Rocksmith 2014 progress report

Gollum

Collector
*static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/rocksmith2014/rocksmith2014/features-menu-RS2014-hero_image_99822.jpg
Its day 2 and all my fingers are sore.
3 cords are burnt into my mind and i can shift between them. E5, A5 anf F5.
F5 is the hardest to play so far.
i have learnt how to strum, hold a pick, tuning, and shifting.
trying to build my muscle memory and learning how to move my fingers along the frets without straining my hand.

more to come (with photos)

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
you are playing with an actual guitar?

Yes.
Day, 3.
Increased my level on one song.
R.E.M. Losing my religion. One of my favourites
Learnt a few more cords in the song and leveled up using Riff repeater as i was not able to play a few cords in the song.

Also progressed a little further in the mini game for learning chords. Now I can easily play E5, A5 and F5 in any pattern.

Good news is that the pain in my fingers is slowly going away.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Which guitar u r using post pic of ur guitar here plz :)

Its a Yamaha Pacifica
*imageshack.us/a/img43/5032/ngq6.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img716/9227/e1a6.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img405/1916/v3xh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
day 4
8th Nov

Learned chords G5 and C5 and practiced more on E5 C5 anf F5

to in total through mini games I've learned 5 chords and now my fingers have stopped hurting at all. Thanks to the instructional video that showed mw how and where to keep my fingers on the strings for applying the least amount of strength and get the best sound.

I'd say I'm far from perfect but progress is good.

Now actually my leg is hurting because of the weight of the guitar and me bending over the guitar all the time
[IMGG]*us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/photomak/photomak1006/photomak100600111/7275758-sitting-with-crossed-legs-young-woman-playing-electric-guitar.jpg[/IMGG]

Also I'm playing majorly the E-Standard songs which require the strings to be quite tight. This way my fingers can adjust to the pressure and required strength.

Day5
9th Nov

Started practice session in guitarcade, played for half an hour - should be doing llike an hour here but eh..
this time I played non stop play - here the songs keep playing and you can too but the songs play slow and fast based on your skill
Had a bit of an interruption today (weekend) so could not really play for upto an hour.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Oh ok. They look really similar though.

they sure do.

day6 10nov
getting much better now at strumming and picking.
f5 power chord no longer hurts while holding. absolutely no pain in my fingers.
learnt g5 c5 and g chords.
playing the song knocking on heavens door.
im starting to enjoy each new song i pick to learn.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for this thread. I want to learn to play guitar as well and this technique sounds very intriguing.

debarshi

Otaku
Thank you for taking the effort to do this, and reading this I really feel I should buy one copy too. I haven't had this much progress in 2 months with my acoustic as you reported in a few days, so I'm pretty impressed :)

So by any chance, would you know where to find the PC version online (apart from Failkart)

And BTW, are you planning on buying any DLCs for the game?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Thank you for taking the effort to do this, and reading this I really feel I should buy one copy too. I haven't had this much progress in 2 months with my acoustic as you reported in a few days, so I'm pretty impressed :)

So by any chance, would you know where to find the PC version online (apart from Failkart)

And BTW, are you planning on buying any DLCs for the game?

no not really. All the songs might not suit me. I don't have a style of playing yet so first I need to learn.
I overshot my budget by several miles on this. Majorly due to my guitar.
PS3 version costs 5k with cable. You can get the game from Steam but you will have to buy the real tone cable to connect your guitar to your PC.

You can also try to call Game4u 1800 22 4263 or 022 67312522 and ask for special order for PC as they are the importers for this game.
PC version is half the price of the console version.

you can buy the real tone cable from Amazon.com

Or the total package itself
Rocksmith PC with real tone cable

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
can you play the game with a semi-electric acoustic guitar??

yes. all you need is a pickup connected.
But I wont suggest that type of arrangement as then the accoustic guitar's sound will interfere with the sound the game creates through your speakers aka distortion, reverb and so on.

abhidev

Human Spambot
yes. all you need is a pickup connected.
But I wont suggest that type of arrangement as then the accoustic guitar's sound will interfere with the sound the game creates through your speakers aka distortion, reverb and so on.

will you be able to try it out with someone's acoustic guitar if possible? Also the tone cable is must required right?

Top Bottom