redhat certification in bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its study-centre based and u shud opt for a centre listed in the link I gave. Bargain if u have to, but only on the listed centres.

I asked about correspondence course. Isn't there an online course available ? So far ALL linux certificate courses are available online for free from what I have seen till now.

mediator

Technomancer
No idea bt that! "online course" certainly sounds fart to me. Njoyin where u have a proper network set up in place gives much more satisfaction.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ MetalheadGautham

in FSTAb -> /boot & / partition are the main part of booting and if 2 kernel or 3 kernel are there means then the initrd image "boot image" removed means then it ll be so tough to trouble shoot

"u cannot create a image file for which is tend to boot / although the "mkinitrd " will never work so risky at that time

so please get trained frm some one , because some sever section are little bit confusable !!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Hello all
I am also planning for studying for certification I have few questions:
(1) I have a laptop and a PC what hardware do I require for networking between them? And also how should I set the OSes for faciliate the training?
(2) Do I have to specifically install Fedora/CentOS?
(3) Where can I get the study material? Could you refer to some good material? Also where are the model test papers.
(4) I will be free in June+July? Will that be enough for joining a training institute and then giving the examination?
(5) Is it "extreme skill" exam or a type of exam interested candidates with some training, common sense, and practice can clear?

This is the score of pre-assessment test I got:
Code:
Basic Filesystem and File Commands 	Substantial Knowledge 	3
The Linux Filesystem Layout 	Deep Understanding 	4
Permissions and Attributes 	Familiarity 	1
Text Processing Tools 	Familiarity 	1
The vi and vim Editors 	Unfamiliar 	0
System Configuration Tools 	Substantial Knowledge 	3
Standard Input and Output System 	Familiarity 	1
Process Control 	Substantial Knowledge 	3
Client-side Encrypted Communications 	Familiarity 	1
bash Command Line Shortcuts 	Familiarity 	1
Shell Scripting 	Unfamiliar 	0
Task Automation 	Unfamiliar 	0

Conclusion: You will need to undertake substantial studying to acquire skills at this level.

I guess I have to start working for it now...:D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hello all
I am also planning for studying for certification I have few questions:
(1) I have a laptop and a PC what hardware do I require for networking between them? And also how should I set the OSes for faciliate the training?
(2) Do I have to specifically install Fedora/CentOS?
(3) Where can I get the study material? Could you refer to some good material? Also where are the model test papers.
(4) I will be free in June+July? Will that be enough for joining a training institute and then giving the examination?
(5) Is it "extreme skill" exam or a type of exam interested candidates with some training, common sense, and practice can clear?

I guess I have to start working for it now...:D

if u r having Laptop and PC , then it is all settled

catch up the steps
------------------------

1. first of all u have buy the study material from the RED HAT inc - global learning services
  2. the study material include DVD of EL5 SE linux
  3. install the EL5 linux in to laptop with full packages , so it take more time 1.5Hrs
  4. now , copy the dvd iso image in to laptop in to some source path u desire , then in another path copy only the packages in various folder
  5. then assign the IP address for the laptop like 192.168.0.244 like that , then change the host name as server1 or anything
  6. u should have switch or router which should connect to both laptop and PC
  7. then in PC desktop text method installing u should type " linux text askmethod" then select the NFS image not the local CD rom , through NFS image u should try to install
  8. that u ll learn from the study material this is first one
  9. complete this , then i ll help u

DONT forget to buy the study material from RED HAT inc

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
if u r having Laptop and PC , then it is all settled

catch up the steps
------------------------

1. first of all u have buy the study material from the RED HAT inc - global learning services

1. I can order it through the net with a credit card? Also how much does it cost?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I can order it through the net with a credit card? Also how much does it cost?

if u were in mumbai , bangalore , or any where else big town u can get it from the authorized center for learning , u can also learn from there by paying extra amount that includes studying .

if u dont prefer learning there u get study material for some amount

u can search the authorized center from

*www.redhat.in/training/schedule.php

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^
I live in Delhi so that shouldn't be any problem.

I guess I would take the training in June/July.
But can you recommend some study material which I could refer to and which gives me a head start for RHCE? Preferably freely available material.
Or do you recommend any book?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^
I live in Delhi so that shouldn't be any problem.

I guess I would take the training in June/July.
But can you recommend some study material which I could refer to and which gives me a head start for RHCE? Preferably freely available material.
Or do you recommend any book?

u can just go through the basic command in "FEDORA 8/9"

no need of books just use basic command list which u can download with "linux commands"

u should know "which directory contains what - means source of the operation"

ex : /vi/etc/proc ----> which has system files like that many file systems are there u should what

please select good training & authorized training then u can learn from basic s

MAY i KNOW Whats ur age ??

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Why? I'm 18.

In this age u no need to worry abt the RHCE , select the path first

which side u want to be the expert one like

1. networking
  2. system
  3. database
  4. system security
  5. programmer
  6. animator
  7. etc........

if u choosing system & networking - go for CCNA first because the RHCE is the last one for LINUX & RHCSS there are only 12 people in INDIA its very very tough

so RHCE will be ur final one for the attempt

first study the CCNA & MCSE then go for RHCE final , then it will so much easier to complete and get full knowledge on the system as well as networking

see i am system + database administrator so RHCE + OCP "oracle certified professional " DBA my Age is 23 so i have to study lot and hard one

u no need worry everything is just fine start with CCNA + MCSE , all the best u can do fine

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
My favourite is programming however I have great interest in Operating systems particularly *nix based OSes like Linux, that is why I am inclined to RHCE. I feel it would really enhance my knowledge...as well as give the recognisation and would really test my mettle.
I dunno much about CCNA though...

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Operating system development is different , not the RHCE "RHCE" is system administration

open source architect ! is what u want + linux developer , so u should learn shell & perl programming

dude , u have learn more dont bother about it join the college and learn for a year

first of be good in severe c,c++ then java , j2ee , this the basics study the data structures in java & c

u have to gone long road .

u should learn the basics after an year u start with ur own opinion cause in this age u cant do anything without basics , so go ahead !!

Operating system development is different , not the RHCE "RHCE" is system administration

open source architect ! is what u want + linux developer , so u should learn shell & perl programming

dude , u have learn more dont bother about it join the college and learn for a year

first of be good in severe c,c++ then java , j2ee , this the basics study the data structures in java & c

u have to gone long road .

u should learn the basics after an year u start with ur own opinion cause in this age u cant do anything without basics , so go ahead !!

Do you need C, C++, Java, J2EE, Data Structures, etc and python/bash scripting to write RHCE ? :rolleyes:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
no u dont need these ,,, only for developer & programmer for linux ,, u need all these

if u want to a programmer ,, dont go for RHCE

RHCE is system administration

no u dont need these ,,, only for developer & programmer for linux ,, u need all these

if u want to a programmer ,, dont go for RHCE

RHCE is system administration
You didn't get my point.
What I said was, even if you want to be a programmer, there is no harm in learning administration.
Infact, while RHCE may take 1-2 months to learn, becoming a software developer takes a few YEARS.

So administration would be a good backup option till you become a developer.

Even I am learning to become a linux dev, but I am still writing RHCE because I want expertise in USING linux first before helping OTHERS use it.

m@sterchief

Broken In
Even if u want to be only a developer on the the Linux platform a RHCE certification would fully qualify u to Operate, manage & configure a Linux system which is very important.

Well, atleast in Linux RHCE certification is not mandatory because most devs are self taught, but on a personal note, I want to pass this exam just to get the RHCE tag under my name BEFORE I get any degree for bragging rights :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom