South Indian Regional Movies/Kollywood Vs Bollywood

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But most of the heroes in Tamil not so hit movies has heroes with:
bloodshot eyes
haf halucinated looks like drug addicts
and maybe in that context its not important that the hero mush be that pathetic, but still such heroes are choosen.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i just love tamil , telegu movies , actors and actoresses (Genelia D'souza) . i just love them , they make such good quality movies , nice sound music songs voices , nice makupe everything , imo better than any hindi movie .

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Tamil Film Industry, Kollywood got the best technicians in India.

Music Direction: AR Rahman, enough said.
Cinematography: Santosh Sivan, Manikandan, PC Sriram, Rajiv Menon, KV Anand, Ravi K Chandran, Jeeva (he passed away recently), Ashok, Nirav Shah, etc...
Dance Choreography: Prabhu Deva (2 times national award for dance - one for Lakshya, not sure on the other)
Art Direction: Thota Tharani (multiple times national award winner); from Kerala but settled in Chennai

dOm1naTOr, iMAv -
Do not pass racist comments. Please don't talk abt looks.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
It has been a long time since I watched Tamil movies in theatres. I don't even watch them from the optical discs which come my way. I've lost my interest in (masala) movies. Infact, in the last five years, I would have watched not have more than a dozen movies in theatres, most of them in Hindi. And I regret watching Gajini, Anniyan (though I liked both of their acting), Om Shanthi Om (felt like watching filmfare award show).

Though I thoroughly enjoyed or felt worthwile watching Anbe Sivam, Rang de Basanti and Taare Zameen Par (I watched this movie on my PC, then the very next day, took my friend to the theatre). Hope such movies come very often.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: u guys are as good as our politicians/australian cricket team when u know nothing else say the other person is a racist; look closely i said all i need to do is learn a language i look as handsome as the south actors how can i be a racist when i say that i look like those guys .... apni akal lagao dikhave pe matt jao ;)

call me what ever u want to but not a racist

praka123

left this forum longback
^njaan malyalathil randu theri parayam appam monte asukham maarikkollum.
^I just felt Malayalam is the official language of India :rolleyes:

ontopic:just watch the remakes of tamil movies in hindi and compare :lol:

while I thoroughly enjoyed vasoolraja mbbs than the original munnabhai.

and I found the remakes of the films got funny names :D
in telegu shankardada mbbs(?),kannada-uppidada mbbs(upendra) LOL!

ancientrites

In the zone
laxmikant pyarelal,shankar jaikishen,nadeem shravan Viju shah raamlaxman and ismail darbar completely beats Ar rehman.anyways teenage audience might still favour ar rehman.

yaaaaaaaaawnnn shiamak dawar and saroj khan in dance department.i did say prabhu deva and farah khan close enough

Bollywood rules and will keep ruling india.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

ontopic:just watch the remakes of tamil movies in hindi and compare :lol:

while I thoroughly enjoyed vasoolraja mbbs than the original munnabhai.
I saw some 30 minutes in Vasoolraja and got irritated. Munnabhai MBBS is far better movie.

Kamal and Prabhu have good chemistry but not as much as Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi.

laxmikant pyarelal,shankar jaikishen,nadeem shravan Viju shah raamlaxman and ismail darbar completely beats Ar rehman.anyways teenage audience might still favour ar rehman.

yaaaaaaaaawnnn shiamak dawar and saroj khan in dance department.i did say prabhu deva and farah khan close enough
AR Rahman rules. Even if he's not from Chennai; I would liked his music.

Strange that you didn't have any name for Cinematographers. :lol:

Yeah, it rules. Welcome had good box office collection than Taare Zameen Par. Welcome couldn't manage even 10 days in Chennai. :lol: TZP is a blockbuster and still running to packed houses.

We never argue that Bollywood not "rules" or something like that. Of course Bollywood make good collections than regional movies. But quality wise both are same.

praka123

left this forum longback
^never will it happen Hindi as and always will be the language of labours from north india 8)

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

ya thats because u wouldnt understand half things as they are in hindi :D hindi is and should be the national language of india
Dude, can you understand everything that's spoken in Hollywood movies? I'll be honest. I can't.

Can you understand Mayalayam movies? Of course you can't fully even if you know Malayalam.

Anyway he can watch with Subtitles if he wants to.

And Hindi is the national language, my foot.

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...

no dude its your imagination.....there are good movies both in bollywood and other kollywood or other woods.:D

whenever there is good movies that will rule..it may be bollywood or other kollywood or other woods.:D

if u still say bollywood rules....just watch some other south indian movies and then come to a conclusion........;);)

praka123

left this forum longback
I saw some 30 minutes in Vasoolraja and got irritated. Munnabhai MBBS is far better movie.

Kamal and Prabhu have good chemistry but not as much as Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi.
I feel it is better.may be I like Kamal's way :)

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
But most of the heroes in Tamil not so hit movies has heroes with:
bloodshot eyes
haf halucinated looks like drug addicts
and maybe in that context its not important that the hero mush be that pathetic, but still such heroes are choosen.

HAHAHA that was awsome ok now let us take some fine examples of those who have mushtaches
jackie shroff,anil kapoor,mohanlal,mamooty,rajnikant,kamal hassan.even in this category bollywood actors are far better.

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
HAHAHA that was awsome ok now let us take some fine examples of those who have mushtaches
jackie shroff,anil kapoor,mohanlal,mamooty,rajnikant,kamal hassan.even in this category bollywood actors are far better.

:-xWTF :confused:

you are kidding right...from what aspect are you saying bollywood actors are far better...ohh may be you mean they are far better NOT SO GOOD looking with the mustaches :D when compared with the south indian actors u mentioned...:lol:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Bah! I thought there would be vivid discussions and debates. But everyone is agreeing with me! :|

That's because they're not in here yet. Maybe just keeping low for a while. I do not know about Kollywood, but I've heard stuff like someone throws a gun, like a boomerang it goes around the room shooting all the baddies and then returns to the hero. Sounds as crazy as the Matrix.

Most Bollywood films suck. I like a few like Taare Zameen Par, Dor, Yun Hota Kya Hota

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I guess, this thread should be the reason for Raj Thackery's outburst on non-marathis :D.

Just kidding, don't flame me ;) for this.

Top Bottom