Sony Xperia Arc Or Arc S

Sarath

iDota
I think they will continue to sell at that stable price just like the old Xperia X10.

Between Xperia arc and Xp S I would suggest the latter. The extra speedbump and RAM are totally worth it.
I have an Xperia Arc and I feel like a beta tester for the Arc S now :|

BTW not looking at other options (more powerful but uglier options?)

OP
A

ankit360

Journeyman
I think they will continue to sell at that stable price just like the old Xperia X10.

Between Xperia arc and Xp S I would suggest the latter. The extra speedbump and RAM are totally worth it.
I have an Xperia Arc and I feel like a beta tester for the Arc S now :|

BTW not looking at other options (more powerful but uglier options?)

is arc s has more ram ? how much free ram u get on u boot ur phone ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ both have 512Mb ram. only processor is bumped from MSM8255 to MSM8255T (T for turbo). free ram should be around 250Mb.

Sarath

iDota
I have about 100MB now and it comes down upto 50MB and lags like hell.

On boot I see 130MB or so

Oh ya RAM is the same. The internal memory is more in Arc S. 1GB iirc. Check official specs.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have about 100MB now and it comes down upto 50MB and lags like hell.

On boot I see 130MB or so

let me guess. you are still on Stock rom. so Timescape & other Xperia theme do needs quite a bit of ram. ~150Mb is used by GPU & hence won't show at all. rest around ~200Mb will be used by the OS. so you get 130Mb at boot.

Oh ya RAM is the same. The internal memory is more in Arc S. 1GB iirc. Check official specs.

All current Xperia mobiles have same ram, same processor (S have turbo) & same amount of rom.

Sarath

iDota
let me guess. you are still on Stock rom. so Timescape & other Xperia theme do needs quite a bit of ram. ~150Mb is used by GPU & hence won't show at all. rest around ~200Mb will be used by the OS. so you get 130Mb at boot.

I did root it once but switched back since everytime I asked how to make it faster I was told to remove one app or widget or another. That was after I had already removed all bloatware (according to me). So I am using it how it is. Will think of a root after ICS update. 2.3.4 brought even more bloatware.

Memory Internal phone storage: 1GB (up to 320MB free)
RAM: 512MB
Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32GB

Rather strange. I was under the impression that the arc S had more internal memory. I had argued against it with someone else but I was pointed out to a link that showed ARC S had more of everthing the old arc had. Hence came to that conclusion. After checking the sony website I think only the processor has been bumped like you stated.

aroraanant

Explorer
Just a suggestion:
I m having a Incredible S and my friend owns a Arc.
And me and my friend both have compared the phone and their performance and everything(Screen etc) and found that Incredible S is better than Arc and even my friend who owns Arc agrees on that,he just bought a Arc as he is a big fan of SE.
I know Arc is available at a much lesser price than Incredible S but I just wanted you to know this thing before you buy it, thats it.

OP
A

ankit360

Journeyman
thanks for suggestion after reading all review i think that xperia arc is not worth to spend 20k i will wait for some dual core option @ 25k next month

Sarath

iDota
thanks for suggestion after reading all review i think that xperia arc is not worth to spend 20k i will wait for some dual core option @ 25k next month

That's a good choice in todays day of dual core phones. Why don't you take a look at the Galaxy R?

aroraanant

Explorer
OT: I still can't understand, what's the need of dual core procies in mobiles :|

Even I agree with you on some point...

But the thing is that we get a better performance but at the same time I think is that necessary?
Apart from that I have compared iphone 4 and 4S and there is a quite a noticeable amount of difference in the phones, considering all the other specs other than camera are same...

Soumik

Padawan
@ sujay - Its a multicore race.. :D
Anyways... i saw the power of dual cores in Note and SGSII, and they completely blow away my Defy in terms of processing power. Its all about how close u can get to a laptop experience. If ppl are paying the price almost equivalent to a new laptop, why not provide the performance of it too? Thats my funda ... ;)

As for Arc and Arc S, no use of Arc S if ur going for rooting the device. You can overclock it urself. Though i feel that for this high a budget, wait for SGS Advanced and get that. Its rumored to launch after MWC at a price of around 20-24K.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What I feel is that dual core may be justified in tablets, but in phones is a overkill. At least I have not faced a situation which can push me for dual core mobiles. May be games or apps have been developed to uitilise multi cores, but phone was never built for hardcore gaming. (my personal opinion)

Soumik

Padawan
^^ There certainly are a lot of ppl who take mobile gaming seriously. Else why would big companies like EA and Rockstar go ahead and develop games for these devices? :)
Plus, everyone would want their personal HD video collection to be available to them on the go, which they can view on their hand held devices. Thats y companies are now pushing larger screen estate and HD displays along with dual core processors... and very soon quad cores.. :p

OP
A

ankit360

Journeyman
or all ,
i currently using Motorola defy and i have very heavy usage of web browsing i don't play game so don't need better GPU. i basically want more ram + big screen i also want good camera that's why i choose xperia arc s but now i feel that + 20k is not worth for upgrading to defy to xperia arc

i think about first galaxy r then O 2X . because i m waiting for my salary but now both disconnected / overpriced :-(

Last edited:
Top Bottom