Rocksmith 2014 progress report

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I think i'll need to check out this app
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]: awesome stuff on "Breaking the law", I've had some good results with the Epiphone as well. It seems that suddenly all my harmonics, slides and mutes start getting recorded. Rest of the time the game claims that I missed things like this. Looking forward to pics of your guitar as well as of the new equipment that you are buying

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Got that score with my new Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Will post photos later.

Poor yamaha could not pickup the notes so well for some reason. I actually improved on a lot of songs that I previously could not go past a certain limit.
Just waiting for my DiMarzio Chopper to arrive. Will bolt it onto my Yamaha to make it awesome!

That's a sweet guitar. Post pics of it.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I think i'll need to check out this app
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION]: awesome stuff on "Breaking the law", I've had some good results with the Epiphone as well. It seems that suddenly all my harmonics, slides and mutes start getting recorded. Rest of the time the game claims that I missed things like this. Looking forward to pics of your guitar as well as of the new equipment that you are buying

That's a sweet guitar. Post pics of it.

Here it is Epiphone Les Paul Special II (crappy android one camera + Cellophane on some parts of guitar)

It looks much better IRL and I feel like eating it most of the time because of the cherry color
*i.imgur.com/K4ViKal.jpg
*i.imgur.com/BNQHZ7h.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/ZqTJyAa.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Vm0jKuU.jpg

A very helpful exercise and its difficult for beginners like me.
[youtube]9BkaQrMi_mM[/youtube]

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Wow, that is an amazing guitar. My brother ha the same one. It's really fun to play.

What are you buying for your old guitar

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Wow, that is an amazing guitar. My brother ha the same one. It's really fun to play.

What are you buying for your old guitar

DiMarzio The Chopper™
*www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_pickup/dp184bk.jpg
The Chopper | DiMarzio

It will look something link this
*i.ytimg.com/vi/yYiQpiyVg24/maxresdefault.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Found the fix for the tone drop bug.

Use the new APP ID updater tool and make sure your PC has more than 4GB Physical ram
If you have 4GB ram then the game will fail.

I tested this with my vaio notebook that has 6gb ram and HP elitebook which has 8gb ram - the game never crashed

If you do not update the app id with the tool then the game can lose the tone on rare occasions.

Once these two requirements are complete, no matter what you do the game will not encounter any issue.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Hey guys, I also started Rocksmith 2014 just yesterday. My first time ever playing a guitar, and I must say, this way of learning is so much fun :) .
I got a givson Semi-electric guitar from ebay, for 4.6k with a 6.5mm jack to usb Cable from ebay too. I had to use the no cable patch since the official cable is not available anywhere in India. But, I am having a lot of noise issues most of the time, and even when the issues are not there, the guitar music in game does not come out very clear(muffled sound with noise).
So I was thinking of buying the game for my PS4 ( since im about to sell my PS3) and the PS4 version comes with a RealTone cable. Any idea whether it will actually work out fine? Many people on the internet are complaining that there is huge audio latency on the PS4 over HDMI.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any way to determine whether the noise is due my guitar, the inbuilt pickup, the cable or some software bug?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Hey guys, I also started Rocksmith 2014 just yesterday. My first time ever playing a guitar, and I must say, this way of learning is so much fun :) .
I got a givson Semi-electric guitar from ebay, for 4.6k with a 6.5mm jack to usb Cable from ebay too. I had to use the no cable patch since the official cable is not available anywhere in India. But, I am having a lot of noise issues most of the time, and even when the issues are not there, the guitar music in game does not come out very clear(muffled sound with noise).
So I was thinking of buying the game for my PS4 ( since im about to sell my PS3) and the PS4 version comes with a RealTone cable. Any idea whether it will actually work out fine? Many people on the internet are complaining that there is huge audio latency on the PS4 over HDMI.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any way to determine whether the noise is due my guitar, the inbuilt pickup, the cable or some software bug?

Could be both the guitar and the cable. Sorry to be harsh but Givsons are complete trash and will only slow down your progress. It's much better to invest a bit more and get a quality instrument from a good brand like Yamaha, Cort, Epiphone or Squire for 9-10k that you will enjoy playing. Also, a Realtone cable is a must to play this game to cut out the latency and noise.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
[MENTION=129460]anaklusmos[/MENTION]
if you don't have the real tone cable you probably have a pirated copy of the game.
piracy is not supported here.
better get the ps4 version and you can use the cable with your pc.
or better just buy the cable from amazon. com
the cable works on all platforms.

anaklusmos

Youngling
[MENTION=129460]anaklusmos[/MENTION]
if you don't have the real tone cable you probably have a pirated copy of the game.
piracy is not supported here.
better get the ps4 version and you can use the cable with your pc.
or better just buy the cable from amazon. com
the cable works on all platforms.
Hey, I don't support piracy either, I bought the game from humble store a long time ago when it was on sale

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
You can get any copy of the game, the realtone cable is the same for all of them.

Buy Ubisoft Rocksmith Real Tone Cable with cheapest price at Grabmore.in - Online Shopping of Video Games in India.

Amazon.com: Ubisoft Rocksmith Real Tone Cable: Video Games

To check if it's a guitar issue just take it to any music shop and get them to connect it to an Amplifier. You can hear the sound direct from the guitar there. The PS4 version has no latency issue due to the cable, there were some issues in HDMI but i think one of the updates sorted that out.

In other news it seems like I might just get some songs to 100%

*i.imgur.com/BJvEXfHl.jpg

anaklusmos

Youngling
One more thing, I am having a lot of trouble with bends and hammerons. Is that something to do with the guitar being accoustic?
Any tips on where i might clarify what I am doing wrong with them?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
without the cable it's hard to say.
since you're a beginner it might just be you.
it was the same for me in the beginning when it came to bends. hammer ons is more dependent on how strong your guitar pickup is. a powerful humbucker at the neck helps a lot.
can u post a photo of your guitar here?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I agree... It could be that you are unable to play properly. At the start all my chords sounded the same. And strings would buzz and mute.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Don't know about the sound, but looks very cool. The pickup is a single coil (stratocaster i think it's called) should be decent enough.

Top Bottom