• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

niraj87

Broken In
@Siddhesh -

Those links do work since i edited them....chk them out

@all
1. The below site has some of the best of Android apps, games, at one place, that takes a lot of effort to download at different sites. Registration required, but great site.

Best Android Downloads |Android Apps | Android Games | Android Widgets | Android Downloads | Top Android Apps | Direct Links Firmware Updates - BestAndroidDownloads.Com

All the must-have launchers are available here (including Windows 7 (awesome), TouchWiz 3.0, Acer, n more...some of my favs r Home ++, Live Home, Open Gesture, Acer) :

Best Android Themes | Home Replacements Themes For Free - BestAndroidDownloads.Com

2. Does anyone have the SD card data of high graphic Android games? OR Can anyone download the game data frm the phone n then upload somewer, since I (n many more) dont have a 3G or a WiFi connection.

I found some SD card data for non-Froyo users like FIFA 10, NOVA, NFS Shift, lot more. Some of the games that this guy has uploaded include the SD card data of the games. Check out the file sizes when going thru the list of torrents. For all the games of size > 15-20mb, download those torrents (first 4 pages only, for Android games)

xxThugxx - TPB

Similarly, if u find such uploads elsewhere, plz post them here, or make a new thread n post the link here.

Btw, after typing all the above, my mind reminds me that most ppl here are G3 users, so these games wont work on their device, while they do work on my LG GT540, which means they work on the O1.

Last edited:

Aditya11

Journeyman
appbrain.com is THE most reliable site for app downloads. It also has user comments and ratings and a tight integration with Android Market. Besides, the site offers download utility app of its own which lets you download and update apps from your mobile.

Only high end 3D games will not run on G3, rest all will.

niraj87

Broken In
@Aditya

I'm talking abt downloading apks on the PC, not on the phone. There r loads of similar bulk sites, but some of the stuff on this site is only available at places like XDA, modaco n not easily elsewhere.

And yes, 3D games r wat I'm talkin abt n they are available in a good number now a days n play smoothly on my phone.

Purchased O1 for my brother for 12.5k. The shopkeeper was not offering any more discounts :(

Need one suggestion, which 8gb memory card (class etc) should be purchased and if possible please let me know the cost too.

mail2abhi81

Broken In
morning fellas! just voted for LG O1, I jus so much need it. :)

I wanted to know from Bangalore folks, to suggest shops which would offer the best price. As of now, the lowest quote I've got is of 12,500, but am sure there would be shops selling at better rate than this.

B'lore janta, please advise!! Shop name/ location/ ph. no would be very much appreciated.

Abhi

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I wanted to know from Bangalore folks, to suggest shops which would offer the best price. As of now, the lowest quote I've got is of 12,500, but am sure there would be shops selling at better rate than this.

B'lore janta, please advise!! Shop name/ location/ ph. no would be very much appreciated.

Abhi

there is one store next to food world opposite to Raheja Arcade (below Dr.Batra's clinic). Their pricing has been very good.

Lavanya Vina

Right off the assembly line
Any day LG android is the best choice ever. Even i was soooo confused but then i realised its the only phone which comes with soooo many apps already stored in it. Also the price for which you get it, is totally worth it. I was also contemplating sooo much bt now im the happiest person on this planet. the apps sooooo addictive. I think go for the Optimus ONE. also try and visit SOI2010 and take part. You can get an android for freee...sounds good na...LG Android rocks.....

Purchased O1 for my brother for 12.5k. The shopkeeper was not offering any more discounts :(

Need one suggestion, which 8gb memory card (class etc) should be purchased and if possible please let me know the cost too.

Please someone answer this :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone

Abhi

I don't know about the price, but go with Sandisk. (Class 2 is enough, but if possible, get Class 4) And, it seems Class rating may be misleading. (Sandisk Xtreme Class 4 Card outperforms Class 10 Transcend.)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

update the firmware to v10E if you want got for 8Gb card. AFAIK the v10B firmware have problem & doesn't detect 8Gb Sandisk (sandisk mainly) cards.

@Sam.Shab

of both phones...

both same in photos. in videos LG O1 takes the lead thanks to its higher FPS count.

als2

Journeyman
update the firmware to v10E if you want got for 8Gb card. AFAIK the v10B firmware have problem & doesn't detect 8Gb Sandisk (sandisk mainly) cards.

both same in photos. in videos LG O1 takes the lead thanks to its higher FPS count.

How to update firmware????

me1

Broken In
Hi Niraj,

I can't help you with what you asked, but I do have a question

you said:
2. Does anyone have the SD card data of high graphic Android games? OR Can anyone download the game data frm the phone n then upload somewer, since I (n many more) dont have a 3G or a WiFi connection.
and then you said:
I'm talking abt downloading apks on the PC, not on the phone.

And yes, 3D games r wat I'm talkin abt n they are available in a good number now a days n play smoothly on my phone.

From the first quote, it seems like you are looking for some android games that are uploaded somewhere, so that you could download them on your computer, but then you go on to say, they play well on your phone ..
Am I missing something? what are you really looking for?

After reading your post though, it occured to me, that I can send some games across(to someone i know). Do you have any suggestions? what are the best games that I can send across. Also, I usually steer away from torrent sites. Just file sharing is fine.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: I think I wasn't clear. I want to send across from my phone to someone else. If it requires transfer to computer and then upload it to a filesharing site..yeah that too. And I may not be able to download some of them on my phone because, we don't have 3G yet, for such games, links to already uploaded games will be helpful.

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
@me1

Many Android games require to be installed with an apk, but dont work with just that much. They require us to install the apk in the internal memory, and the remaining game data on the SD card. These kind of games are huge, around 20 to 100mb, like NFS Shift, N.O.V.A., many more.

The problem is that the SD card data must be downloaded via internet. Since, we cant afford 3G n WiFi is always protected here, I was trying to find if someone who such a connection to the internet, can download the SD card game data and then upload somewhere. Then, I found the data of some games uploaded by a guy on torrent.

The 3D games that work on my phone are those that dont require additional game data n are around 2-6 mb in size for the whole game.

me1

Broken In
You were looking for the larger files, I got that, but what I wanted to know is whether
you play on your computer, or your phone. when I read your post I thought, anyone can play android games, they dont have to own an android phone.
I thought I could send across some games from my phone to my little nephew, he owns an iphone, but if I send him some android game, he'd like to play them too. ofcourse he can play on his friends phone, if any of them have an android.
He's 10 years old, but he is more tech savvy than I am, if there is a way to play, I'm sure he will figure himself,thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom