Just wanted to share some details about the India launch and pricing. The official launch is on February 24th, stocks will arrive at Sony Center/Xperia Stores and a few key Sony retail partners by 26th. You can book it at Sony Center/Xperia stores by paying a token amount of Rs.500-5000. The official price of the handset via Sony Center/Xperia Store is 36k (give or take 1k) In smaller shop it may be 35k or lower.
If you book it you may get it this month(on 26). It will be available online and everywhere else nationwide by March. (Those who book get it 10 days before general nationwide release)
So how many plan to get this precision engineered water resistant Full HD smartphone ?
Xperia Z Details
* 5 inch 1920x1080 Reality Display (441PPI) with OptiContrast Panel and Mobile Bravia Engine 2
* Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 PRO APQ8064 Quad Core krait 1.5ghz
* 2 GB RAM
* 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with HDR photo and video (hardware based)
* Front 2.2 megapixel Full HD Exmor R chat camera
* Front and back Glass design using durable mineral glass 6 times stronger than Gorilla Glass
* Tough glass fibre polyamide skeleton frame
* Precision cut Aluminum Power and Volume Keys
* Water and Dust Resistant IP55/57. Upto 1 meters/30 minutes.
* Android 4.1 Jellybean
* 2330mAh battery
* HD Voice
* 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
* 146 grams
* NFC One Touch
* 16GB Internal memory