Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

vpower

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new smartphone.
Selected Xperia SP out of all choices around 25k.
Now i am in a dilemma reading that ZR is getting launched.
Few Queries-
1.- Getting SP for 23.5k and ZR price might be 31k. I can spend 7.5k more but i wanna know if ZR is worth that money.
2.- What is the launch date for ZR?
3.- Any other better option in that price range?

Will appreciate the replies.
ZR
+Plus from @randomuser-
ZR gets you quad core CPU, a better 13mp camera and water/dust resistance.
-Minus water resistance MAY BE at the expense of lower speaker volume and may have heat issues (just predicting based on Z and ZL-sony may have sorted out now)

I am using Xperia SP for last 2 weeks and i agree the UI is grey which kind of give the washed out feel. I played around with Xperia ZL and it had the same problem. But as far as video playback and photo viewing is concerned, it is quite good(not at ZL level but still good enough).
+1

harsh1387

Broken In
ZR gets you quad core CPU, a better 13mp camera and water/dust resistance.

Rest is pretty much the same. So it depends on you what you want to pick.

SP IMO looks better, has an all white body, slightly bigger battery and more value for money.

Read somewhere its releasing in june so ZR is out of picture already.
So, is SP the best choice in 25k range or there is a better one?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Yes SP is good. :)

You can look at S3 and One X+ if you are okay with buying a last year's device

S3 has better camera than SP and One X+ has a better screen than SP

Kiss

Journeyman
Sony center stocked xperia L for 19,990 :|

Yes they have L in stock since this Saturday... I strongly doubt if the price of L is gonna drop even to 18k sometime soon.. :cry:

P.S. From initial readings was really very optimistic with price of it ranging between 17-18k...:|

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Used Xperia L

My Hands on review

Design

The design is quite good and feels good in hands, the side buttons are little hard to press, and the speakers located at the back

4.5/5

Display/UI

The UI is neat and clean,everything is layout nicely, coming to the display it was kinda disappointing to me compared to SP, well maybe as the cell was in Stamina mode?The Display wasn't so bright as such.
The text was crisp, keyboard layout was nice too, I could easily type.
Well, I will use the cell once more somewhere else to check out the display again(In full battery & brightness)

4/5

Camera

Ahh the camera,It wasn't as good as I expected at all, Sony surely created a HUGE HUGE Hype here, I tested some shots in the showroom the photos were just Okay,HDR mode dint make any difference to me(at least at indoor shots),Well what the hell,Maybe outdoor shots can be impressive?

3/5

Performance

Everything was snappy, and no lags at all.There was no game to test the gaming performance

5/5

Pricing

Well IMO, the phone is kinda overpriced I feel, The display of L9 is much much better than Xperia L, but in other ways Xperia L wins.Pricing should have been around 16.5k

I'm waiting for Igyaans hands on

Thanks Random... will chk tht again and finger's crossed.. :)

No reviews out yet for L right cause I'm not able to find any??

The Phones good,but display & camera is kinda disappointing, I suggest you try the phone out and also wait for a price cut

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

For screen, go to settings and make sure the "Adapt to Ambient Light conditions" option is unchecked and then crank up the brightness.

For camera, use Manual mode and not Superior Auto. HDR is meant for outdoor only (when there is a scope for high dynamic range imaging)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^

For screen, go to settings and make sure the "Adapt to Ambient Light conditions" option is unchecked and then crank up the brightness.

For camera, use Manual mode and not Superior Auto. HDR is meant for outdoor only (when there is a scope for high dynamic range imaging)

Ok thanks!

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
The only thing that keeps me from choosing L over L9 is the low res screen of the L

I mean seriously? FWVGA? :-x

My Blade which is almost 3 years old now has a WVGA screen :lol:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
None,yet.Waiting still june end,saving a bit more and waiting for price cut.
Problem is Mom is like sony will have many Problems blah blah etc.
BTW imo ZL looks much much better than Xperia Z

Get Sony Xperia Sp after few months. Maybe HS18 can give some superdeals on SP as well. If all failed then Nokia 100 is only your hope :p

Kiss

Journeyman
I don't mind the display at all.... Only thing that concerns me is the price for which i would buy that, if i get L for arnd 17.5k(very optimistic :D I'll just grab it from any shop or even flipkart,
but not EBAY cause I'm not comfortable buying it from there.. !! :unsure:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
At the time of buying Sony Ericsson x10
I didn't know what android is
That a phone has a processor and ram and gpu
That it has gps
That it has a light sensor, proximity sensor, and notification led
That it has a resolution of 854x480

I thought of buying iphone 3g or 3gs
But shocked to see the price, display size and camera resolution(3.15mp vs 8mp)
Now I know everything and I have chosen the correct phone but it was a high end phone back then(1GHz OMG!) but now it is outdated...
SE humiliated its customers even though the hardware has capability to enable 16m colors, they didn't release the display drives for development of 16m colors in custom roms
They did not release camera drivers for video recording in JB(X10 CAN RUN JB)
They did not support bootloader unlocking even

Thinking of buying another xperia but don't know which is right for me

I need a good camera. Battery. No lags
Loud speaker and earpiece volume.
NO HEATING LIKE A COOKER/ OVEN

Sony must release cybershot( xenon flash esp)+ walkman+ cycle energy+ s master audio+ bravia+ xplod+ handycam[ very long video recording]
With future android updates for 10yrs or more

Last edited:
Top Bottom