Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
hey guys ... im in dilemma about wich mobile to go for .... My father wants to buy a new fone with GPS n WiFi ..... i prefer the OS to b Android .... Wat should i choose .... My budget is around 10-12k

masterwoo

Right off the assembly line
Ive used both Samdung galaxy 3 and LG Optimus 1 let me summarize the comparison

Screen LG better @ 320x480 pixels compared to Samsung 240x400
Keyboard Samsung 100 times better than LG
Calendar Samsung better than LG
Screen senstivity Samsung years ahead of LG
OS LG better with 2.2 but lot of features which Samsung has in 2.1 are not available in LG like setting the sensitivity of heptic feedfack on keyboard
UI layer Samsung Touchwiz better than LG bland UI

Two things if Samsung fixes up then no one can beat it
1. Screen resolution to 320x480
2. Android 2.2

staticsid

Team Digit
Yes...I saw it in the magazine too...only the 1st pg is printed...
Also my fav Agent 001 has recommended O1 as best VFM android phone under 15k...
Quoting him from the magazine "Its better built, and is a lot better than the Galaxy 3 in many ways" :D

Agent said this? Really? In which issue?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
a small tip to people who are struglling with less phone memory and are not able to store apps on sd card

Get an application called apps2sd and enjoy memory card space

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Ive used both Samdung galaxy 3 and LG Optimus 1 let me summarize the comparison

Screen LG better @ 320x480 pixels compared to Samsung 240x400
Keyboard Samsung 100 times better than LG
Calendar Samsung better than LG
Screen senstivity Samsung years ahead of LG
OS LG better with 2.2 but lot of features which Samsung has in 2.1 are not available in LG like setting the sensitivity of heptic feedfack on keyboard
UI layer Samsung Touchwiz better than LG bland UI

Two things if Samsung fixes up then no one can beat it
1. Screen resolution to 320x480
2. Android 2.2

Yeah, and people would actually care about an opinion of a person with a single post. It's so biased. Most of those issues can be resolved by using 3rd party apps from market so they aren't even valid.Obviously a crank account created to vote on the poll.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Optimus one's 256k colours is real handicap..
On other hand Galaxy 3 eclair is even worse
there is a Samsung p551 has qwerty and froyo and gps

moshel

Padawan
Optimus one's 256k colours is real handicap..
On other hand Galaxy 3 eclair is even worse
there is a Samsung p551 has qwerty and froyo and gps

Yes but it has the same issue like the Galaxy 3, "240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches"

For me the optimus one was the winner over G3 only because of the resolution.

Gollum

Collector
optimus one's screen is sharper than galaxy3 but optimus one's screen seems to have a very high contrast ratio and makes all the images look over saturated.

zeu5

Right off the assembly line
same here buddy... using Megatron... tried Optimus X ROM, Void, Keru.. Megatron seems to be good.. using Milk oS made custom kernel.. and modded widgetlocker.. feels like heaven..

Aditya11

Journeyman
This thread featured in the Magazine! Page 123

LOl..I am super excited to see this page wherein *my* post gets published!! yoohoo. Guess, after all Digit didn't think appropriate publishing posts reeking of blind LG fanboyism and super-dull English (coincidentally, they both go hand-in-hand!)

On a side note, Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 trumps Optimus One..now no reason to think of LG, AT ALL. :-D

Best Android Phones: February 2011 (Phones between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 15,000)

Till a few days, the LG Optimus P500 was the undisputed champion of value for money phones for people who want more quality than what the el-cheapo Andros offer. That was until Samsung launched the most tempting mid-range Android phone - the Galaxy Ace S5830 - for just a shade under Rs. 15,000.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
LOl..I am super excited to see this page wherein *my* post gets published!! yoohoo. Guess, after all Digit didn't think appropriate publishing posts reeking of blind LG fanboyism and super-dull English (coincidentally, they both go hand-in-hand!)

On a side note, Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 trumps Optimus One..now no reason to think of LG, AT ALL. :-D

so, you do accept that LG O1 was better than G3?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A simple advice for you to stop making a fool of yourself. None of the people who were suggesting LG Optimus One are/were fanboys, so why take a dig at them? It was actually *you* who was behaving like a fanboy and repeatedly saying Samsung Galaxy 3 is the better fone when it was clearly NOT.

Great news. :)

Aditya11

Journeyman
A simple advice for you to stop making a fool of yourself. None of the people who were suggesting LG Optimus One are/were fanboys, so why take a dig at them?

I do not understand your problem? Were you in either group that I took dig at? By caring for random strangers you sure make a bigger fool of yourself..

I was always against the LG brand and some 2-3 guys kept on asking me "why?" and proof of LG's unreliability. Then after providing the Digit Icons of Trust Index, in which LG fared pathetically, these same people were still in denial. This blatant fanboyism, coupled with their horrible communication skills made me stop posting in this thread...until I saw Digit has published this thread with my comments..

It was actually *you* who was behaving like a fanboy and repeatedly saying Samsung Galaxy 3 is the better fone when it was clearly NOT.

Keep on with the fanboysim! I have no need to deal with this.. and if you still wish to read why I *prefer* G3, feel free to read my previous posts...or not. Both of these phones are history anyways. We have a new ACE up the sleeves!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do not understand your problem? Were you in either group that I took dig at? By caring for random strangers you sure make a bigger fool of yourself..
sigh, you don't really know to behave in a civil way. Don't you?

I was always against the LG brand and some 2-3 guys kept on asking me "why?" and proof of LG's unreliability. Then after providing the Digit Icons of Trust Index, in which LG fared pathetically, these same people were still in denial. This blatant fanboyism, coupled with their horrible communication skills made me stop posting in this thread...until I saw Digit has published this thread with my comments..
Both Samsung and LG come in the top 5 mobile brands of the world and they've established themselves well in India.

Both of these phones are history anyways. We have a new ACE up the sleeves!!
Perhaps the only sensible thing which you've posted in this thread. :)

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
@Aditya11

LG made a breakthrough after its poor performance in the market with the Optimus One. I am too concerned about LG's reliability but the sheer number of O1 sales & with great customer feedback is not all lie.

The 10k+ market had only a very few candidates until the Ace was launched. Hence people preferred O1 to G3 because of its better hardware specs & newer OS & they are all satisfied. I must say that LG has improved its products from what it had earlier.

My question to you is that will you still go against LG when it launches world's first dual-core phone with 1080p video recording, the Optimus 2X, in WMC ?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am too concerned about LG's reliability but the sheer number of O1 sales & with great customer feedback is not all lie.
It was very hard for Indians to move on from Nokia to SE. SE proved itself. Then it was again hard for Indians to move from Nokia + SE to Samsung. Samsung proved itself. And now LG has also proved itself. Infact, they had proved themselves even before O1 was launched with Cookie KP500 which sold a lot. All companies which I mentioned above are equally reliable and good.

As far as Aditya11 is concerned, he is just forcing his dislike of LG and Samsung fanboyism on us. Most of the people who posted in this thread know all the above brands are reliable and it is just the matter of choosing the better fone for the better price. Votes in this thread are not lies. Everyone here always suggests the best fone in a particular budget. No one actually has hard feelings for Samsung. Guess what? I have not seen anyone suggesting an LG fone for around 25k in the forum. ;)

Now finally Samsung has released a better fone than Optimus One, he's back here spamming the same thing on multiple threads. Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but perhaps the way in which he does. [Read his older posts in this thread] It wouldn't take much for me to end his misery. ;)

Another big myth is about Sony "Bravia" televisions being better than LG and Samsung.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
It was very hard for Indians to move on from Nokia to SE. SE proved itself. Then it was again hard for Indians to move from Nokia + SE to Samsung. Samsung proved itself. And now LG has also proved itself. Infact, they had proved themselves even before O1 was launched with Cookie KP500 which sold a lot. All companies which I mentioned above are equally reliable and good.

As far as Aditya11 is concerned, he is just forcing his dislike of LG and Samsung fanboyism on us. Most of the people who posted in this thread know all the above brands are reliable and it is just the matter of choosing the better fone for the better price. Votes in this thread are not lies. Everyone here always suggests the best fone in a particular budget. No one actually has hard feelings for Samsung. Guess what? I have not seen anyone suggesting an LG fone for around 25k in the forum. ;)

Now finally Samsung has released a better fone than Optimus One, he's back here spamming the same thing on multiple threads. Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but perhaps the way in which he does. [Read his older posts in this thread] It wouldn't take much for me to end his misery. ;)

Another big myth is about Sony "Bravia" televisions being better than LG and Samsung.

+ 1 ! Well said !! (though I don't particularly agree with your sentiment that all brands are reliable.. in fact, I rate Nokia a notch above the others, possibly because of my good experiences with nokia care and poor support I've had from my ex-SE phone, and rather poor support that Samsung is now notorious for..(yeah I'm exaggerating a bit !! )

Nice to hear that Galaxy Ace has released in India at below Rs 15k. Hope it gets some serious competition soon , to drive prices even lower :)

PS: I own a SGS and am quite happy with it :)

Last edited:

Aditya11

Journeyman
sigh, you don't really know to behave in a civil way. Don't you?

I see you have dodged my original question. As far as behaving in civil way is concerned, do you follow your own advice? I see following line in your post, which is miles away from being called as 'civilized':

[Read his older posts in this thread] It wouldn't take much for me to end his misery

Both Samsung and LG come in the top 5 mobile brands of the world and they've established themselves well in India.

It's your word against mine and none has weight if we argue between ourselves. Only thing we can take help is from user surveys and such..and when I present that, instead of graciously accepting it, you guys keep on jumping on me...as if thats gonna change facts.

Perhaps the only sensible thing which you've posted in this thread. :)

..but I am *yet* to read anything sensible posted by you ..:cool:

As far as Aditya11 is concerned, he is just forcing his dislike of LG and Samsung fanboyism on us.

Wow..I can *force* something on someone on Internet forums?? I used to think people have brains to read and decide for themselves...hmm.

Anyways, its better if people continue to discuss the topic and not about *Aditya11*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom