ps3 or a cpu for 35000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
with madjeri advice, i asked my dad to give 5k extra and he accepted. And now my total budjet is 40K. whats best for this price.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
with madjeri advice, i asked my dad to give 5k extra and he accepted. And now my total budjet is 40K. whats best for this price.

arre yaar....listen...

1.buy 360...and upgrade pc.... just like i said before..buy 360 if u got modding in mind and dont wanna bloq money on games...but i say dont...ur warranty goes void.....and if luck doesnt favour..... RROD....

2.My opinion is BUY ps3 gta4 bundle...and upgarde ur pc....fully great package..

U dont need HDTV...just hook it to ur monitor..betetr than sdtv...NOT all can afford HD rudick....some can some wont...i am happy with my 24" LCD mon....

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
can i use my fathers viewsonic vg1930 19" monitor as a medium to see hd content from any console :confused::rolleyes:;):D:(. If it is yes please tell me how to. I am going to make a decession with this in mind.

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^....u can connect ur lcd to ps3 using a HDMI to DVI connector.....

U may get upto 720p HD contect...or so...not so sure

for full HD u need nmore than 24"

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
u can use ur 19' monitor to connect to the ps3 and play games on it aswell . . just get the ps3 . .i dont see much point in upgrading ur pc and getting xbox360 . ..and mostly u'll be troubled with the rrod and even though u'll get free replacement , its a pain in the as$..

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
RROD repair free????...seriously where do u come up with this stuff????

every console have a mem card....and HDD could be a necessity....

really?
hwo much does RROD repair cost? u call MS , guy takes the console and
u get a new one for free. and i think they give 1 month gold subscription free with every replacement.not sure abt that in india though.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Your LCD display supports max res of 1440x900 so you can play games if not in Full HD then at least in 720P. So performance of both the consoles will be the same.:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I just got off from playing GTA IV briefly on a 19 inch Viewsonic monitor connected via HD VGA cable from the 360.Well the graphics didn't look heavily extraordinary but there was something missing.My opinion is if you are connecting a console to a monitor then don't let it be less than 24 inch.Trust me the experience on that screen would be something else.I have observed the Dell 24 inch monitor from a close distance & trust me after watching that screen you won't think of going back to anything less than it.It's better than getting a LCD HDTV since the cost is drastically reduced & you have a full HD compliant screen.But the only drawback is if you are going for PC gaming with that monitor then you'll need to have a graphic card powerful enough to pull of it's native resolutions.;)

P

paranj

^^Dude the graphics of GTA 4 are not good in themselves. Play GOW or something and then tell us :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^Dude the graphics of GTA 4 are not good in themselves. Play GOW or something and then tell us :)
Eitherways,IMO a 19 inch won't cut it.The true power lies in Full HD.Hence my take would be console+monitor combo rather than console+HDTV combo.

P

paranj

^^buy a HDTV, atleast u can get to watch TV on a high-def when u are not fragging on ur console :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^That was my point.Sigh people still don't get it that current content isn't upto the mark to be played on HDTV's.TATA Sky looks very fuzzy & pixellated on 32 inch Bravia.Mainly because the resolution it provides is equivalent of an SVCD at the best.Full HD monitor can serve as an excellent way to view those High Def movies in their true glory too.;)

P

paranj

sorry:D u are better off with a 24" monitor.LG 246WP looks and performs well for 26k. go for it!

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
i have to choose form two decisions which are the best.
1) buying a ps3 for 24K and purchasing couple of games and accessories.
2) buying a ps3 for 24k and purchasing a game for it and upgrading my pc for rest of 9k.

what's the best decision of these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.