Rocksmith 2014 progress report

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
How do you connect the guitar?
Using the pickup jack and the real tone cable?
Aren't they both male jacks?
Forgive my noobiness

They are, you'll need a 1/4th inch female female connector to join them. You'll be able to get one in your local radio/electronics market.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
They are, you'll need a 1/4th inch female female connector to join them. You'll be able to get one in your local radio/electronics market.

but doesnt the breakaway cable feature on the real tone cable do JUST that.?!
but thanks anyways!

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
So I played the PC version today
*i.imgur.com/UNoq3IQ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Ncs5Ucn.jpg
*i.imgur.com/pJTmNpC.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Tk5RPXG.jpg
*i.imgur.com/WhKjepU.jpg
*i.imgur.com/kd97nqi.jpg
*i.imgur.com/67iBgDQ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/eagTRVN.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
but doesnt the breakaway cable feature on the real tone cable do JUST that.?!
but thanks anyways!

Nope, the breakaway part of the cable is a strange L shaped connection. Not sure what that is for
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]: nice stuff, guess only the solos are giving you trouble now.

Will need to restart rocksmith, took a week long break since I sprained a couple of fingers. Still not sure how that happened

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Yeah, my fingers are not strong enough for quick bends and my guitar does not detect bends very well because it does nto have a newck Humbucker

you may be holding the guitar incorrectly.

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Are there any finger strength or speed exercises that we should be doing with the guitar

Plus i read that carpel tunnel is a major problem with guitar players. That and tingling fingers... Both of which have bothered me

- - - Updated - - -

this is where I am currently ... seems that as you learn more the progress slows down

*i.imgur.com/cEFWilX.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Just started muse unnatural selection... Great song. The only problem is even if i let go of the guitar for a week it seems my fingers slow down

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
What is up people .. dont' tell me that all of your guitars are gathering dust these days.

Started after a long time, need suggestions on some good songs to learn barre chords. Also a couple of my friends are trying to buy rocksmith but can't find it online. Any suggestions on where I can get hold of it for the PC

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Been trying out the rhythm mode for sometime now, trying to get my fingers used to chords so I can change them quickly. Was finally able to get the "pwned score attack easy" achievement and get to the third level in return to castle corded

need suggestions on some good songs to practice barre chords and some of the more advanced chords

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Been trying out the rhythm mode for sometime now, trying to get my fingers used to chords so I can change them quickly. Was finally able to get the "pwned score attack easy" achievement and get to the third level in return to castle corded

need suggestions on some good songs to practice barre chords and some of the more advanced chords

Try REM - losing my religion
their songs have good chords

I bought the android app called Tabs that lets you get access to a very huge number of songs.
Now I can practice some songs out of rocksmith. Best part is I get all the songs with lead tabs and also chords.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
*i.imgur.com/ZV8eUve.jpg

will try rem songs

most of the pros seem to use a combination of Guitar pro and ultimate tabs website. I tried to check out a couple of vids of it on youtube, it's quite doable

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
*i.imgur.com/ZV8eve.jpg

will try rem songs

most of the pros seem to use a combination of Guitar pro and ultimate tabs website. I tried to check out a couple of vids of it on youtube, it's quite doable

I also have ultimate guitar pro app on my phone and its great for learning new songs as they have chords and tabs for them and also videos of songs.
I finally got the PC version to stop getting the tone drop bug by using the latest Rocksmith customs toolkit and installing windows 7 on my PC.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I also have ultimate guitar pro app on my phone and its great for learning new songs as they have chords and tabs for them and also videos of songs.
I finally got the PC version to stop getting the tone drop bug by using the latest Rocksmith customs toolkit and installing windows 7 on my PC.
Earlier they had a U.G app with tabs,pro tabs,chords and tools for 7.99.Now they make a seperate app for each..even a seperate tuner app.I bought the tab app thinking it will have pro tabs ,now is useless for me.So thats it ,divide apps earn more money

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Earlier they had a U.G app with tabs,pro tabs,chords and tools for 7.99.Now they make a seperate app for each..even a seperate tuner app.I bought the tab app thinking it will have pro tabs ,now is useless for me.So thats it ,divide apps earn more money

I bought the app for 180 and upgraded it to pro for 600 something.
Its nice, not really good for tuning an electric but good for acoustic.
I can use guitar rig for tuning my guitar.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]
Great going !

Got that score with my new Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Will post photos later.

Poor yamaha could not pickup the notes so well for some reason. I actually improved on a lot of songs that I previously could not go past a certain limit.
Just waiting for my DiMarzio Chopper to arrive. Will bolt it onto my Yamaha to make it awesome!

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I bought the app for 180 and upgraded it to pro for 600 something.
Its nice, not really good for tuning an electric but good for acoustic.
I can use guitar rig for tuning my guitar.
There is no option to upgrade or I am not aware of it.

Top Bottom