Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^

As I suggested earlier, it is due some "bad app". With stamina mode you should lose no more than 5% overnight. Few days back I installed Snapdragon battery guru on my phone. I lost 30% battery in just 1 hour. Imagine !!

Some apps can really screw your battery life bad, you need to find what that app is

Hmm,Let's see maybe Android 4.2 will fix it :)

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Install this app

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vertiform.android.app.batteryspy&hl=en

And check what app is eating your battery

Sony can't fix it, it is due to some app u have installed. So you need to find that app and uninstall it

And also do you close apps or leave all apps running even when not using the phone ?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Install this app

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vertiform.android.app.batteryspy&hl=en

And check what app is eating your battery

Sony can't fix it, it is due to some app u have installed. So you need to find that app and uninstall it

And also do you close apps or leave all apps running even when not using the phone ?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do, I have seen whenever there is a misscall "PHONE APP" uses the most battery.
Anyways that app looks confusing :p

Kiss

Journeyman
How long does it take to completely charge the phone from 0%... Its been almost more than 90mins and its only 77% done... o_O (its my first time charging)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Yea, it is slow. I don't know the exact time as I usually charge it while sleeping but it is longer than other phones.

Kiss

Journeyman
and Nipun is the charge sufficient for the whole day as Serp has some problems with his battery life??

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
and Nipun is the charge sufficient for the whole day as Serp has some problems with his battery life??

Yea, I charge it in night only. I am not a very heavy user though. Mostly WiFi and Data are on all the time, around 50% brightness and whatsapp running mostly. Also use camera to click 3-4 photos daily, and am left with around 20-30% battery. Watched movie on it with 60% battery, with WiFi on in background and switching to whatsapp in between multiple times and had 20% left.

Kiss

Journeyman
Hmm... Thanks for the info.. would post my observations tomorrow..

Guys last night i just was totally surprised and shocked to see my battery drain from 94% to 82% while on standby in an hours time...
I tried to do some R&D to put some brakes on this draining. In my observations i saw an app "MediaServer" taking up almost constantly 50% of my battery's life... second was "Android System" on 24-25%.

I restarted my phone, cleaned the running apps.. Cleared the Cached apps... but still this app isn't bulging... Yes in the process i managed to get its consumption down to 35% and then it kept going down (Now its at 23%) but its still present. Now the android system is at 39%. Some other apps are below 5%.

I'm not pretty sure how i can control this app as it keeps sucking the power as we remove the pulp from a fruit...

Now in the morning it was 75%(drain in standby isn't normal but fine can manage 7% drain for 7 hrs)

Any Suggestions/Idea's... Help!! :D

Install this app

Yes I do, I have seen whenever there is a misscall "PHONE APP" uses the most battery.
Anyways that app looks confusing :p

Serp... Did you check is this the app causing the problem for you too??

Terabyte

In the zone
You people seem to have some serious issues with the battery life.
Do turn on the Extended battery mode/Stamina mode...it significantly extends your standby time. Then you shall lose as much as only 2-3% in 5-6 hours :D
Those power saver modes indeed are not gimmicks, I can confirm it from my experience :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Not bad when i left for college had 97% battery when I came back at 3:15 it was around 90% Ill delete betterbattery stats today and see the standy time tomo

Hmm... Thanks for the info.. would post my observations tomorrow..

Guys last night i just was totally surprised and shocked to see my battery drain from 94% to 82% while on standby in an hours time...
I tried to do some R&D to put some brakes on this draining. In my observations i saw an app "MediaServer" taking up almost constantly 50% of my battery's life... second was "Android System" on 24-25%.

I restarted my phone, cleaned the running apps.. Cleared the Cached apps... but still this app isn't bulging... Yes in the process i managed to get its consumption down to 35% and then it kept going down (Now its at 23%) but its still present. Now the android system is at 39%. Some other apps are below 5%.

I'm not pretty sure how i can control this app as it keeps sucking the power as we remove the pulp from a fruit...

Now in the morning it was 75%(drain in standby isn't normal but fine can manage 7% drain for 7 hrs)

Any Suggestions/Idea's... Help!! :D

Serp... Did you check is this the app causing the problem for you too??
DRAIN IN STAND BY see Im not alone

Kiss

Journeyman
@Random ... i forgot to charge it for 8 hours the first time from 0%... Now again I have brought the battery to 0% should i keep the charging on for 8 hours this time(this would be second time charging), so that it keeps charging even its 100%..

And i can use the phone while its charging right??

pratyush997

Inactive
@Random ... i forgot to charge it for 8 hours the first time from 0%... Now again I have brought the battery to 0% should i keep the charging on for 8 hours this time(this would be second time charging), so that it keeps charging even its 100%..

And i can use the phone while its charging right??

Kiss

Journeyman
Thanks pratyush997.. that was really very informative.... I read on pg 39 abt the battery ... so was very curious to know if i was doing it right... :)

Kiss

Journeyman
@Kiss

Yes you can do that, and no it's not a myth. There is an entire thread on XDA about the benefit of doing what I mentioned.

Ok, thank you... will do that... As there's no harm in extending the time of charging as its not gonna harm in anyway... ;)

Jay1234

Journeyman
@ Random how many times should one do fully discharge & then full charge ?

2nd thing after an hour of internet and gaming my phone got heated up is it normal ?

Top Bottom