Rocksmith 2014 progress report

bikramjitkar

In the zone
hammer ons is more dependent on how strong your guitar pickup is. a powerful humbucker at the neck helps a lot.

It has nothing to do with your pickups. It's a general technique which applies to acoustics and electrics both. It's all about finger strength and accuracy. A good hammer-on should sound as loud as if the note has been picked. If your guitar can pick up the sound of a note when you use a pick but not when you hammer-on the same note, that's a problem with your technique, not the guitar.

Last edited:

anaklusmos

Youngling
Can some1 suggest a decent electric guitar ( cheaper the better), which will allow me to learn without all these hassles I am facing.
PS: Not more than 8k preferably ( I know its a long shot, but who knows :p ), or I cant buy it.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hmmm cable costs 2200 with shipping to India from amazon, ps4 game 5k with cable, which seems a better deal? Coz currently I have to play on my desktop with small screen but awesome speakers, while I would like to play on my TV for big screen but with inbuilt speakers

anaklusmos

Youngling
Also ps4 version will need me to get optical cable and an optical to rfa converter to remove the latency, as said by ubisoft itself

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Buy an HDMI for your PC, awesome speakers + big screen

mate the game has latency issues with audio over HDMI that is why he cannot use it directly.
Trust me I tried this with my setup as well.
My TV has an option to disable all audio enhancements for correcting this but it still fails to impress.
And this is with the PS3.

Anyway, let us not make this Rocksmith troubleshooting thread, there is a dedicated forum for that. This thread is for your progress with the game

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Cool, have been playing this with a laptop joined by HDMI to TV. had some issues earlier but all seems well now. So guess it's worth a shot

On progress, almost hit a 100% on eye of the Tiger and breaking the law (rhythm mode). Can seem to hit even some bar chords now

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Cool, have been playing this with a laptop joined by HDMI to TV. had some issues earlier but all seems well now. So guess it's worth a shot

On progress, almost hit a 100% on eye of the Tiger and breaking the law (rhythm mode). Can seem to hit even some bar chords now

Breaking the law is same even on Lead.
Eye of the tiger Rhythm is very easy
Try Lead.

Another easy Rhythm arrangement is Cold Company, Don't even try its Lead. Super difficult.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Getting the hang of hammer ons and pull off lesson, mastered slides finally!
Ps: ordered the ps4 version, and it comes with the real tone cable

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Check out "AM used musical Instruments" group on facebook. But then, with all used stuff, take someone who knows about guitars before you buy

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8661/16013820674_12356b0183_b.jpg

Finally, over 90. Seems easy to play now.

Top Bottom