*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

cyberscriber

-- .- -. ..
Re: ***science Or God?***

me too an atheist..

Cheers
Both God & religion are concepts formulated by man(You dont see animals going to temples or singing prayers). God was created to explain things for which man did not have any answers. Religion is something personal which man believes in to keep himself in control, disciplined, and free from bad habits.
to be precise, God is greatest invention of man ;)

Our own indians also said that something is eating the moon and sun during eclipses ( and probably sh***ing after that ). Dont tell this to Americans, they'll laugh at us even more.

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart

^^^

You may be one of those maniacs who eye AMERICA for their every comparison.
What do you mean by "they will laugh at us even more". Lol you sit in your couch thinking about how to stop americans from laughing at us. Did you ever try to think or ponder over the topic we are discussing over and do a little research over it before giving you such a lame remark? Your last sentence itself shows your attitude towards yourself and the great civilization you are a part of.
Because of that last sentence above post is not worth replying to!
*imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209034.gif

mediator

Technomancer

^^^^ Absolutely correct!
@cyberscriber : "Inferiority Complex" is the disease I'll say ur suffering from and feel wheneva u see an American or a white skinned guy standing in front of u or around u!! Ur still not free from such psychological complex! Do u form ur outlooks like that normally by thinking what americans will say?? Don't u have ur own independent outlook!!

Well ur an atheist! So u shud also know that most of these Americans are Christians and follow their religions like most other religious people do! They also have theories like earth created in 6 days by "God"!!

I know u'll ponder about that coz its more "American" and laugh at similar things associated with ur own religion.

Neways I find Americans much puny as compared to Indians.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

Those who say Science is mightier:
Why don't they create a "human" from their Scientific innovations??
Mankind doesn't have an answer to many hidden mysteries. He has control over only a certain number of Parameters, rest is beyond his scope. When anything unnatural happens we try to link it as one of the deeds of God. Even doctors say before an operation that they have 99% of success in their hands; they leave the rest 1% with God. Why do they say so? There is ofcourse a superpower called God which will always remains above the defintions which Science can give...

cyberscriber

-- .- -. ..

@planetcall
Jus recall what you have posted before replying.

planetcall said:
We are not being told the greatness of our culture rather we are being shown the greatness of the west and the modern scientific society.

Is these crappy superstitions were the greatness of our culture to be told??
So all these days you were researching those useless superstitions? lol.

I know that Indians were rulers and Europeans were ape men centuries ago. Then why did India became a poor country? Thats because of these superstitions and religious dominations. Help India to develop economy, technology and education. Don't pass these superstitions to coming generations to follow.

I suggest you a few useful topics to research -> Evolution, Universe, Big bang and Darvin's Principle.

IMAO,
GOD ( which is invented by man ) IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL EVILS
@cyberscriber : "Inferiority Complex" is the disease I'll say ur suffering from and feel wheneva u see an American or a white skinned guy standing in front of u or around u!! Ur still not free from such psychological complex! Do u form ur outlooks like that normally by thinking what americans will say?? Don't u have ur own independent outlook!!

Well ur an atheist! So u shud also know that most of these Americans are Christians and follow their religions like most other religious people do! They also have theories like earth created in 6 days by "God"!!

I know u'll ponder about that coz its more "American" and laugh at similar things associated with ur own religion.

Neways I find Americans much puny as compared to Indians.
I never said i'm attracted to Americans. We are more intelligent than them. But also we have these superstitions spreading like disease.
Mankind doesn't have an answer to many hidden mysteries. He has control over only a certain number of Parameters, rest is beyond his scope. When anything unnatural happens we try to link it as one of the deeds of God. Even doctors say before an operation that they have 99% of success in their hands; they leave the rest 1% with God. Why do they say so? There is ofcourse a superpower called God which will always remains above the defintions which Science can give...
Doctors are not scientists. They are also one among us, and brought up with the same beliefs. And the reason they say like that is comfort them psychologically.

Last edited:

OPTUMS PRIME

Broken In

God Made A Super Computer Is World And We Are A Component.he Can Overclock Every Thing And When He Want To Restart Or Shut Down The System (world)then He Can Do It Very Easily.he Is Matchless & Wordless. I Have No Words To Say About Him.

Thanks

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

cyberscriber said:
@planetcall
Jus recall what you have posted before replying.

Is these crappy superstitions were the greatness of our culture to be told??
So all these days you were researching those useless superstitions? lol.

I know that Indians were rulers and Europeans were ape men centuries ago. Then why did India became a poor country? Thats because of these superstitions and religious dominations. Help India to develop economy, technology and education. Don't pass these superstitions to coming generations to follow.

I suggest you a few useful topics to research -> Evolution, Universe, Big bang and Darvin's Principle.

IMAO,
GOD ( which is invented by man ) IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL EVILS

I never said i'm attracted to Americans. We are more intelligent than them. But also we have these superstitions spreading like disease.

Doctors are not scientists. They are also one among us, and brought up with the same beliefs. And the reason they say like that is comfort them psychologically.

Have You ever been in a situation where you relied on God? If you did, then why??

cyberscriber

-- .- -. ..

Lucky_star said:
Have You ever been in a situation where you relied on God? If you did, then why??

I never relied on god. If anything is out of control, man tend to believe god, which may in turn comfort him psychologically. But i'm not so.

planetcall

Indian by heart

Mr Cyberscriber ! I need not reply to you as I already have posted enough in this thread which you didnt cater to read before posting and which already replies to your attitude towards something which you know not a single bit. Try to evolve beyond the school books and develop an independent way of thinking. Before you comment on , go through what others are saying. Instead of this crib if you would have commented over what proofs I and others have given in favour of topic then it would have been more appreciable. I hope your next post is going to be an intelligent reply.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

planetcall said:
Mr Cyberscriber ! I need not reply to you as I already have posted enough in this thread which you didnt cater to read before posting and which already replies to your attitude towards something which you know not a single bit. Try to evolve beyond the school books and develop an independent way of thinking. Before you comment on , go through what others are saying. Instead of this crib if you would have commented over what proofs I and others have given in favour of topic then it would have been more appreciable. I hope your next post is going to be an intelligent reply.

You got my point!:)

cyberscriber

-- .- -. ..

planetcall said:

Mr planetcall! Try to evolve beyond beliefs and develop an independent way of thinking. These proofs (as you say) are just manuscripts written by people some 1000 to 5000 years ago. And they did that to form a political community in the name of religion. These writings include, the bible, quran, or ramayana or whatever. You call them proofs?? I believe there are No scientific proofs.
This reply is intelligent enough!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

cyberscriber i think u just called the ramayana a work of fiction well if its so then i guess its the best selling fiction novell in human historybesdides proove to me tht none of wat is wriiten is true

il give an example might sound absurd to some but think abt it:

today man is using a bluetooth device which is cordless small in size to talk to some1 in another end of the world v hav cams tht transmit sumthing in outer space to earth y is it not possible for a blind man to see the happenings of war in another end of the world

mediator

Technomancer

cyberscriber said:
Mr planetcall! Try to evolve beyond beliefs and develop an independent way of thinking. These proofs (as you say) are just manuscripts written by people some 1000 to 5000 years ago. And they did that to form a political community in the name of religion. These writings include, the bible, quran, or ramayana or whatever. You call them proofs?? I believe there are No scientific proofs.
This reply is intelligent enough!

U need proofs?? Read this carefully!! U might not be believing what Indians say, but it seems u like to believe wat americans say. The prrofs are there supported by scientific explanations!!

Yea there are superstitions and thats what happens when epics like these are told by one generation to next. Twistings are produced!! Read a full fledged Mahabharata,Ramayana written in Sanskrit to remove all ur superstitions coz words loose their meaning when translated from mighty Sanskrit,Hindi,any Indian Language to puny English language.

Neways some 1000-5000 years after people like u might think that Gandhiji was also a fictitious story character! Thats the human nature!

cyberscriber said:

I have never seen neone who believes in science being superstitous! The richness of our culture was there. The proof is there. The Amercian's opinion that u consider so much before forming ur own is there. The whole world has evidences based on scientifics facts now. So read em. Read the link I gave!
Its OK to question, but before giving ur expert comments u shud read India's history and timeline, how things changed, violence was there, Mughals razed temples,scriptures,idols,paintings etc and then came ur fellow foreigners!! So read India's history and get enlightened how it got poor and Vedic books destroyed!

Yes we shudn't pass superstitions, but the facts! And u please help India to develop economy, technology and education by thinking beyond what u can see. If the world was filled with such people who cudn't think beyond and kept making expert comments, calling every one idiot whom they didn't believe etc then I'm afraid the world wudn't have been so technologically advanced as its now!! So think whats probablistic and whats possible and think how cud it have happened and relate it to science instead making ur expert opinions! Thats how ur Americans work. So its time u work like em and I promise American's wont laugh!!

Neways Unvierse evolution,Big bang etc if u know aren't facts. They r just theories put forward!! Now don't laugh at them and call em superstitious! Since Big bang seems most probabilistic, we keep on reading about it everywhere! They are not facts yet, but theories trying to become facts!
Likewise Ancients Indians knew much before ur fellow Americans that world was round and about planets (astrology)etc. We have lost much of our ancient books, but some knowledge is still there like Vedic mathematics (complete maths),Ayurveda(complete description of human diseases and cure) . Don't laugh at them again, coz its ur Fellow Amercians who r shocked to see how great these Vedic things are. They r trying to learn about it, read newspapers and u'll knwo what I'm saying. So u better learn about em too! After all u prefer what Americans think rather than what u think!!

So njoy read the link and sources+comments in those sources!! All evidences+ based on scientific facts!!

faraaz

Evil Genius

I voted for the God option, but only because that was the closest thing to what I wanted to say.

Where's the Science + God option?? You do realise that its not a mutually exclusive statement!

Atleast, IMO...there is of course, God in the role of Creator and all that, and science explains how these things happen.

I mean, to quote Pratchett, people ask for proof of God through miracles, but what more do you want than making wine from sunlight? Or water from thin air?? Of course...its all explained through science so apparently its not a miracle...WTF?!? Just cuz you understand the physics/chemistry/biology involved doesn't mean its any less of a miracle! This stuff doesn't happen by chance you know...

So yeah...edit poll!

planetcall

Indian by heart

faraaz i agree to your stand to certain extent. But I dont agree to see God and Science in segregated manner. Gita stresses on science, also Brahma says that he likes Vigyan more in the various categories of Gyan. So again and again our culture has stressed upon the science and knowledge. It was this firm believe that led to the mighty development of our culture both scientifically and spiritually. I believe, if you have faith in god, you have faith in nature and all its charateristics. Whatever is happening around you is not miracle. It is all bound to the laws of that ultimate creator. But this law, the creator, you and this universe in itself is a miracle. The ultimate truth beyond which there is nothing. The ultimate logic the description of which itself is illogical

Last edited:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member

I've heard this too many times that religious sentiments can be anti-scientific, be that in certain cases or as a whole. As far as I know, I don't think any religion prohibits its followers from attaining excellency in their karma. Do you?

If at all there is such a line of thinking then it has fallen into dotage.

faraaz

Evil Genius

If you think about it, all this religion vs. science antagonism came about because of Western ideologies...I mean think about it...

Bible says Earth is in the centre of the Earth and poor Kepler & Copernicus and Galileo et. al burned for it...

Quran and Vedas and all were light years ahead cuz they kept saying the correct stuff all along ANYWAY! :p

Also...its the Americans/UK'ers who keep arguing against science and religion being co-existing schools of thought because their social background dictates that...

So if you think about it, this stuff doesn't REALLY apply to Indian theology, which is based on science in the first place...

MERA BHARAT MAHAAN! :D

Top Bottom