Salary or Better Workplace -Which one would you compromise on and why?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I want to comment on this topic but can't.... My I'd is my surname and everyone know in my company that I am active on forum.... I can't comment I am not hidden from my bosses.... only thing I can say that I agree with asingh....

Also is there any way I can change my ID now on this forum...

I think I have been monitored.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I want to comment on this topic but can't.... My I'd is my surname and everyone know in my company that I am active on forum.... I can't comment I am not hidden from my bosses.... only thing I can say that I agree with asingh....

Also is there any way I can change my ID now on this forum...

I think I have been monitored.....

You boss looks at your screen, and you keep TDF open. Why..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
You boss looks at your screen, and you keep TDF open. Why..?

We have PCs in cafeteria to surf the net in break time.. Earlier anyone can use it as no I'd or password required... Now we have enter the userid and password to surf the net so they can monitor it.... What we are doing on net....

There were instances when a guy surfed the Naukri site and next Ops Manager got the full report...

Also I m the only guy in my company who raise lot of issues with cafeteria PC like printer not working, unable to login, sites not working due to this I have been warned not to raise anything related to net PC with IT....

Also my company has hired a private agency who checks by your name on different sites what you do and write....

Also if my id is changed it will be a great relief to me...... If Ico can do it I will give my preferred name tomorrow as it is mt birthday....... :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
We have PCs in cafeteria to surf the net in break time.. Earlier anyone can use it as no I'd or password required... Now we have enter the userid and password to surf the net so they can monitor it.... What we are doing on net....

There were instances when a guy surfed the Naukri site and next Ops Manager got the full report...

Also I m the only guy in my company who raise lot of issues with cafeteria PC like printer not working, unable to login, sites not working due to this I have been warned not to raise anything related to net PC with IT....

Also my company has hired a private agency who checks by your name on different sites what you do and write....

Also if my id is changed it will be a great relief to me...... If Ico can do it I will give my preferred name tomorrow as it is mt birthday....... :D

Stop surfing from office. Job+salary >>> forum boards.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
You can not surf from workstation.... As internet is blocked...

However PCs are kept in cafeteria for checking email, and using in break times.... Now break time is yours, its upto you how you can use it.... This does not hampers work as you only get to use in break and the time is tracked.....

Anyway, company has rights to say anything they wish.... I don't care now..... Its more than 7 years of my working life I need to earn bread and butter so job is first thing in life

And also I earn just around 15k so it is very hard to manage things in city like Mumbai... Children school fees, Insurance, medical, food, bills etc.. That is why the salary very important factor.......

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
In the long run this is all that counts ......... ask anyone from an earning middle class family ......
True. That is why accumulating wealth during the early stages on one's career is so important. You can be financially independent by the time you get married and have children.

A simple rule of thumb: Save at least 400 to 500k per year. So by the time you get to 26 or 27, you'll have 2 million INR or more in your kitty, and it changes your attitude toward work a great deal. You'll not be too afraid to lose the job and will be able to take few calculated risks. I know the amount might feel a little big for someone staring one's carrer. If things do not work out as expected in your current place, then it is time to look for alternatives. After all, everyone works for money.

red dragon

Master troll
Most of you guys are in IT right?
My story is slightly different.
I lost my father in the first year of MBBS,fought my way up with tuition money,completed MD pretty early and joined a big multispeciality hospital as cardiologist and was earning a lot of money.
But I was not happy,the entire corporate hospital culture made me nauseated within a year.
Took a huge risk,sat for MD entrance again,this time took community medicine.
Now I do not even earn half the money I used to get,but happy again after a long time.
Now I can wear whatever I want in the office,smoke whenever and wherever I want.
Can talk to my patients(poor...very poor children in remote villages)with an open mind and most importantly,I do not have a boss watching over my shouler all the time(I do have to report once in a month only to this great American guy,who has devoted his life for the poor kids in our country)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@red dragon- Kudos to you man for such sacrifice! :thumbs: :) But you worked in some company I guess, which gave you lots of money to buy tha mac lappi?

red dragon

Master troll
There was no sacrifice mate!
I make somewhat less money than my friends who are doing regular clinical subjects.
But honestly I have absolutely no regrets,can go back to clinics anyday...but happy with the current job...and yes,I can buy a few nice computers too:)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
There was no sacrifice mate!
I make somewhat less money than my friends who are doing regular clinical subjects.
But honestly I have absolutely no regrets,can go back to clinics anyday...but happy with the current job...and yes,I can buy a few nice computers too:)

You already own a line of good lappies! :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/147061-lightweight-workhorse.html

my very good employer has given me a budget of 65-70k for a windows machine)

red dragon

Master troll
@red dragon, whats your marital status ..... ???? kids family, parents to look after....???
Married,one year old daughter,mother to look after.Anything else?
Oh!!I forgot to mention,I work for WHO,currently with Polio eradication prog.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feeling depressed. My dream job since my childhood. :(

You are lucky bro. ;)

Top Bottom