Sony Ericsson K850 Review by naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
nice review naveen dude.. take some good pics from the cam. the cycle and the others are not so good..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ooh cummon...are u trying to comapre a digicam with a mobilecam???

i m just explaining on the basis of a cam phone perspective....lets not go into tht...already been argued a lot...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
nice review naveen dude.. take some good pics from the cam. the cycle and the others are not so good..

giga just now a day with it.. and most of the time transfering songs/themes/apps/games/...etc etc... and going thru all the function ofthe phone..

didnt find time to take good ones.. just wanted to post here so took it in a hurry..
will post some good ones soon...
thnks u for the comments..

ooh cummon...are u trying to comapre a digicam with a mobilecam???

i m just explaining on the basis of a cam phone perspective....lets not go into tht...already been argued a lot...

ya keep the discussion around the phone guys ...

ok amd64.. can u post some more pics taken from ur mobile.. i will include them in the first post...
can i take ur photo ???

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yep..all k850 shots...

in india its quite tough to get sum nice pics going..but i love my k850...just fiddle with the settings and u will know shich setting is the best for certain conditions..

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ He says that the k850i is ultra bullcrap (and doesnt deserve to be called a fone.). :D :p the k750 (actually the n82 )was/is better.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ohh thnks for the translation....

who cares....

its way too better than k750i

My past phones..for everybodies knowledge

-SE T610
-SE K700i
-SE K750i
-SE K800

and now

-SE K850i

so i know which is a crap...

SE for all of my phones was superb ineach part...
so u really cant compare k750 with k850

irs like comparing t610 which k750...

anybody disagree with me ????

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
naveen_reloaded said:
anybody disagree with me ????

Nope, I do agree, I have used Nokia 3315, SE K500i, K700i & now K750i & planning to keep K750i for the next 2 years too as it does all what I need, then will buy Nokia N82. Sony is for those who don't want to use there phone as a computer, like u or me. Nokia is for those who are away from computer...as they can use the phone as a computer.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
GX.. but k850`s new netfront browser is loaded woth feature like ability to view flash...support for ajax.. java script.. etc and also with opera like pan and zoom feature..
anyway i use operamini .. coz its faster and light on resources...

i dont get u what u say by away from computer.. dont take me wrong..
but there are apps which are now able to read word, pdf , etc...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
GX.. but k850`s new netfront browser is loaded woth feature like ability to view flash...support for ajax.. java script.. etc and also with opera like pan and zoom feature..

Didn't know about these capabilities of netfront, the one in K750i is 2 years old & plane sux compared to Opera Mini 4. See, Opera Mini is good, but lousy when it comes to encrypted sites etc, like Windows Live Mail, so for that either use Windows Live Mobile or native phone browser.

Tell me, can we disable loading images like in Opera mini with the native browser in K850i? & tell me whether Orkut & Yahoo Mail open or not :p

i dont get u what u say by away from computer.. dont take me wrong..
but there are apps which are now able to read word, pdf , etc...

Don't know whether there is a pdf file viewer for JAVA based SE phones, is it?

Away from computer for me means

1) Checkin my Yahoo Mail via POP3 in Phone

2) Checking GMail via GMail app

3) IM Using MOrange or something similar

4) Checking orkut & scrapping there

5) Check Windows Live mail via a browser, Opera mini sux for this while Opera Native like in N82 rox for this.

6) Downloading attachments in phone like doc or PDF & to view them

7) Watching converted movies & video to mp4 at optimal settings at 320X240 resolution with proper fast forward or bookmarks

8 ) Syncing music with album art via WMP11, playback of WMA foramt too...as most of my songs are in WMA...(better then MP3)

Can K850i do all these? No...while N82 can do most of these

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ The NetFront browser is similar to Opera Mobile. You can disable images and can open Orkut and Yahoo! Mail.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Didn't know about these capabilities of netfront, the one in K750i is 2 years old & plane sux compared to Opera Mini 4. See, Opera Mini is good, but lousy when it comes to encrypted sites etc, like Windows Live Mail, so for that either use Windows Live Mobile or native phone browser.

Tell me, can we disable loading images like in Opera mini with the native browser in K850i? & tell me whether Orkut & Yahoo Mail open or not :p

yes u can do it .. the option of the browser.. show image > off
show animation > off
play sound > off

Don't know whether there is a pdf file viewer for JAVA based SE phones, is it?

ya i will post it soon .. discovered very recently...

will post here soon

Away from computer for me means

1) Checkin my Yahoo Mail via POP3 in Phone

i think yes with native email client built into it.. but havent tried it now ..will try soon...

2) Checking GMail via GMail app
yes u have gmail app to do this specifically and also u have yahoo go 3 beta( really superb app) to view yahoomail, weather, flickr photo, local news, maps...etc.. list goes on..

3) IM Using MOrange or something similar
nowadays u have soo many jar app to do this .. just visit getjar and select ur phone ..

4) Checking orkut & scrapping there
can be done easily with opera 4 mini... no problem at all ..all server issues solved now

5) Check Windows Live mail via a browser, Opera mini sux for this while Opera Native like in N82 rox for this.
havent tried this... sorry

6) Downloading attachments in phone like doc or PDF & to view them

yes point ur local browser to the address it will download saying .. the file is not supported by phone but will downbload and place it in "OTHERS" folder
then u can view with the java app... simple...

7) Watching converted movies & video to mp4 at optimal settings at 320X240 resolution with proper fast forward or bookmarks

PIECE OF CAKE.... !!!! k850 rules here ..... no problem at all.. out of all my SE phones k850 had better option over the video like dedicated FF, STOP , PLAY , keys.. with ZOOM !!!!! also... which is not present in other phones exept k800

8 ) Syncing music with album art via WMP11, playback of WMA foramt too...as most of my songs are in WMA...(better then MP3)

done and working fine!!!

Can K850i do all these? No...while N82 can do most of these

OOPPPPSSS IT DOES ALL >... u have a smart phone here .... everybody...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
yes u can do it .. the option of the browser.. show image > off
show animation > off
play sound > off

Cool...

ya i will post it soon .. discovered very recently...

even then, JAVA apps run in Sandbox enviroment so many restrictions. But then again, I don't always need to view PDFs in Phone , just once in a while.
i think yes with native email client built into it.. but havent tried it now ..will try soon...

It works, even in my K750i, I just mentioned what all I need.

yes u have gmail app to do this specifically and also u have yahoo go 3 beta( really superb app) to view yahoomail, weather, flickr photo, local news, maps...etc.. list goes on..

Wait, Yahoo go works with K850i in India?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13.gif REALLY....It doesn't work with my K750i...gr8, all my problem for Yahoo servies are solved if Yahoo Go works with K850i, I just need messenger for which I right now use Morange.
nowadays u have soo many jar app to do this .. just visit getjar and select ur phone ..

Already do this, MOrange is java based.
can be done easily with opera 4 mini... no problem at all ..all server issues solved now

just wrote what I need in a phone.

havent tried this... sorry

Do so, U will hate SE & Microsoft, why can't MS release a JAVA based Windows Live Mail app like GMail App.
yes point ur local browser to the address it will download saying .. the file is not supported by phone but will downbload and place it in "OTHERS" folder
then u can view with the java app... simple...

Need to check this, I check my yahoo mails in my K750i via the inbuilt POP3 client, but do show me this PDF Viewer.

PIECE OF CAKE.... !!!! k850 rules here ..... no problem at all.. out of all my SE phones k850 had better option over the video like dedicated FF, STOP , PLAY , keys.. with ZOOM !!!!! also... which is not present in other phones exept k800

Cool...haven't checked K850i yet in my own hands so wasn't able to check these features, I was comparing it to real player for N82.

done and working fine!!!

WMA plays?

What about multitasking? Can you run (example) Morange & Opera mini both together at one time?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The pics are very hazy. Seem like they've come from a fairy tale.

hazy??? sorry the k850i cant take sharper pics...mayb the nokias can...lol...and yea......y dont u chk out sum of the pics in the cam section...there are many k850 sample and some nokia samples..enlarge and compare... :D

@gx-dude..k850 can also play rm files...but from the file manager..u cant play them frm the meadia player...a new plugin is scheduled to arrive in the next firmware when the k850 will start supposrting more formats..

cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom