ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
PC components fall regularly and early but PS3 price reduction might take time and since Blu-Ray as a media hasn't picked up in the market, I say it will be almost an year and a half b4 we see substantial price reduction in terms of console and games title prices, but if the Pirates get a way to bypass the PS3 soon(highly unlikely), then we may see lower cost games. XBOX 360(modded) is available for as low as 16K in grey market
with game titles for as low as 150 bucks but tread this path at ur own risks (RROD's anyone). :D

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
PC . console games wld be designed to work without a keyboard (i think) which is horrible..

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
@ chesss
Why do you think modern Console have USB slots? Also have you heard of Gentoox?
Google 'em and you shall be answered.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
JUST LIKE IT. FOR FREE. (PM me if u are exciting)

Yeah! He is very "exciting"!

Frankly I am getting tired of all the piracy crap you have been spewing all over the forum. I have almost made up my mind to ban you but I suppose I will just put you in Miserable User list for two days. If I still see you repeating your piracy talk again, I am just going to ban your ass.

This goes for every game pirate out here.

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
PC . console games wld be designed to work without a keyboard (i think) which is horrible..

Check for sniper addon for 360..... and PS3 with already supports KBB and mouse....

So please... (U dont think).... better

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
a console , like i earlier said a ps3..but check the games first-the main thing before getting a console is this..
dont concentrate on that ability to mod / GPU / CPU s**t coz it does not matter at all

both the consoles (PS3,360) have some nice titles..if u r a MGS 4 or uncharted fan then a PS3..otherwise go for 360..

OT- nice work ctrl_alt_del :p

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Check for sniper addon for 360..... and PS3 with already supports KBB and mouse....

So please... (U dont think).... better
@ chesss
Why do you think modern Console have USB slots?

Maybe I didn't explain properly.
yes keyboards can be attached to consoles but a vast majority of users won't , and for them, manufacturers wld have to design games assumiong the absense of a keyboard, which IMHO wld severly restrict game design.

Case in point - usually in a RPG game(aoe) there abt 20 hotkeys that r required. u just can't have that hav functionality in a gamepad(I think)
another- PES4 - mainly a console game, didn't support keyboard so u had to type using a screen keyboard :confused::!::!:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
*www.playfuls.com/news_12379_Amazing_PlayStation_3_commercial.html

If you connect your normal tv to ps3 it will become hdtv

SIXAXIS controller

dont wii all love wii?

think about wii and some PC upgrade ..
i m sure you will love gameplay of wii ..
nitendo roxx
sony roxx
microsoft suxx
pc rulzz

if u r an 3d rtist go for PC ..

9800 GX2 , dreming

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Wii's not Officially available in India and in Grey market its cost is almost equivalent to that of PS3 i.e. 24K so just forget the Wii. I'm saying it again, if you've got HDTV, go for PS3 Period. :cool:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i beg to differ here.
xbox 360 has huge collection of games , better gfx and more vfm.now i know u might wanna state ps3's cpu ,etc but go check gamespot's comparison before making a post like that below. :cool:
PS3 has some exclusive titles for which it is sold..so see if u like those titles first and then choose a console..

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well XBOX 360 has distinct Pros to it which makes it popular among Developers and some Gamers. Things like its easy programmability, cheaper games etc might work for it in its favor but tell me honestly Would you yourself go for XBOX 360 considering the type of service M$ is providing , be it paid online service or after sales support for millions of Kaput RRODed XBOX 360's. In India where due to high prices one wouldn't even think twice about modding his console, would you recommend a person such an unstable gaming platform. :rolleyes:
Just wait for few months and as Blu-Ray picks up and Game Developers too get off their lard arse to take on some real coding challenge you'll clearly see more distinguishable games on the PS3 which will prove it to be a better option for the long run.;)

P.S- Gamespot is M$'s B1TCH :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ modding = piracy = RROD's = owner's fault and not MS's

Modding = a worthless point here since u cant mod a PS3 and its games are most costly.

if its a blu ray drive that u r looking for why not get a Via Nano powered PC and a blu ray writer? it will serve all the non gaming purpose that a PS3 can and will run linux too..

MS provides excellent service for replacement.

yea i own a ps3 too.

I recommend An Xbox 360 and a smaller upgrade to your current computer

Xbox has waaaay better titles(*cough* GTA4 *cough* Halo *cough*) available to it and is much more VFM, for 15k.

20K can go to either a huge monitor, or a small upgrade to your system.

Please post your current system configuration.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
holla,

Get ready to face my god smacking PC configuration

intel pentium 4 - 2.66 Ghz,
intel D 101ggc motherboard,
512MB of ram,
80 GB of hdd,
LG DVD writer
samsung 17" crt monitor,
logitech keyborad and mouse.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^ modding = piracy = RROD's = owner's fault and not MS's
Come again? Modding=RRoD? LOL! Dude If so was the case then MS would have never placed an extension of 3 year warranty for the 360 console for the "ünmodded" ones.:D

MS has admitted it was a hardware failure & also owned it up.Not due to it being modded or not.The fact is so many 360's have bitten the RRoD bug that they had to extend it's warranty to keep the console sales going.Do you even know how much loss MS has incurred due to this issue? And NO they aren't for modded ones but unmodded ones.;)

There is no permanent fix to this problem.Also it hasn't yet been rectified even with the newer Falcon based chips.So don't live in the false hope that modding itself is the cause if RRoD.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ dude a lot of consoles reported to get rrod are modded ones.and i wish this issue never gets sorted.atleast it will keep all the pirates lose their money..exactly how many unmodded ones are rrod? A very few..and ms provides great service in replacing them.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
nish,

what's ment by rrod? please tell me. And don't tell me to google it.

THIS MESSAGE IS TO SAGAR

sagar,

i can spend 3k, for three months. every month i will get a margin of my poket money and i save it on my kiddy bank. I can easily pool 3k for three months. More over, all of the games i have purchased for my ps2 are original. I've purchased more than 50 games.

If buying of games comes to matter don't give it a chance. i will only purchase original games. waathe it might be PC or ps3 please take this matter into considaration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.