PS3 buying decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
After My 6th Sem exams, I'll be buying PS3.:D
I've got 36K ready for it(Extra cash for GTA4 and MGS4) and already have an LCD TV(res upto 1080i).Now I'm confused which one to buy, 40GB version or 60GB version.40GB doesn't supports PS2 games and doesn't has WiFi, but then again I do have a PS2 and don't need WiFi as gonna play in my home only.60GB has just slightly more memory, but has WiFi.It supports PS2 games too. Tell me that if I go for 40GB version, will I be missing something? coz I thought that if I go for 40 gig one,with almost 11K spare I can easily upgrade my GPU from 7600GT to 9600GT. I'm confused regarding the 2 models so tell me for which one should I go?:confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you have the PS2 then why go for the 60GB one for backward compatibility.Even if you do get the 60GIG model,per se,you'll need legit PS2 titles to be played on it.;)

You can always a higher capacity HDD to your 40GB model if you feel the space is going less.Wi-fi would be mainly used if you have a Wi-Fi router for internet access on your PS3.My friend just got a 40GB GT prologue bundle & seemed like a very good deal.If you already have an HDTV,better get the 40GB model & get an HDMI cable & some games.If you have 11k spare then it could easily fetch you a 9600GT.Add 1.5k more & you could get a MSI 8800GT OC too.:D

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I do have a PS2 and when I bought my LCD TV, I got a DVD upscaling capable DVD player free with it and it had HDMI cable bundled with it.:D
BTW, what cable for AV purposes comes with PS3?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Normal RCA Video Cable(Red , White , Yellow) . And as far as i know , PS3 doesn't bundle Component Cables in the default package .

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I do have a PS2 and when I bought my LCD TV, I got a DVD upscaling capable DVD player free with it and it had HDMI cable bundled with it.:D
BTW, what cable for AV purposes comes with PS3?
If I am not mistaken is it one of the Samsung model? I remember distinctly it was promoted as a high definition player.;)

Anyway as a default,Sony only bundles the standard composite AV cables with the PS3.The graphic won't look so bad but trust me you'll have to get yourself the HDMI cable to unleash it's true potential.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If I am not mistaken is it one of the Samsung model? I remember distinctly it was promoted as a high definition player.;)
Yep I bought that 26inch LCD TV and the player for 40k Back in March 2007.
Now since its settled that 40GB one is the thing, now where should I buy it from? I can get it either from Delhi or Chandigarh. At both places, in Delhi at Nehru Place and in Chandigarh the authorized showroom, both places prices were same but they were not offering any bundled titles, just the console.
Also what's the ongoing price of a Blu-Ray title? Any chances of price cut in both, game and titles coz I know prices will go down in the winter holiday season in America and Europe and change might come here too;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No idea in Delhi.In Mumbai it retails at most major consumer electronics retail outlets.Here we get it at TATA Croma,most of the major malls,Planet M etc.You need to have a check in Delhi.You can get the 40GB GT Prologue bundle.I believe you get a GT 5 Prologue demo game bundled with it.

The game titles cost Rs.2,700 each.Pretty high,huh? ;)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well till the Blu Ray prices come down, we have to get choosy about which game to buy which not:( Anyways the guy in Chandigarh from which I used to buy PS2 titles told me that XBOX360 has been cracked and now its titles are available for as low as 150 bucks. 2 days ago I saw "Army of Two" torrents for PS3. Has it also been cracked or just got an ISO loader. No info was given about how to use the torrent , I mean you can't burn a 6GB game on DVD, not on standard ones and the DL ones aren't easily available.:mad:
Anyways this time I'll try to stick to the "Original" stuff for as long as possible:D. Also I saw a Milestone Interactive Ad that mentioned PS3 titles starting from 1.500/- I bet those are the Old ones, Motostrom, Resistance etc.:cool:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Blu Ray titles are over priced at this point IMO.For an average user like me it would like purchasing one title per month.But if you have gaming friends with the same console then you can trade titles amongst each other.Sharing seems to be a best option right now,unless you can afford a lot of titles.The Xbox 360 can be modded but given it's RRoD issues don't even think of going the modded way.You'll land up in a big soup later on.The PS3 has not been hacked in anyway.Which is one thing I can assure you of for the time being.And let's face it,even if it was,who in the world would spend the whole time downloading a 25GB file over the internet & spend more on blank Blu-Ray media.Forget spending on the media but getting the optical drive alone for 16k would be a huge hit.

So modding way is not realistic as of now of for a long time to come.Try to go the original way & be very picky with the titles.As of now PS3 has a small amount of noteworthy titles.So you won't have much problems picking them up.Also you could try the demo's which are on PSN before you pick your next title.The PSN download for demo content again is a free service.:D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@rudi....

if u want ps3 and got ps2 already then by all means 40GB...ther are GT%p bundle and GTA4 bundle...and in june MGS4 bundle with DS3 is coming all around 25k or less..so ther...

and if u ant 360 go for it..its good VFM...if u want to get it modded do....coz...anyways it will RROD unleass u are tht 1 in 3.....i gt frnd wo bought console when releaed and modded after a year and never even RROD once....exceptions are ther....it doesnt care if modded or not..if RROD occurs it will...now RROD can be cured ourselves...for a cots or 3~5k....and ur patience and time....coz the x-clamp have to be imported..its not tht hard to fix too...or u could always buy a second hand console....u get for 4`5k..its upto you...

and u thinking whats the point...well none anyways..either u pay for orginals..and get rrod and then keep replacing..mind u..ppll got upto 3 RROD..LOL at MS....

OR u could mod it play all games u want and if RROD ...fix it..or throw it away..or anything at all...the price come to same all....

dont worry if it will RROD or ur ps3 may get SOD...just play with no wrries dude...

and anyways....ps3 now got great and lot of titles..so p3 is definitely the way to go and free MP...so screw live anf PLA B3YOND..hehehe...

and hacking ps3 will take upto 1`1.5 years..coz lots a factors like media cost..machine cost...have to come down...bandwidth debatable....doesnt matter if importing from malaysia or singapore or HK...whatever....

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
First of all lemme make it clear, I'm a SONY fanboy. Even if Blu-Ray had lost format war(Highly Unlikely:D) I would have still gone with PS3, **** M$.:cool:
Anyways What is RROD?
Also check this link and u'll know about what torrent **** I'm talking about.
*www.mininova.org/tor/1343487

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
well then...the answer to ur qury is simple....

1..if u gt ps2 then 40 gb..chk out the SKUs available....gt5,gta4,or mgs4 in june
2. nothing here..it will be OOR 80gb my pick..but i wont actually...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Now the remaining question for me is Where?
As already told, viable options for me is either Delhi or Chandigarh. Also mentioned by me earlier that there I checked with a couple of shops and none of them gave any bundled stuff, u guys are talking about so who is giving them?:(
One question more, for my PC fragging pleasure I had earlier bought XBOX 360's wired controller. Will it be compatible with PS3, coz I hearf that almost everything with USB is compatible with PS3. Is it true?Can I use that XBOX's controller as second controller for PS3?:confused:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
1.u can buy from any sony world...or croma..or planet m....
2.the bundles are not just game + console like 360....the entire cover is of the respective game...
a.GT5 prologue bundle is for sure available...gta4 bundle is not released yet

3.no u cant use 360's controller in ps3....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Will it be compatible with PS3, coz I hearf that almost everything with USB is compatible with PS3. Is it true?Can I use that XBOX's controller as second controller for PS3?:confused:
Of course NOT.Why would a Sony console accept a Xbox controller? ;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off,don't post direct links to these websites.You might face a ban.Next off,did you look at the size of that torrent? 4.81GB.That's it.It's an obvious fake copy.No comments no nothing.Heck even an Xbox 360 version has higher size than this one.;)

Don't fall for all of this & get the 40GB version.The titles price would be reduced over the period of time eventually.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom