850 is overshooting his budget, how you are suggesting a card, priced at 20K?

mitraark

Decrepit
arnab boss , The rig you have , you should definitely get the 6850, do justice to your other compoents :) Its just 2-2.5k more. And a lot better.

If unfortunately you have strict budget issues, 6770 is the obvious choice.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@megamind..lolzz..

@mitraark, yup..u r absolutely right..OP should go for 6770..but if he can increase lil bit then 6850 would be the best deal for HD gaming..i suggest OP to wait for some time if possible and save money for HD6850 Cyclone Power Edition..best of luck..:)

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks guys for ur suggestions..i can increase my budget 15k also but the thing is i dont wanna invest in gpu as it will bcome absolute in few months and again a new one..i m tired of this and wasted enough of my monie..so just wanna restrict my self in this..!!!

i can go for a 6850 but if it can run atleast 2 yrs...and which brand..msi or xfx or sapphire..???

ssb1551

Technomancer
thanks guys for ur suggestions..i can increase my budget 15k also but the thing is i dont wanna invest in gpu as it will bcome absolute in few months and again a new one..i m tired of this and wasted enough of my monie..so just wanna restrict my self in this..!!!

i can go for a 6850 but if it can run atleast 2 yrs...and which brand..msi or xfx or sapphire..???

I hope you meant "obsolete"!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Look, no one can guaranty you that a current generation card will be sufficient to run for 2 years. But in general if you get a little high end product then you can at least go for some times, say 2years. May be that time all the games won't run in their highest or higher setting but still you can play them by lowering the details.
Now although MSi HD 6850 Cyclone Power Edison offers tremendous value for money but it is still just a minimum requirement to play all the games in 1080P resolution with good playable FPS. So if you want 2 years of backup and don't wanna pay more then HD 6870 is the best option.

Get a Sapphire HD 6870 @ 11K in Kolkata.Check M.D or Vedant for it. You may get it in cheaper price. This card is hell of a card and will offer you tremendous value for money. With the new drivers, its performance is getting increased also and the increment is far better than that of HD 6900 and HD 5000 series. When overclocked to 970 Mhz from its default 900 Mhz speed, it offers same performance of a Stock HD 6950 or GTX 560 Ti. So my choice is HD 6870 if you wanna a future proof card within budget.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@ ssb1551 yeah dude i meant that..!!! typo misssi

@ cilus thanks man its been long time,but i read in some posts that 6870 has some issues...??may b im wrong as i hav been out of touch for along time so dont know any details abt it..!!

suppose if i go for a 6770 will it b too bad to play games @mid settings...i asked this bcoz nowdays i play games in mid settings and it runs not smoothly but ok...??if i get a gpu suppose 6770 then it may run smoothly...

bt i will give a try to 6870, but is sapphire good in services bcoz m.d hardly keeps this brand...hows xfx or msi...!!!

Top Bottom