PS3 buying decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
yup....i also dont think ur pc is now wasy capacble of pulling tht..i got 8600 gt....

well i never tried....:)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Plz make one thing clear to me, when u guys say "Bundle", does it means that the game comes "Free" with console or do I have to pay for it? Coz I asked my sister,who lives in Delhi, to ask around for the bundle offering and everywhere she got the same response "25k for 40GB version, no bundled games and some didn't even had games and those who did were selling every title for 2800 bucks " Kya Locha Lapacha hai yeh:confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Like I have said before,the PS3 40GB GT Prologue bundle comes with a copy of GT 5 Prologue.No other games along with it.Sony never usually gives free copy of games along with it's consoles unless it's a part of a special game package.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My this question is addressed to Naveen_Reloaded. I saw ur PS3 pic in ur PS3 review. As shown in the pic if I'm not wrong u too have a Samsung Bordeaux 32" LCD TV.
What I want to know that playing PS3 on it using HDMI cable, does it requires some special config or settings or just PnP. Coz on You Tube I saw some videos where they showed that non HDCP compliant HDTV flickered i.e. blinked while giving display of PS3 through HDMI cable and its solution was to unplug the cable from the console and then re insert it after 10-20 seconds.

Bumping Up for response....:(

Last edited:
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
All right guys as the time draws near for me to buy PS3 suggest me games which are really worth spending 2.7k on them and have high replayability factor. Right now I've only 3 games in my wishlist :

1. GTA4 (no questions asked)
  2. MGS4 (won't miss it for the world)
  3. DMC4 (bit skeptical about it, ur opinion?)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Unchartered Drakes Fortune.Hands down the best looking adventure game currently available on the PS3.Once you get your PS3 try downloading the demos from PSN(for free) & try them out yourself to decide on one.;)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well that too leads to another question. How to connect PS3 to the Internet? I've a BSNL HOME 1350 UL(512Kbps) connection,UT300R2U Modem.:confused:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
If you have ethernet direct connection...its very easy...like in Airtel...
If its in usb, it tough or say its not possible...since it does recognise your hardware and moreover i think it does accept the connection...only solution is get a wifi router...

As for the games gt 5 prologue is best looking....game...splendid graphics...
But its worth only if you have a good lcd tv... I have the game...
Regarding replayability...thats a let down...ar it can be tiring but if you want to race like in a real car this game is what you need...
Another thing is this game is 1.7k only...

Last edited:
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I've Ethernet based connection that is I use the RJ-45 ports for connecting the modem to my system. Do you know how to connect PS3 to the Internet or should I go for more dedicated approach?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok does ur pc automatically recognizes the connection ????

coz my airtel Ethernet based connection automatically detects everything...

if thats the case.. then u have no problem with ps3.. just connect it and voila.. u r online...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
WTF? This ain't no show off contest! Get off this thread To$$er!
@ Naveen I have to make a connection using Network connection in XP, its not like just switch on the modem and start surfing(I'm working on that part).
Also in my PS2 gaming days I used to play it for 8 hours straight and max. record time is 14 hours. Can PS3 bear such torture? ;)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
WTF? This ain't no show off contest! Get off this thread To$$er!
@ Naveen I have to make a connection using Network connection in XP, its not like just switch on the modem and start surfing(I'm working on that part).
Also in my PS2 gaming days I used to play it for 8 hours straight and max. record time is 14 hours. Can PS3 bear such torture? ;)

i am not sure wht it is but if its similar to airtel in the way it connects .. then its a easy walk through or elsse there is always a option of getting a wifi router.. i think its the best solution as u can connect ur lappy if u have onbe and ps3 and also pc...

and for ur second question... i think ps3 runs very nifty for long hours.. absolutely no sound at all.. iahve used it ... or say i used it full night to donwload stuff from PSN... and play them in the morning without any break.. i think ps3 can handle long hours.. sony would have designed it for long hour play...

will give link regarding this when i find it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom