*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

sky90

Right off the assembly line
You can see science everywhere, but not the god.

science alway says what is practically possible, the concept of god is somewhat hypo...

Science has evolved from logics,experiments,proofs and techniques over the past so many years. But God has evolved from human thoughts and sayings which are neither true nor false. The question about Gods existence remains.

Neuron

Electronic.
These are my views.

Science is still in its early stages.It says that there is a reason for everything.But there are certain things that cannot be explained by science.
For example,
Why should a proton attract an electron?
Why should matter posses gravity?
No one can explain these things and so science takes them as 'laws' or 'properties'.Science is something which is derived from these laws and
properties.So whatever caused these properties to come into existence created science.:):)

Neuron

Electronic.
Right bro...But just as you said, science is creation of human logic.But the same human logic is very limited .There are things beyond our thoughts.Just think (might sound crazy!!) can you imagine a color that you haven't seen in your life?Someone who is blind since his birth do not have any sense of colors and there is no reason for him to believe in the existence of colors.But that doesn't mean that colors do not exist.Can science prove that other primary colors exist or not?It can't.Same way science doesn't yet have a way to prove the existence of god.But one day science will grow to such level where it will be forced to accept the existence of the so called god and might take it as one of the laws!

hansraj

In the zone
These are my views.

Science is still in its early stages.It says that there is a reason for everything.But there are certain things that cannot be explained by science.
For example,
No one can explain these things and so science takes them as 'laws' or 'properties'.Science is something which is derived from these laws and
properties.So whatever caused these properties to come into existence created science.:):)

Asking questions which are still under research cannot be a basis of proving that god exists. Its just a matter of time that we will have answers for your second question as well. If questioning is the basis of your belief that god exists then why cant god create life on moon or mars where god cud have created creatures non dependent on oxygen! There could be thousands of such questions asking about so many phenomenon which god could have initiated but not done!!
Existence of god is an outcome of a very basic nature of humans which is fear..... in Hindu mythology, people worshipped all powerful things around (cobra as nag devta, fire as agni , storm as pawan, lion as vehicle of goddess shakti, wild boar as varah and the list is endless). You can find similar rituals or rules in other religions. No one worships the weak. Humans worship only those which have the capability to harm or destroy. This is done in order to remain safe and recieve minimum damages ever.

To overcome this fear, the strength which keeps you driving whether its against real threats in life or the imaginative nightmares is this feeling of god. Its a nice feeling of course !!! Its as simple as Fear = god. Create a human without fear in him and he shall never feel the presence of god. Science is that logic which decreases this fear and thats why you have so many people around here in this forum who are very well educated, who have logic but still believe that god still exists. Coz they are humans and they too are scared.
I am firm - There is no god.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Neuron
Then join the church of flying spaghetti monster. He created everythin with the touch of his tender appendages. His presence solely is the answer to all the question that science cannot answer. Hav faith and belief. Dont bother about searchin answers becoz you dont need one.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
The Most Concise Definition of God
"Say: He is Allah,
The One and Only.
"Allah, the Eternal, Absolute.
"He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."

The word ‘Assamad’ is difficult to translate. It means ‘absolute existence’, which can be attributed only to Allah (swt), all other existence being temporal or conditional. It also means that Allah (swt) is not dependent on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependent on Him.

The Muslims prefer calling the Supreme Creator, Allah, instead of by the English word ‘God’. The Arabic word, ‘Allah’, is pure and unique, unlike the English word ‘God’, which can be played around with.

If you add ‘s’ to the word God, it becomes ‘Gods’, that is the plural of God. Allah is one and singular, there is no plural of Allah. If you add ‘dess’ to the word God, it becomes ‘Goddess’ that is a female God. There is nothing like male Allah or female Allah. Allah has no gender. If you add the word ‘father’ to ‘God’ it becomes ‘God-father’. God-father means someone who is a guardian. There is no word like ‘Allah-Abba’ or ‘Allah-father’. If you add the word ‘mother’ to ‘God’, it becomes ‘God-mother’. There is nothing like ‘Allah-Ammi’, or ‘Allah-mother’ in Islam. Allah is a unique word. If you prefix tin before the word God, it becomes tin-God i.e., fake God. Allah is a unique word, which does not conjure up any mental picture nor can it be played around with. Therefore the Muslims prefer using the Arabic word ‘Allah’ for the Almighty. Sometimes, however, while speaking to the non-Muslims we may have to use the inappropriate word God, for Allah. Since the intended audience of this article is general in nature, consisting of both Muslims as well as non-Muslims, I have used the word God instead of Allah in several places in this article.

God does not become a human being:
God does not take human form:
Some may argue that God does not become a human being but only takes a human form. If God only takes a human form but does not become a human being, He should not possess any human qualities. We know that all the ‘God-men’, have human qualities and failings. They have all the human needs such as the need to eat, sleep, etc.

The worship of God in human form is therefore a logical fallacy and should be abhorred in all its forms and manifestations.

That is the reason why the Qur’an speaks against all forms of anthropomorphism. The Glorious Qur’an says in the following verse:

"There is nothing whatever like unto Him."

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Coulombic forces?

Gravitational Forces exist even in Sub Atomic levels. It's actually the weakest force among Strong Force, Weak Force, and Gravitational Forces. I think Scientists are researching on concepts of Gravitational Waves...

Not exactly god doing this himself eh?
Anyway I usually stick to the fence, so no further comments.

Neuron

Electronic.
^^but then u will have to change the traditional definition of god.

Not at all.In fact,vedas,upanishads etc. contain highly advanced concepts and definitions of god like the those of the supreme power called 'brahman' rather than the concept of some big good guy who lives to protect good from evil.

Also the science as we know it is not perfect.It makes a lot of assumptions or adjustments while trying to prove something.The 'Big Bang Theory' states that the universe was initially in a very hot and highly dense state.The question "How does this state came into being? still leaves the scientists in silence.
Anything which exists must have a birth and this birth this must take from something which pre-exists.This 'pre-existing' thing is also bound to the same condition.This goes on till infinity and there can't be a first thing But this doesn't make sense. So the only possibilty of the birth of the initial universe or the 'first thing' is through spontaneous generation by which the universe came into existence with NO REASONS.Hands of god??

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^i agree with some pointa but agree to disagree with rest of the content.
For me there is only one definition of god and that is 'its the basic bulding block of everythin, from zero to infinity'.
Imagine telling an average joe abt electrons, protons and neutrons. someone simplified it with something which a common person can relate better, like we all are made up of soil. Which is correct but at a very low level of understanding. You wouldn't start with calculus from kindergarten ? Would you? And and average person working for daily meal wants an easy and simple solution.
Now someone will say that god is in sh!t too. Yeah it is. What may be sh¡t for you is lifeline for other creatures (unless u r a dumbfcuk thinking that other lifeforms are inferior to us).
My motto is not to worship that god but to follow 'dont be an arsehole to others'. I think that makes me a better and sane person in life.

@laatif786
Your post itself is a logical fallacy.

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
properties.So whatever caused these properties to come into existence created science.:smile::smile:

Even if you ignore the fact that those things are being explained, ur basic definition of science itself is wrong.. it is not "derived" by any laws.. simply put, science is the logical use of knowledge... and as u said logical doesnt always mean flawless or true.. and those "laws" u mentioned might not have a total explanation behind them, as we look for the explanations, we will keep finding more questions which is inevitable, but these laws are assumed to be, well laws or perfectly true because they are true without the shadow of a doubt (in most cases), even if we dont have a complete understanding of it yet.. like gravitation for example.. even if we dont understand it completely and maybe we never can due to the afforementioned continuous questioning process, it is true, simply because there is pure proof.. u can throw a ball up and watch it come down and even calculate its velocity, gravitational constant etc etc upto the nth decimal point.. but you simply cannot yet see or prove a god..

but now this depends on your definition of god.. Is he just a "power" or "energy" like a simple ball of energy say..? like the one from which everything as we know it might have exploded out of, like the big bang? Maybe but i wudnt call tat a god, its just simply energy.. according to the proper definition, a god is a creator or a supreme being who created us all intelligently..

I dont disagree totally to a concept of a diety in the form of energy or matter or whatever, plainly because tats ur own personal definition of god.. but the idea tat he is intelligent is highly improbable and the concept that he takes attendance and punishes bunkers is laughable indeed..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

No matter how hard we explain the fact, they don't believe it at all, other than GOD.... :D

Eventhough they knew that science has explanation for everything, they simply ignore this and start doing their daily chores for GOD and advise others to follow them. I felt that :x. Even if i don't want to go to temple, they didn't leave me and they just yell at me like i am a traitor and just drag me down to temple. That is awkward.

I don't have my own opinion even in this. *sigh*

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
science science science......

there r certain things which science has proved wit time but were considered 2b super natural or some god activities till they werent....

true - god is virtually created by human.... in a small town in jharkhand once happened that a spoon of milk was drunk nearly half amt by god's statue on bringing up to it....the whole town went bazzark and there were 100's of worshiping ppl waiting 2 feed god.... we came 2 know that milk was given by some fraud milk provider who mixes too much water which was absorbed by the statue upon contact as it was made of mud.... tried to convince ppl but all they cud understand is they fed god....

so god is belief...i beleive wat i see n know...i vote science which proves everythin in front of u

Enjoy~!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
There r infinite number of galaxies, planets....and possibly life.
The only question that comes to my immature but curious mind that how the 'Nature' can exist without a source of energy?
If god or a supreme power doesn't exist then what powers up the universe?

@speedyguy Science can never ever answers all the questions.

Top Bottom