Sony announces Xperia L and SP mid range droids

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Nokia ? LOL. Nokia is almost irrelevant in the smartphone market. And unless they jump to Android I don't see them going anywhere with WP. They only shipped 5 million "proper" smartphones last quarter.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I've got some good news. L and SP may hit Indian shores within 3 weeks :cool:

SP MRP - 26990
L MRP - 18990

May be higher by 1k or lower by 2k.

Keep in mind these are just MRP. Street price will be 24 for SP and 17 for L
freaking hell...i feel ripped off buying Xperia SL for 24k... :|

^

Nokia ? LOL. Nokia is almost irrelevant in the smartphone market. And unless they jump to Android I don't see them going anywhere with WP. They only shipped 5 million "proper" smartphones last quarter.

I have heard the new Nokia lumia series is doing very well...some of the dealers i had spoken to said there is a lot of demand for 820/920...dont write them off just yet...

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia L vs Xperia SP vs Optimus 4X HD vs Galaxy SIII benchmark comparison :)

*i.imgur.com/Wcie6Mf.jpg

As you can see, SP easily beats GS3 and L is very close to Optimus 4X HD

EDIT:

Oops missed out Nenamark2.

L - 59.7
SP - 60
Optimus 4X HD - 52.3
Galaxy SIII - 58.8

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
^

Sony is already way ahead of HTC. Sony ships 4 times more android smartphones than HTC.

But Samsung is a different story. Even after L/SP launch Galaxy Grand will sell like hotcakes. :(

There are TOO many Samsung ads, so general public will ignore Sony and get Samsung.
good then theres only samsung to beat. sony had been best in design for past years and were lacking good h/w before but now with these two models, it covers up every aspect be it looks,design or h/w . and design has been a weak spot of samsung for years where sony easily takes over.
So, if sony starts marketing better(which they must do) then i see no reason for people to prefer samsung over sony. many of my friends dont like samsung's design including me too, even though they pack a good h/w.

i could not find a single info of benchmarks on net as of now. how come you have so much info?:shock: Are you some sony "Insider" or a reviewer of some reputed mobile site who got his hands on prototype units :p :wink:

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
LOL. I've take the scores from GSMArena and few other review sites. GLBenchmark and Antutu scores for SP/L are available. Rest I've taken from devices with same chipset as L/SP. :)

Im a Pro leaker yes, but don't have prototype SP/L LOL

quagmire

Allllright !

*i.imgur.com/Wcie6Mf.jpg

As you can see, SP easily beats GS3 and L is very close to Optimus 4X HD

EDIT:

Oops missed out Nenamark2.
L - 59.7
SP - 60
Optimus 4X HD - 52.3
Galaxy SIII - 58.8

OMG!:shock: XL beats 4X HD in all and XSP beats S3 in almost all with a fair margin.. :goodjob: SONY :-D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^

Err... sorry... I don't agree. I currently rock Lumia 800 and the quickness for most day-to-day work smokes Android in every way, except customization. Only if Microsoft cared for WP as much as Nokia, then WP can make a dent in near future.

pratyush997

Inactive
Err... sorry... I don't agree. I currently rock Lumia 800 and the quickness for most day-to-day work smokes Android in every way, except customization. Only if Microsoft cared for WP as much as Nokia, then WP can make a dent in near future.
and how about Data Consumption + NO BT Transfer + No file manager + No WP 8 = No Freedom!

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer

I was talking about sales performance only. Nowhere did I comment on the performance of the devices themselves. No matter how good WP8 phones Nokia makes, they won't get anywhere. Only a section of customers like WP8.Mainly the reason why Samsung has now backed out of WP8 phone market.

Xperia L video sample

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
sample looks pretty nice with good details. though focus is a bit slow but its fine for a phone cam. those dogs are so cute:p:)

funskar

Padawan
^

Sony is already way ahead of HTC. Sony ships 4 times more android smartphones than HTC.

But Samsung is a different story. Even after L/SP launch Galaxy Grand will sell like hotcakes. :(

There are TOO many Samsung ads, so general public will ignore Sony and get Samsung.

Yeah ..
As heard Samsung spends more money on Marketing its mobile products than Apple+HP+Dell+Microsoft+Coca-Cola combined together on their products:cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom