Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hmmmmmm. Then find a Z with Sharp panel and go to service center n say your phone has screen defect :p

Anyway, screen calibration app is available now. So even JDC panel can be calibrated to look decent :)

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
and how i do find a z with sharp panel and as for deception its easy :twisted:

You can ask the store you buy it from :)

But seriously, I have not heard a SINGLE Z buyer from India complain about screen. So you are worrying for no reason. You will get the Sharp panel

rider

as Kratos
[youtube]w9Yy4zobjMA[/youtube]

Comparison of low light shot of Xperia Z with Lumia 920 (both flashes on).

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/7120/sxzvs920.jpg

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys....i am thinking of buying XZ...When is the android software update going to come. The UI dosent look so attractive but again in 38000/- its the best deal.

In Flipkart its cost id 38000/-. Any other online stores from where i can get it little bit cheap?

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Check the eBay link rider posted in.last page. 36k

4.2.2 update will come month end

If you dont like the UI you can always use another launcher / theme from play store

Or buy HTC butterfly

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Finally a no non sense camera review from a CAMERA site and not some random guy who doesn't have a clue about photography :)

Sony Xperia Z Review | PhotographyBLOG

Won PhotographyBLOG Recommended Award

PhotographyBLOG's verdict:

The Xperia Z brings together a lot of Sony's latest camera technologies in a premium smartphone. The intutuive touchscreen interface ensures that all those features are easy to access and deploy, aided by the device's quick responsiveness. Sure, the image quality still can't quite match even a cheap compact camera, but the gap has definitely narrowed further, especially if you mainly use the Xperia Z in good light.

There's very little to complain about the Xperia Z for general point-and-shoot users. The Intelligent Auto mode does a great job of selecting the right scene mode for you, the interface is generally slick and well-designed, while the HDR function for both stills and video quietly improves your images.

We have few real gripes with the Xperia Z - only its poor low-light performance would prevent us from using it more often for general snapshots. If you only have room in your pocket or bag for a smartphone that takes decent pictures and video, we can certainly recommend the new Sony Xperia Z.

The Sony Xperia Z produced images of good quality during the review period. This camera handled noise well, not becoming too obvious until ISO 800, with the fastest setting of ISO 1600 not really worth using, a great performance for a tiny image sensor with such a high pixel count.

Chromatic aberrations were in evidence but were well-controlled, with some limited purple fringing effects appearing in high contrast situations. The images were a little soft straight out of the camera at the default setting and require some further sharpening in an application like Adobe Photoshop.

DPReview will also post Xperia Z camera review soon. ;)

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
^^No matter what few reviews claim,,Lumia 920 blows Z(or any current Android phone )out of water in the camera department.It's even better than the excellent shooter of iPhone 5.

rider

as Kratos
^

Good for you (positive) :)

I trust the review of photography blog. They are good reviewer of cameras but not the best.
It's not about Xperia Z. It's about most of the sony phones. Clicking from default settings in intelligent auto mode always sucks. Most of people who clicks normally have to face it. By adjusting setting it performs little better than default.

^^No matter what few reviews claim,,Lumia 920 blows Z(or any current Android phone )out of water in the camera department.It's even better than the excellent shooter of iPhone 5.

Nokia is still the boss for those who have priority is mainly in clicking shots.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

It doesn't suck. Even in Auto mode it's on par with Iphone 5. What more you want? Z should beat 808 pureview ?

And yes, wait some days. DPREview - the BEST photography review site will publish Xperia Z review soon.

rider

as Kratos
^

It doesn't suck. Even in Auto mode it's on par with Iphone 5. What more you want? Z should beat 808 pureview ?

And yes, wait some days. DPREview - the BEST photography review site will publish Xperia Z review soon.

Above picture is from Nokia Lumia 920 with pureview technology. As a tech enthusiast I'm waiting for that rumored Sony phone with Car Zeiss 20MP sensor. :D

kapilove77

Padawan
You can't expect it to be have perfect camera. With Xperia Z you getting everything that Lumia won't have. Even for camera you can say it misses by inch but that wont be any good for you in daily life except if ur photographer. Even if u are you go for better camera rather than camera in phone. I say Xperia Z is a phone with everything you want. (thats my view)

rider

as Kratos
So you can bash that as well? :) Or say that it's PQ is same as Galaxy Nexus camera :D

I can't say from now about that. I am telling you again bro that in that review MKBHD clearly said its camera performs like Galaxy Nexus. Why you keep tagging for that? :facepalm:

Top Bottom