Explorer
At the time of buying Sony Ericsson x10
I didn't know what android is
That a phone has a processor and ram and gpu
That it has gps
That it has a light sensor, proximity sensor, and notification led
That it has a resolution of 854x480

I thought of buying iphone 3g or 3gs
But shocked to see the price, display size and camera resolution(3.15mp vs 8mp)
Now I know everything and I have chosen the correct phone but it was a high end phone back then(1GHz OMG!) but now it is outdated...
SE humiliated its customers even though the hardware has capability to enable 16m colors, they didn't release the display drives for development of 16m colors in custom roms
They did not release camera drivers for video recording in JB(X10 CAN RUN JB)
They did not support bootloader unlocking even

Thinking of buying another xperia but don't know which is right for me

I need a good camera. Battery. No lags
Loud speaker and earpiece volume.
NO HEATING LIKE A COOKER/ OVEN

Sony must release cybershot( xenon flash esp)+ walkman+ cycle energy+ s master audio+ bravia+ xplod+ handycam[ very long video recording]
With future android updates for 10yrs or more

Aren't you expecting too much,instead of going for Xperia I would suggest you to opt for HTC One, but if any case your budget doesn't allows you to then opt for Xperia Z or ZL whichever fits in your budget.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
10 years update is impossible not because Sony or any other OEM cannot do it, but simply because the hardware will not support it. It's like saying I want my 1999 Desktop PC to run Windows 8.

As for the rest of your wishlist, that will be granted in October when Sony launches the i1 = Honami = 2H Sony flagship.

@aroraanant

He said he wants a good camera and you are suggesting HTC One ? The phone with the worst camera on a flagship that can't compete with Xperia X10 even !!

Read this review

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_vs_htc_one-review-913p11.php

The HTC One on the other hand emerged on top in the video recording, music and social networking categories, but those were all narrow victories. And its still camera was really nowhere near the level of the Samsung Galaxy S4 13MP shooter. Ultrapixels or not, 4MP can barely rival 2010 flagships on most occasions.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Bro it has a got software update which has improved the camera's performance.
And in the video segment One beats S4 also.
Actually there is no problem with the PQ of One as such, it is just that we zoom (and when we crop the photos) the pictures taken by it the pixels gets shattered.
So viewing the two photos taken by HTC and S4 on your computer screen will look same(means very good) but when you will zoom the pic taken by One then it would be a letdown.So now the question comes who does that?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

That review is with latest firmware update. Guess you didn't even read the review.

Anyways

@topic

Z/ZL owners there is a new update that changes the status and navigation bar to black instead of grey and improved gamma for the display along with performance and battery life improvements.

You'll feel like having a new phone, as this update improves the screen quality significantly :D

And the camera over processing has been fixed too :) Now you will get similar quality as S4.

Last edited:
OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^^Any such updates for xperia sp??or any chances of such updates? :(

Yep. Maybe next month. All 2013 Xperias will get similar update to fix screen issue and grey UI

Btw did you confirm if you have a faulty unit ? Because I've not heard from anyone else with an SP complaining of yellow whites

SahilAr

In the zone
Actually,when i capture a picture,i get yellow pictures!Will be going to Delhi(Sony Service Center) today for sure!

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
The new camera update will be pushed for all Exmor RS phones - L , SP, ZR. So L, SP, ZR owners too can expect a huge boost to camera performance soon ;)

SahilAr

In the zone
The new camera update will be pushed for all Exmor RS phones - L , SP, ZR. So L, SP, ZR owners too can expect a huge boost to camera performance soon ;)

Will this camera update help me resolve my issue to:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/169767-sony-xperia-2013-thread-32.html#post1904662

kapilove77

Padawan
^

That review is with latest firmware update. Guess you didn't even read the review.

Anyways

@topic

Z/ZL owners there is a new update that changes the status and navigation bar to black instead of grey and improved gamma for the display along with performance and battery life improvements.

You'll feel like having a new phone, as this update improves the screen quality significantly :D

And the camera over processing has been fixed too :) Now you will get similar quality as S4.

Dude you just made my day wooo nice way to go sony. Too bad i didnt used net in home and i am office now so it should be long wait. Sony you rocks. :D

prat

Broken In
So if i am getting this right navigation bar and grey ui will be fixed on Xperia SP too right? Is there any ETA on the updates?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Yup

No ETA.

@Sahil

Yellow tinge in camera is not software issue but a hardware problem IMO. So firmware update can't fix it. You should contact service center

SahilAr

In the zone
@Randomuser,i have some more doubts with my xperia sp,actually the screen does not rotates horizontal when app i press app drawer..i have posted the pic..plus,do u notice that light coming from right side,that is extra light coming from the side,what is that?That extra light is not there on left side;i am worried,is that light bleeding? IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0012.jpg

kapilove77

Padawan
Its not showing any update for my Xperia ZL randomuser111. Did they launched here in india or not?

Last edited:

harsh1387

Broken In
Had my mind set on Xperia SP but nexus 4 launch has given me a new dilemma which one to buy.
Compared both and Nexus 4 is definitely faster but i like the SP design better.
Any advice regarding this?

Top Bottom