redhat certification in bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker

Albicelestes
hi

i want to take redhat certification....

suggest me best training institute in bangalore...

Training institute ? Why don't you study yourself ? The material is freely available online.
Install the latest version of CentOS to start with. *www.centos.org/
Only the exam costs 20K to write.

Red Hat Certified Engineer examination is an exam conducted by Red Hat for linux administrators. Its exam cost is high. Only after you write the exam will you be given official certification.

If you ask me what is CentOS without reading the link, I seriously doubt you have the aptitude for RHCE. ;-)

Anyway, this wikipedia article will help you. *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centos

mediator

Technomancer
^You got it wrong! The tag "RHCE" is just like "IIM/IIT". We can study "ourselves" in the school/colleges too. Why "waste" a lot then in goin to skools and colleges? Let alone the after-skool/college tuitions.

@deepak : check here => *www.redhat.in/training/locations.php

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
wait till tom i ll post my certification number with my certificate

@mediator --> but the exam formalities are severe last time i rebooted on the exam with out knowing of the examiner he sent me out !! thats one hell , but i got an offer on the retake of exam for 2500/- , that i did it today

EXAM FEES for RHCe is --->Rs 12547/-

mediator

Technomancer
Yeah, they've always been severe. I gave RHCE just for phun around august last year. The instructor spoke like Raghu Ram of MTV roadiezz n I behaved like Vishal of splitsvilla. Just kiddin! Neways, Eye movements r forbidden n reboots require instructor's permission AFAIR. I wud only advise all the RHCE applicants to have orangina and tour the loo before the exam. :D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^ but this time i ll bet to get 300/300 in certification ,, i am waiting for the results it ll be arriving @ the mail @ 6-7am ,, sleep is noy coming even for me

ok lets help our Thread starter ,,,,,

@ thread starter :::

try this

*www.redhat.in/training/locations.php

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Ya i got my results , today morning 6.00Am

Eligibility phaseA & phaseB =>50+50= 100%

RHCT - 95%
RHCE - 90%

so total 285/300 ... wow

verify certificate :: *www.redhat.com/training/certification/verify/

no : 805009323337203

Congratulations :D

How hard was it to write the exam ?

Isn't it a one-invigilator with one-examinee type test done on a computer ?

What portions did you have to study ?

Was there a lot of stuff about BASH scripting ?

Any link to the whole syllabus ?

How long did you have to study ? You were a newbie to linux before starting right ?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
offcourse i dint even seen the linux before entering in to RHCE , but the things are very easy in RHCT , but RHCE is full of servers - web servers , samba , squid(proxy) , mail server etc

no there are little bash only just changing root password and some trouble shooting

RHCE is full of servers , so i had downloaded the books from various sites but they never help , should know to handle with "CLIENT Server Architecture"

@ MetalheadGautham

there are lot of formalities by the entrance of the exam the exam fear will be one side but if we do anything to hardware or any hardware stucks the exam will be lost for us only but u can download model papers and u can use it

the books for RHCT is nearly get from many sites but for RHCE u should rely on the server platform rather than reading books

the invigilator is very very strict :: they dont even talk to us ... all they say is "get out , times up "

Whats the difference between RHCT and RHCE ? Do I need to complete one to write the other ?

And was the exam time enough to complete the set of questions ?

What do you mean by troubleshooting in BASH ?

Are most operations graphical ?

Do you mean to say they test application using level skills more than OS-level skills ?

Was there anything about RPM/Yum ?

And do you think the time from June to July is enough for studying for this exam ? I want to get certified before entering collage :D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Ya the yum installer & rpm are used but yesterday my mistake as thet told to use yum , but i used RPM for installing kernel so 5 marks reduced

RHCT- technician level which installing and system maintanence

RHCE - Engineering level which u used be able to deal with server and client -- package of servers

Exam time is 5 & half hours , morethan enough

bash is used when : fstab entries are modified and no rescue cd is need directly entering in to bash we can solve

no graphical is allowed ,, graphics should not be installed - but configuring NTP and cups we graphics that is on the RHCT part , RHCE fully command

no , application skills are needed -- i told u client / server part is full for RHCE

RHCE & RHCT are same both exam @ once includes 5 & 1/2 hrs , but there 2 & 1/2 hrs eligibility that if u pass then u r allowed to write the RHCT or RHCE there r 8 question there 4 goes for RHCT , another 4 goes for RHCE RHCE includes trouble shooting , the compulsary part is first 4 on RHCT if one goes wrong thats all no certificate

one month is enough , if u already worked on like linux servers not desktop , linux destop is varied frm linux servers , so practice with server and client

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
What are the apps you need to learn to use ? Can you give me a list ?
And I hope default install of CentOS 5.2 64-bit DVD has them all ?

Dude the exam is not the Distros ,, it complete of the RED HAT OS EL 5 which will be provided with the course are u should use only the fedora 8 or 9

no applications are needed ,, packages in the cutumization

mediator

Technomancer
What are the apps you need to learn to use ? Can you give me a list ?
And I hope default install of CentOS 5.2 64-bit DVD has them all ?
U shud get a hang of system debugging, networking and permissions coz a mere acquaintance with this knowledge might end u up in giving the exam again. Its like creating a program in one go and pondering over for syntactical and logical errors before executing it i.e u shudn't be practising with the various cases of possiblities and solutions that might sprout up in ur mind if u hit the panick button during the exam. Also, there is a lot to be memorised both in terms of terminology and procedures, after all its an exam! :D

@mediator: yeah I understand.

1. Debugging - I learnt to debug archlinux the hard way. Yesterday night when HAL got uninstalled and something else failed to load as a module. Hopefully I can catch up with CentOS too.

2. OS - damngoodman999 says I need to install Fedora. Wouldn't CentOS 5.2 do ?

3. Terminology and Prodedures - I have had enough of that. Bit unwanted sometimes, but I learnt to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom