Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@jetboy, try some other task killer. the one provided by LG isn't good. also to control these apps, turn GPRS off. maybe that will silent them temporarily.

Guys anyone tried rooting O1... Some of the pre-installed apps are booooring..(bollywoodji :-D)...Man these irritate like hell.

I would like to ask/clear some doubts...Even after killing some apps they still start up...Isnt there any way that we can stop them permanently..Something like when I want I will start it and keep it shut off other times...I always see around 8-10 apps running in baclground :(...some not even necessary.

If my battery is around 85-90% at around 10pm at night,,,it goes down to 25-20% till 7am in the morning even if I am not touching it or running anything on it..Is it normal?

Taskkiller is already provided by LG..is there a need to install advanced task killer?

Don't worry about the memory issue with this phone. FROYO automatically clears memory when free RAM is less than 60 mb or so... If you want, use a memory optimizer instead to increase this limit.
Task killers are not much useful for FROYO. Kill the apps and they restart in a minute.

For battery, disable wifi and GPS and turn off autosync. Don't use live wallpaper. This should help you save some battery power.

noobdroid

Broken In
Guys using it for 2 days. I am quite happy with it. Though battery seems to be not
Like nokia . But touch is okay. Occassionally some nor respnding happens. There
Is no lag on the software. Browser is great but missing flash. And on the manual
Provided by lg its written that upto 320*240 divx support. But plays 640*320 mp4
Files without any lag. And usb tethering works well.

this is true it perform more than the specification of the mobile...

@jetboy
I am from nashik,from whrere you buy LG O1 and at what price?

Jetboy nd me got the phone from "Shubham telecom" it is opposite Adlabs..

I doubt he has the stock, as he bought the phone after I told him. Just to see the response he bought very few pieces and it was sold out real fast.. check with him or you can PM me your number I can check with and forward you the details..

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Guys, I don't see the point of rooting Optimus since it has stock Froyo and Gingerbread is announced.

Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone

Most of the reasons mentioned in the above link aren't valid anymore.

Here are my arguements in contrast to the above link^^ ( I'm an amateur, so feel free to correct me)

1. If you're talking about performance improvements, the only case I've heard about is G1 and mytouch 3g. Haven't come across any source saying so about Optimus One.

2. I don't have any reason to overclock my phone, it runs fast enough without any lag with launcherpro.

3. Apps2SD doesn't require root access.

4. I don't think Optimus One has any unavailable features. Yes, flash is missing, but that can't be solved by rooting

5. Majority of the applications don't require root access.

6. Optimus One has Multitouch by default

7. Optimus One has Wifi and bluetooth tethering by default too. I've tried Wifi and it works. Not sure about bluetooth.

8. I don't think I need to root for a better keyboard

And if you're saying you just want to root to remove the default applications, I beg to differ, I'd rather stay with those 'annoying' apps than void my warranty. ( Unless its like you can remove the default apps and then unroot xD, then I'll go for it :D)

niraj87

Broken In
@all -

We were comparing the multimedia capabilties of Samsung and LG phones very recently.

1. I tried Rock player n found that its an awesome piece of software that played everything I tried with it, like mpg, mpeg, dat, avi, in addition to the usual mp4. I've not tried 720p, but cant even afford to store huge sized files on my 8gb SD card, which is the case with many users that prefer carrying many satisfying videos than few high-res ones (due to limited space on the SD card), n so the 720p doesnt matter to many.

2. Mixzing player (found a full version at last) and Audio player EQ(greatt equlizer), while PowerAmp cracked version not out yet.

Also, if anyone wants a great equalizer, a player called "LCG jukebox" has a hugely effective equalizer, but only the trial version is available.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys, I don't see the point of rooting Optimus since it has stock Froyo and Gingerbread is announced.

Miss.blooywood ji is one good reason to root. i'll prefer a Hollywood ji over bolywood ji. seriously, what was LG thinking when it choose such stupid apps for a mobile didn't they tied it out or gave it to a few of their working stuff & check if the added apps increases functionality or makes the mobile a semi-working piece of junk.

2. I don't have any reason to overclock my phone, it runs fast enough without any lag with launcherpro.

as read in XDA Forum, the processor can be OC'd to 840Mhz or so. almost all the MSM7227 can be OC'd to around 720-740Mhz from base 600Mhz. i know, it isn't a good idea to OC processor as it may fry the chipset, or make mobile run hot & surely will affect the backup. but those who wants the extra kick in gaming, i think a fast processor (750Mhz) + 512Mb ram + Adreno 200 GPU will offer some good gaming.

but it isn't a necessity. only for the die hard mobile gamers, they may consider. but even in stock the performance is satisfactory to say the least, thanks to the good GPU.

3. Apps2SD doesn't require root access.

most "Apps2SD doesn't require root access."

4. I don't think Optimus One has any unavailable features. Yes, flash is missing, but that can't be solved by rooting

true. AKAIK Flash lite sucks. also the screen isn't big enough to try full desktop like browsing & 1 thing, which i like is. no flash = no *bling* *bling* ads.

6. Optimus One has Multitouch by default

yup.

8. I don't think I need to root for a better keyboard

you may need. Gingerbread keyboard thrashes froyo keyboard face first. froyo/lg keyboard + swype <<< Gingerbread kb.

Unless its like you can remove the default apps and then unroot xD, then I'll go for it :D

i think it is possible. but you got one good point afterall :smile:

someone please call desibond. he may have a better idea of this point.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Sure, bollywoodji is a good reason to root, a very good one, indeed, But, would you risk bricking(SERIOUS ****)/voiding your warranty over uninstalling a stupid app which is ignored anyways?

Well I got Angry Birds and it only lags A BIT when those green pig guys make their wierd sound lol.And that's the only game I have played till now, so yeah, no idea about others.

Btw, do I need to root to use Swype? Either that, or like many guys say, it is only supported on Samsung phones? And that's the only reason I would like to root for ^^ ( And Titanium Backup :D)

Gonna check out Gingerbread keyboard :D

Btw, also checked out roms available for p500, the only good one I found was Amberhome, IMO people should wait before rooting their phones till a better rom comes out.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sure, bollywoodji is a good reason to root, a very good one, indeed, But, would you risk bricking(SERIOUS ****)/voiding your warranty over uninstalling a stupid app which is ignored anyways?

bricking from rooting? where you found this? but after the new firmware rooting isn't possible using the normal app way.

Well I got Angry Birds and it only lags A BIT when those green pig guys make their wierd sound lol.And that's the only game I have played till now, so yeah, no idea about others.

future games may lag a bit. on the other hand, on G3 those games mayn't even start.

Btw, do I need to root to use Swype? Either that, or like many guys say, it is only supported on Samsung phones? And that's the only reason I would like to root for ^^ ( And Titanium Backup :D)

Swype? i don't think so.

BTW what is nandroid backup? any idea?

Btw, also checked out roms available for p500, the only good one I found was Amberhome, IMO people should wait before rooting their phones till a better rom comes out.

megatron is another good one but the guy who modded it also went for a beta kernal. so better stay away till he gives the green signal.

also someone in XDA is trying port CM 6.1 to P500 (modded HTC legend CM 6.1 ROM).

niraj87

Broken In
@Siddhesh

I use the Gingerbread keyboard and Swype on my LG GT540 - Eclair. In fact, Gingerbread launcher is available too. You dont require root access for any of these. Almost everything works on LG Optimus series btw.

Get the Gingerbread Keyboard on Any Android Phone, No Root Required (xda forum link)

gingerbread apk - 4shared.com download free

Aditya11

Journeyman
bricking from rooting? where you found this? but after the new firmware rooting isn't possible using the normal app way.

There is no need to "find" anything. Its a common knowledge that if the rooting is unsuccessful, you risk bricking your phone, that is, rendering your phone useless.

future games may lag a bit. on the other hand, on G3 those games mayn't even start.

I don't think he was asking for comparison with G3. But since you are so sure, enlighten us *which* games u think won't even start on G3.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There is no need to "find" anything. Its a common knowledge that if the rooting is unsuccessful, you risk bricking your phone, that is, rendering your phone useless.

till now i didn't came across any such news. if one tries rooting, either its successful or rooting fails. but bricking, no idea as never heard bricking from rooting :???:

I don't think he was asking for comparison with G3. But since you are so sure, enlighten us *which* games u think won't even start on G3.

currently all games are made keeping in mind the current mobile H/W. cause only a fraction of Androids ship with graphics of the caliber of Samsung GS. rest are mostly based on Qualcomm chips. that also only a few with good graphics (can't say the Adreno 200 a good one. its old). but as tegra2, Samsung orion & TI OMAP 44** makes it to market, better games will definitely come out & with Google announcing that Gingerbread offers a much better platform for gaming, LG O1 have a better chance of surviving the future than G3 (cause 5801 yet to get froyo, gingerbread? you must be kidding).

so LG O1 mayn't offer fluent gameplay on all games but most will run. but mayn't or won't on G3 cause of Samsung's in-house graphics.

i hope i cleared your doubts.

Aditya11

Journeyman
till now i didn't came across any such news. if one tries rooting, either its successful or rooting fails. but bricking, no idea as never heard bricking from rooting :???:

Reading more posts / forums on rooting discussions is advisable! :)

currently all games are made keeping in mind the current mobile H/W. cause only a fraction of Androids ship with graphics of the caliber of Samsung GS. rest are mostly based on Qualcomm chips. that also only a few with good graphics (can't say the Adreno 200 a good one. its old). but as tegra2, Samsung orion & TI OMAP 44** makes it to market, better games will definitely come out & with Google announcing that Gingerbread offers a much better platform for gaming, LG O1 have a better chance of surviving the future than G3 (cause 5801 yet to get froyo, gingerbread? you must be kidding).

so LG O1 mayn't offer fluent gameplay on all games but most will run. but mayn't or won't on G3 cause of Samsung's in-house graphics.

i hope i cleared your doubts.

First, I haven't claimed G3 gets Gingerbread update and unless O1 *actually* gets one, its still just speculation (yes, they have said O1 will get 2.3, but companies keep saying things but delay for some or other reason). Second, you seem to be confusing things severely. OS update doesn't automatically mean better and complex 3D games. Graphics chip, (as you said), along with processor speed, RAM also plays a part. I doubt we will see huge influx of 3D games just because of Gingerbread.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
@Sam There are a handful of reports of bricking on XDA forums itself during (or after) the rooting process.The phone becomes totally useless and you can't unroot it.You have to give it for servicing, they mostly fix it, but hey, you never know if you're one of the unlucky few that LG knows tried to root it, and they refuse servicing your phone since rooting voids warranty.

k4ce

Youngling
O1 users can use z4root (v1.3) if on V10B_00 ... but will not work if u have updated to V10E .... however, it does not brick ur fone even if the root fails (personal experience) ...

Peace out ..

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
The chance of bricking the mobile while rooting is very minute, 1 in 100, the main/best precaution is to keep your mobile charged :-D

siddhesh222

Journeyman
But a few guys did report bricking their phones... but nvm, looking at their grammar, I could tell they were noobs and messed something up themselves xD.

Can anyone download the original India firmware? Apparently LG site doesn't give me access :/

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Reading more posts / forums on rooting discussions is advisable! :)

yes i read. thanks but hardly any bricking from rooting. but yes, some faced problem after they uninstalled the blotwares. as their mobile didn't start & they have to flash a custom rom or original rom.

First, I haven't claimed G3 gets Gingerbread update and unless O1 *actually* gets one, its still just speculation (yes, they have said O1 will get 2.3, but companies keep saying things but delay for some or other reason). Second, you seem to be confusing things severely. OS update doesn't automatically mean better and complex 3D games. Graphics chip, (as you said), along with processor speed, RAM also plays a part. I doubt we will see huge influx of 3D games just because of Gingerbread.

i agree with your first part. for now its just a assurance that may come true but also may takes years.

yes. the overall H/W plays a good role. thats why O1 excels in gaming compared to G3 (had Samsung used Imageon or SGX chips in G3, the plot would have been different). but Google itself announced that Gingerbread will be better for gaming. maybe they fine tuned the platform for gaming. optimized the background processes or the SDK offers better game development else why should Google make such an announcement.

@Sam There are a handful of reports of bricking on XDA forums itself during (or after) the rooting process.The phone becomes totally useless and you can't unroot it.You have to give it for servicing, they mostly fix it, but hey, you never know if you're one of the unlucky few that LG knows tried to root it, and they refuse servicing your phone since rooting voids warranty.

if LG somehow know it'll be really sad on the owner part. BTW the most are positive. cause i visit XDA forum 2-3 times a week & didn't saw anything about bricking yet. maybe i overlooked or missed.

The chance of bricking the mobile while rooting is very minute, 1 in 100, the main/best precaution is to keep your mobile charged :-D

just pray that you or anyone rooting belong to the domain of that 99s :)

niraj87

Broken In
Check this out :

*igyaan.in/2010/12/diy-how-to-install-froyo-2-2-on-galaxy-3-i5800-i5801/

*igyaan.in/2010/12/diy-how-to-install-2-2-froyo-on-your-samsung-galaxy-5/

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

rooted v10e for o1 ... use custom recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom