• Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

niraj87

Broken In
@me1

Nothing like that. Its just that the setup files of apps/games (.apk) are available both on the phone thru the Android market (for those having an internet connection) or to install the apks from the SD card to be transferred frm the PC

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@niraj
May be this can help

Need for speed shift full for Android Snapdragon Devices

According to them its for 1ghz proccy phones but xda members got it running on Optimus One (both on stock and rooted).
Give it a try :)

update the firmware to v10E if you want got for 8Gb card. AFAIK the v10B firmware have problem & doesn't detect 8Gb Sandisk (sandisk mainly) cards.

both same in photos. in videos LG O1 takes the lead thanks to its higher FPS count.

How to update firmware????

Same question for me ? How to update firmware, I will buy 8gb card tomorrow and was not aware the sandisk cards will create problems.

Pariksheet

Right off the assembly line
Rooted the phone ... did thunderg custom rom ...installed Prime-v2 from xdadevs... now trying magatron.

shifted phone back to original settings ... have back up of all the apps that came on the phone ...

let me know if some one needs help

niraj87

Broken In
@NainO

The NFS Shift link u posted is even worse as it takes 39mb of internal memory ! I had posted a torrent page in my post recently, which has NFS Shift with an apk (internal memory) + over 100MB of game data (to be installed on SD card)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ I think they provide the SD card data too.
What's the internal memory requirement stated on the link you posted???
BTW internal memory requirement is 98 MB approx. on bada (samsung wave)

@pariksheet
you rooted optimus one or galaxy 3???

niraj87

Broken In
@NainO

The link u posted is a 39mb apk file, which means it has game data along with the setup file inside the apk. I cant even afford a 6mb game installation n so no chance of this setup!

The torrent link I posted has an apk of 2-3mb and game data folder to be copy pasted inside sdcard/data folder

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can anyone post a pic of the page scanned? just wanted to see which comments Team Digit found valuable & informative enough to get featured in the mag.

niraj87

Broken In
@All

Guys, today I rooted and then enabled Apps2SD on my LG Optimus GT540! My phone never rooted using Z4root or Universal Androot, so I used the root.bat method on XDA. The apps automatically install on the SD card. Out of all apps, few installed in the internal storage (not sure why). The phone operates without any lag n feels the same as it was. I'll be happy to help anyone in doing the same, coz the process, which I cudnt understand earlier, is actually easy.

I wanted to know how many of u already enabled Apps2SD on ur Eclair phones?

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
Note : a very strange occurence here.

I've installed atleast 80 apps yet, n leaving few aside, most of the apps are installing on the SD card.

But, now when I plugged in my SD card thru a card reader to check how much of the Ext2 partition is filled with app installation, I found that only 16mb of the 512mb partition is filled !!!

The phone isnt storing apps on the internal storage as earlier, it had 98mb internal memory n now 75mb coz some of the apps automatically installed on the internal memory. Where the hell is it installing the apps then?

What the hell is going on?

rsk11584

Journeyman
HI friends I have bought the samsung galaxy 551, can anyone tell me how to use the navigation / GPS receiver to view my location?????????

I want to view data directly from satellite and not through GPRS etc

utkarsh009

In the zone
@rsk11584: the gprs is used just to load the map of the place while the location is detected by the gps satellite. so if you could load the maps on your device you don't need gprs

me1

Broken In
One day when I was googling I came across this thread, I read a few posts and joined this forum, until then I didn't know this forum existed. I don't know if the thinkdigit magazine picked this thread because it was informative or if it regularly publishes threads from the forum and this time they picked this thread for this month, regardless, it is worth publishing.
I hope the entire thread is not published, if so, I wish I knew it, I would of deleted my posts..I feel insecure when what I write gets published somewhere. I know, it sounds silly, because a post in a public forum is a publishing anyways..
Edit:..not because my posts were random and offtopic, but for other reasons. well, it doesn't matter now.

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
HI friends I have bought the samsung galaxy 551, can anyone tell me how to use the navigation / GPS receiver to view my location?????????

I want to view data directly from satellite and not through GPRS etc

If you just want to know the location, I think Chartcross (used to test GPS) would suffice? Search in the market.

@rsk11584: the gprs is used just to load the map of the place while the location is detected by the gps satellite. so if you could load the maps on your device you don't need gprs

But doesn't the a-gps make use of GPRS (although v.little data is transferred)
for faster fix?

One day when I was googling I came across this thread, I read a few posts and joined this forum, until then I didn't know this forum existed. I don't know if the thinkdigit magazine picked this thread because it was informative or if it regularly publishes threads from the forum and this time they picked this thread for this month, regardless, it is worth publishing.
I hope the entire thread is not published, if so, I wish I knew it, I would of deleted my posts..I feel insecure when what I write gets published somewhere. I know, it sounds silly, because a post in a public forum is a publishing anyways..
Edit:..not because my posts were random and offtopic, but for other reasons. well, it doesn't matter now.

Glad to have you here :) I figure only one page would have been posted (or rather a part of that page) .

guru_urug

iGoogle
Yes...I saw it in the magazine too...only the 1st pg is printed...wich actually I was not happy wid...becoz on the 1st pg...users have posted wrong info abt O1 such as it doesnt support multitouch! anyone reading the mag wud instantly create a wrong impression of the phone...BTW I'm off to get the O1 now...will be going to Alfa :) now u know y im defending it so much ;) My precious!
Also my fav Agent 001 has recommended O1 as best VFM android phone under 15k...
Quoting him from the magazine "Its better built, and is a lot better than the Galaxy 3 in many ways" :D

bought the LG OPTIMUS ONE P500 for 11500/- from alfa....
very happy with the performance! first thing I did was install angry birds and rock player....pls give me a list of must have android apps for this phone...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom