Start listning English songs :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys I have never tried to enjoy english music/songs ...but now i want to give it a try...
I dont like too loud music but like meaningful lyrics ...love beats although ;)

Please suggest me some singers old/new both will work and there specific albums please

I am 100% noob in this world and just heard titanic, and backstreetboys famous song till date:grin:

axes2t2

I am a cat
You will like this
[YOUTUBE]QoNkfOHBzQk[/YOUTUBE]

And then some romantic
[YOUTUBE]kpV91wWecPM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]i-n75KVcGsw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HRoTjqDlsYw[/YOUTUBE]

And this to pump you up
[YOUTUBE]Rw7w2b_FTC8[/YOUTUBE]

And this mix vid to get you in the mood to do nasty things (it's called dubstep)
[YOUTUBE]ewT0J3Q4CyY[/YOUTUBE]

And this me and my friend(singer) :D
[YOUTUBE]yoKA6XuFsgE[/YOUTUBE]

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Bryan Adams
Metallica
Led Zeplin(after you develop some interest on songs)
Eagles(Hotel California album is must listen for all music lovers)

there are many more but first listen to these.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@Sujoyp- I am in the same boat, but a bit better than you.

@techfreak- Metallica is just hyped man, I don't know how ppl like these (say metallica), 50 cent, and most heavy metal songs. Their one song hits, ppl go mad after them like nothing. Same case with lady gaga.

RBX

In the zone
^I don't like Metallica but 50 Cents actually is nice.

@OP:
[YOUTUBE]JBldVJnzdnM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SwcZR_9bO3Y[/YOUTUBE] (maybe works better with headphones, I used to listen to it all the time on my cell)

also try songs from 'The Rasmus'.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Some of my favorites include :
Raindrops are falling on my Head - B.J.Thomas
Piano Man - Billy Joel
I've Loved these days - Billy Joel
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Here Without You, Baby - 3 Doors Down
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
K, thats all coming to me early in the morning. You wont like others whats coming to my mind(such as Rammstein, Slipknot, Evanescence) as you've already mentioned "I dont like too loud music". But I'm with you on Gangsta-Raps. I hate it. Anyways if I remember some others I'll post it over here.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
@techfreak- Metallica is just hyped man, I don't know how ppl like these (say metallica), 50 cent, and most heavy metal songs. Their one song hits, ppl go mad after them like nothing. Same case with lady gaga.

You put Metallica, Lady Gaga 50 Cent in the same bucket as "heavy metal"?

#ok.

(ps: Most Metallica fans would hound you for calling them a one-hit wonder. They've been around for ages ;) And no, I'm not a Metallica fan, neither is Metal my preferred Genre).

Here's some of my preferred tracks.

sathyabhat’s Library – Users at Last.fm

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys I have never tried to enjoy english music/songs ...but now i want to give it a try...
I dont like too loud music but like meaningful lyrics ...love beats although ;)

Please suggest me some singers old/new both will work and there specific albums please

I am 100% noob in this world and just heard titanic, and backstreetboys famous song till date:grin:

I think your best bet are the older songs like those of Cliff Richard, Cat Stevens etc. ;)

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Iron Maiden and Metallica are my favourites along with Coldplay, Guns n Roses, Evanescense, Green day and Pink Floyd. They are quite loud (not all like it) but they are very meaningful and the music is awesome.

@sujay hyped?!! You seriously think so! Not everybody like metal, I accept and i respect it.

@OP since you want some thing "not too loud", try Coldplay, Pink Floyd (very meaningful).

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
"Viva La Vida" from Coldplay and "A thousand suns" from Linkin Park are my favorite. :)

Also, soundtracks from "Sucker Punch" are also nice to hear.

Krow

Crowman
Start small. Then go big. Start with country roads by john Denver. Try different genres and see what you like. If you want to enter the rock genre then go for meteora album by linkin park. Mr Brightside by the killers is also a good beginning. Other must listen artists are coldplay with songs like a rush of blood to the head, the scientist (watch with video), yellow etc. Oasis is amazing with songs like don't look back in anger, stand by me, little by little.

Krow

Crowman
@Sujoyp- I am in the same boat, but a bit better than you.

Sir Metallica is a good band. Which songs did you try? If you don't like the genre then no one can help you but try opening your mind to it they are actually pretty good. Anyway you need some initiation into metal. You can't just pick up Metallica and think oh what loud noise. Try paradise city by guns n roses.

Top Bottom