STOP Rapidshare MONOPOLY !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[SIZE=+1]To: RapidShare(.com) AG[/SIZE] Rapidshare.com is a file hosting service that was launched back in 2006 (variant of original Rapidshare.de)

Rapidshare, is one of the most popular filehosting websites currently avaliable. It is used as a file transfer service for personal files such as vacation pictures and private movies so users can upload their favourite files and share them with friends.

However, over the past months, Rapidshare has been very unfair in terms of it's service.

Such examples include:

1) Free users cannot download a file that contains more than 1 part without waiting for a period of time (usually 1/2 - 1 an hour) despite the filesize of the item they are downloading

2) Do not provide fair terms

- They are claiming to have Unlimited Downloads, however in reality you are allocated 5gb each day. Now this may be a lot but for some it is simply not enough. This was originally truly unlimited but now it's decreased

-- Originally, if you bought a 'Premium' account, the files you uploaded under that account would be kept until the lifetime of your 'Premium' account. However Rapidshare.com just imposed a new restriction meaning if you had over 20gb in your account your items would be pruned (files are no longer kept, as they will delete unused files)

Now, premium users like me did not accept such terms when we bought our accounts. Some of us are long term account holders from the very beginning, and we believe Rapidshare is very unfair for loyal users like me and you.

They know they are a popular file service and are monopolyizing the market.

I believe they should go back to what it was:

1) Give free users decent speed and increase file download usages, such as 500mb per hour or something, instead of the current measly 1-2mb allowance

2) Abolish the recent restriction of the 'XXL' tag that prunes the account holders files if they are past the 20gb mark.

3) Give truly Unlimited downloads. Abolish the 5gb per day mark.

Rapidshare should stop abusing their privilage as a popular filehost, and go back to what it was like before a few months ago. It is now restricted and people are not getting what THEY ORIGINALLY PAID FOR.

Please sign this petition if you believe in any of the points I mentioned. Let's get the same Rapidshare we all fell in love with in the beginning!

*www.petitiononline.com/rsp07/petition.html

I don't know will it work or not, even I dont care abt rapidsh!t but still monopoly sucks. :rolleyes::!:

din

Tribal Boy
I think SkyDrive is better. But has the 50 MB limit. Everything like simultaneous download etc supported.

Thread in forum - Introducing Windows Live SkyDrive!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Signing, though I have a dynamic IP;)

@ din

Skydrive has 5 GB limit AFAIK. I find AOL X drive to be the best. It even allows you to map itself like a network drive on Windows!

Pat

Beyond Smart
[SIZE=+1]To: RapidShare(.com) AG[/SIZE] Rapidshare.com is a file hosting service that was launched back in 2006 (variant of original Rapidshare.de)

However, over the past months, Rapidshare has been very unfair in terms of it's service.

Such examples include:

1) Free users cannot download a file that contains more than 1 part without waiting for a period of time (usually 1/2 - 1 an hour) despite the filesize of the item they are downloading

2) Do not provide fair terms

- They are claiming to have Unlimited Downloads, however in reality you are allocated 5gb each day. Now this may be a lot but for some it is simply not enough. This was originally truly unlimited but now it's decreased

I dont quite agree with this.

1. How else do you expect them to cover the server/bandwidth costs ? If all free users get to download 500 MB per hour,rs would lose most of the prospective premium account buyers.

2. Its 50 GB per 5 days (I guess that should be enough, unless someone is addicted to HD p0rn :p)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If you don't like it don't use it. Instead of rapidshare premium go for ftp
*www.cheapftpspace.com/

I host my iso files there

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Even I don't like RapidShare, especially stupid stuff like inability to pause and resume download and the waiting period after every large file download. But they have some incredible stuff stored with them. So I always end up going there again and again.

The one and only reason people use RapidShare and not MediaFire is because rapidshare has lots and lots of illegal pirated material hosted in it which people are after. End of story.

Have you noticed that people who care a lot about legality never use RS and instead use Mediafire ?

amitava82

MMO Addict
Looks like we have grown a habit of using free stuffs... and attaching "monopoly" tag to every other (successful) companies :rolleyes:

Looks like we have grown a habit of using free stuffs... and attaching "monopoly" tag to every other (successful) companies :rolleyes:
RS does not have "monopoly". It just has lots of free content that otherwise costs a hell lot of money. :p

Your statement in a way contradicts itself.

axxo

99.9% Idle

that doesn't meant all free stuffs are crap or worthless. Gmail - best free mail service Firefox best browser in the world - free...like this there are n numbers.

amitava82

MMO Addict
RS does not have "monopoly". It just has lots of free content that otherwise costs a hell lot of money. :p

Your statement in a way contradicts itself.
What that has to do with RS?
that doesn't meant all free stuffs are crap or worthless. Gmail - best free mail service Firefox best browser in the world - free...like this there are n numbers.
Did I say so? I'm not gonna explain how Google can afford to offer free mail or search engine. Yahoo mail does not offer free POP service whereas you get free POP with Gmail. You don't go n complain to ppl about that, do you? You want POP with Yahoo mail? Buy premium service or else switch to Gmail.

RS is here to make money, not for charity. Just enjoy what you are getting free from them OR get some alternatives (if FREE is what you want). Tell me, why would people even bother to buy premium accounts IF RS starts giving same service for free accounts?

Did I say so? I'm not gonna explain how Google can afford to offer free mail or search engine. Yahoo mail does not offer free POP service whereas you get free POP with Gmail. You don't go n complain to ppl about that, do you? You want POP with Yahoo mail? Buy premium service or else switch to Gmail.

RS is here to make money, not for charity. Just enjoy what you are getting free from them OR get some alternatives (if FREE is what you want). Tell me, why would people even bother to buy premium accounts IF RS starts giving same service for free accounts?
+1. Fully agreed.

But at the same time, you must understand how RS economy REALLY works. The more warez people upload in RS, the richer it gets. Though they discourage it as per laws on their TOS, internally they KNOW that if not for the fact that nearly ANY movie or album is uploaded in RS, along with nearly ANY software, and lots of pr0n, RS would never have been as successful.
What that has to do with RS?
Just a point. ;-)

amitava82

MMO Addict
Then governments should ban Alcohol and Tobacco business too.. even though they too know that those stuffs kill ppl. But they woun't coz. You know why?

F

FilledVoid

But at the same time, you must understand how RS economy REALLY works. The more warez people upload in RS, the richer it gets. Though they discourage it as per laws on their TOS, internally they KNOW that if not for the fact that nearly ANY movie or album is uploaded in RS, along with nearly ANY software, and lots of pr0n, RS would never have been as successfu
You just reconfirmed with what amitava said lol.

At the end of the day its all about the money.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
As a free user RS had made file sharing hell.I have now got myself a premium a/c & am very much satisfied with it.My only gripe is with it's new a/c sharing system wherein it bans a/c for a short period when there is a switch in the IP or they find the a/c being used simultaneously in different IP subnet.This is absurd as I have a Dynamic IP system & I can't go static due to this stupid rule.My download links sometimes randomly turn in HTML links & those links take me to RS's site saying "The IP XYZ is in use on another computer" or something like that.And in reality it's only in use on my own computer.:mad:

This is the only issue I have.Apart from that I am fully satisfied with it's speed & content.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom