Bundles game
*i.imgur.com/5Cu4P3X.jpg
Controller
*i.imgur.com/2yQouTa.jpg
And when it does its magic
*i.imgur.com/389e3ql.jpg
Initial Update - [on dell s220l something very commonly suggested monitor]
*i.imgur.com/YVAZgOU.jpg
Chief guest, Asuka chan on top of PS4 and in the background PS3 and peasant desktop
*i.imgur.com/MA0XCaN.jpg

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
It doesn't contradict anything. What I said is crystal clear. Threads are for discussions - should have a fair bit of everything. Not solely newsfeeds. :) I'm not even pinpointing or taking names, lol, you're doing it.

What you said was that it was spamming. It was not, IMO.

And yes, vickybat did a good job of keeping us updated and I'm praising his work. Lolol. Anything wrong in that?

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Gollum

Wow, many congrats to you man. You kind of made this thread alive.

Of-course that's hard earned money,which is well spent imo. :)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
It doesn't contradict anything. What I said is crystal clear. Threads are for discussions - should have a fair bit of everything. Not solely newsfeeds. :) I'm not even pinpointing or taking names, lol, you're doing it.

Ico, any specific reason for removing the console threads from sticky status?
The console gaming segment should have sticky threads so that its easier for interested users, checking them from time to time, without the need to bump them.
I don't see any valid point on this decision.

We need a better explanation on this action.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
What you said was that it was spamming. It was not, IMO.

And yes, vickybat did a good job of keeping us updated and I'm praising his work. Lolol. Anything wrong in that?
You surely interpreted it the way I didn't mean.

Ico, any specific reason for removing the console threads from sticky status?
The console gaming segment should have sticky threads so that its easier for interested users, checking them from time to time, without the need to bump them.
I don't see any valid point on this decision.

We need a better explanation on this action.
Only three active threads. They're bound to stay on top whether they are sticky or not.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Only three active threads. They're bound to stay on top whether they are sticky or not.

That is not at all a valid reason for the action taken, imo. Not at all a proper justification.
Threads are active now, might not remain in the future. Why to unnecessarily take the trouble to search and bump them?

The consoles are here to stay for the next 5 years+ and cater to the current generation. You have a whole dedicated section regarding consoles, in the forum.
No point in taking them out. Same pattern exists in a lot other forums.

Yes, individual game threads should be left as it is, as constantly, something new comes up from time to time. But the consoles themselves are going to stay the same.
And so are the discussions.

So i request you to please restore the sticky status to the respective threads.

@all_TDF_members

Guys, do you want the console threads to be sticky or not?

Gollum

Collector
congos @Gollum ...cost and from where?

30k from Abu Dhabi

That is not at all a valid reason for the action taken, imo. Not at all a proper justification.
Threads are active now, might not remain in the future. Why to unnecessarily take the trouble to search and bump them?

The consoles are here to stay for the next 5 years+ and cater to the current generation. You have a whole dedicated section regarding consoles, in the forum.
No point in taking them out. Same pattern exists in a lot other forums.

Yes, individual game threads should be left as it is, as constantly, something new comes up from time to time. But the consoles themselves are going to stay the same.
And so are the discussions.

So i request you to please restore the sticky status to the respective threads.

@all_TDF_members

Everything was okay before ICO came. we need a moderator that knows something about consoles. PC lovers will always be biased towards consoles

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
You surely interpreted it the way I didn't mean.

Then try and put it in a way it sounds like something you are trying to mean.

This is your argument for removing the sticky status?? And who made it sticky in the first place??

My replies in bold.

@all_TDF_members

:+1:

action taken is not justifiable.

no, my friend put the box in his luggage filled with clothes and just came through. so zero charges.

it didnt show up in the xray scanners?? :O

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Man, I'm ultra jelly. But Knack? That isn't how you show the badarsery of PS4. Actually, Infamous Second Son is the only one now until DriveClub and The Order which looks great.

Congratulations, Gollum.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
@anirbandd

I've made my point very clear not in one post, but many posts.
Everything was okay before ICO came. we need a moderator that knows something about consoles. PC lovers will always be biased towards consoles
Neither biased, nor a PC lover. I'm the one who created this section again after it was scraped and merged back because of lack of proper activity.

Also thinking of locking/unsticking that Backlog thread in the PC section. Every game discussion is going into it, not in the right place. This happened earlier as well.

For these threads to be sticky, start posting about the console games you play. Increase the activity first in this forum. Break away from one or two mega threads and _start_ discussing more about games rather than news. There should be a healthy discussion on everything. Once the section thrives, sticky threads will be back. This isn't something permanent anyway!

Much ado about nothing. Duh!

Piyush

Lanaya
+1 to block/unstick that backlog progress section in PC games thread. People over there are just posting anything and everything, replying to previous posts and asking "How is this game? / Can I run it? " etcetc.

Also, what I think Ico is asking you guys to do is, to discuss about the game specific content, like people 4 do when they play a certain game and talk about it in depth. They dont talk about how many copies sold or did it break any records.

For eg. when we are in Dota 2 thread, we arent discussing about how and why Dota 2 is better than HoN or LoL or Starcraft 2 ... We are discussing our matches we played together , how one can play a certain hero better, etc. Just an example.

I'm not biased to any side but whenever I visit Console section, I find it .. well dull and boring. Only Gollum keeps it alive by sharing his gaming progress, screenshots and all. Just like he was doing in GTA V thread (in PC section). Even though I dont own a PS3/4, I still used to visit every post made by him in that thread just because of content he shared.

So.. thats just my opinion. Hope I didnt post anything wrong meanwhile :)

heidi2521

Padawan
Ico does have a point. This is more circlejerking about games and sales data than discussion about the games you are playing and what you think about it.

I guess if the Paywall Twins had any games worth talking about we would see more discussion here.

Top Bottom