Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Whats wrong with The Verge ? - About their review of Sony Xperia Z

They have given SXZ:
7/10 for DESIGN (N4 - 8/10, HTC One - 9/10)..
6/10 for CAMERA (N4 - 8/10 :facepalm: , HTC One - 6/10)..
7/10 for PERFORMANCE (N4 - 10/10 :huh?:, HTC One - 9/10)..

Such a biased review..!

Quick links : Nexus 4 review || HTC One review

Nexus 4 was reviewed by Joshua Topolsky and HTC One was reviewed by David Pierce.

But Xperia Z was reviewed by Vlad Savov, who is known to be a tough reviewer. He is a Sony lover, but was unhappy with Xperia Z...

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and other devices suffer from same issue. I'm sure you didn't know that :D

But it's almost a non issue.

1. The device will be replaced by Sony/Samsung whatever brand

2. Software update will fix this issue soon

Last edited:

coolnikk

Journeyman
got back from clg early so rooted installed twrp and used calibrator and the screen is bit improved now its pure white instead of yellowish tinge

cooldude94

Journeyman
Does xz in india has screen issues like poor contrast ratio and washed out colours ? i do not care about viewing angles . how does it compares to xperia s screen ?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Does xz in india has screen issues like poor contrast ratio and washed out colours ? i do not care about viewing angles . how does it compares to xperia s screen ?

It's better than Xperia S screen. But if you like neon green,red,blue then stick to S. Z is not over saturated like S

mohityadavx

Youngling
Reviews are disappointing. Will get a new phone in June had eyes on Z mainly due to specs and probable price slash but now will look for alternatives.

Sony Xperia Z (C6602) Review

Sony Xperia Z review - Mobile Phone - Trusted Reviews

Sony Xperia Z review | The Verge

coolnikk

Journeyman
Well the reviews I had the same thought as u but then bought a xz and I.am happy with my decision yeah the was something to ***** about but the calibration app makes it look good then tested it by watching dark knight and the colors were better than my s3.the blacks are good ans about the cam use it at 8mp pics are good and then there's always mods at xda if u feel something is missing

tkin

Back to school!!
^

Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and other devices suffer from same issue. I'm sure you didn't know that :D

But it's almost a non issue.

1. The device will be replaced by Sony/Samsung whatever brand

2. Software update will fix this issue soon
I have at least half a dozen friends using SGS II, Note II etc, I heard at times like system apps crashing etc, never a shutdown+death as stated here.

Top Bottom