Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

umangkedia

Broken In
My view:
Total disappointment ! Wasted my Rs 250!

I bought Digit after a long gap and I find it totally unprofessional magazine. As a techy guy, when I buy DIGIT, I expect it to have tons of useful techy stuff in it. Instead I find that it has lost its charm, contents and usefulness and filled with ads and other stuffs. I am not fond of this so called CTC, I'd buy a puzzle mag for these stuff. Keep the main thing the main thing... Techy stuff - more of how it works, comparisons, whatz inside, trouble shooting,... - computer stuff.

1) DVD contents are CRAP. (except for Linux distros and maybe 3D studio max - not sure it is trial or full ver, can somebody clarify it?)
Software:
Claims :
"free software worth 10,000" and next to this image, they show 3dstudio max and maya 2011. Misleading.
Not sure what Digit is claiming 10k for, but Maya 2011 and CS5 are 30 day trial versions.
Digit, Can somebody list the split up for 10K ?

Movies: Crappy 4 movies. short (some are black and white) movies/animated movies. Total waste. No big deal, I dont care about the movies, but boasting of it should've avoided.

Music: This one is worth a try. This is the only thing I enjoyed in the DVDs... checking out new songs..

Cardboard game: I like this: A good pad for my laptop, wards the heat.. I've been looking for a cardboard for a while now :)

Assured prize: Unfair play here. It is a code (sticker on the back of fasttrack DIY booklet) which one should either SMS or enter in an online form. "Results will be mailed in 24 hrs !) Why manual? Why not automate ? Should've been a scratch card with prize printed. Now we have absolutely no idea how this is going to be done; total control @ Digit admins and I am sure everybody is going to get the so called "digit voucher" for rs 150. I have no idea what this voucher is, nor do they have any details for it. I suppose ppl will have to buy Digit magazine online with that voucher and some additional money??

Seeds: Liked this concept, but doubt the practicality of this. I wonder how many have really sprouted it and put it in a proper place for final growth into a tree. Good move, nevertheless.

Games: Have not tried them, can somebody please give an update on this ? Is it really worth trying these games ?

Magazine: More of an advertisement booklet ! Almost every odd numbered page is an ad. (right side). Really, guys, check it out.....
I'd like to describe Digit as an interesting gadget catalog with a few articles here are there.

If I knew about this, I'd have defenitely stayed away from buying this. I have a fast broadband connection (I hope most of the folks here have too), so most of the stuff on DVDs are just redundant...magazine not good as it used to be a few years back. I think time for Digit to wake up and go back to the "roots".

I have to congratulate the marketing department though. Nicely presented package and misleaded (about assured gift and 10K worth software) to tempt ppl to buy. Not good in long run though.

Probably the last time I am buying Digit... even if I am tempted next time, will buy only after a feedback check here, in the forums.

-These are my opinion, which I really felt expressing. I am not here to flame/for a war or a debate.. I just created this account to put this message across.
*Definitely not worth 250 bucks.
*Misleading info on the mag package.

Thanks, Yoman I was also disappointed with the price but I thought lets give it a try but ur post has stopped me again and i don't think I am going to buy it.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
hey guys.. can some one post the hdtv review. mayb only highlights.

i m in thailand till 13th. may be i will buy something as i will not get to c my issue b4 returning to india.

thanks all.. issue looks hot. cant wait.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
My God 250 rs for this anniversary issue.

Is this a Birth anniversary issue or What?

are Digit Gone mad or what?

Am I asking for a Business tycoon's magazine or what?

Really this special issue is special for them, as they will get Lots and Lots Of Money by this Issue.

These Days the digit is acting like to Earn as much money as they can by there Issue

There marketting stategies to sales are In Spree , without taking any consideration in market, They just want to Suck as much money they want

But sorry, I am Unable to Buy this Magazine, I could not contribute this money for such a Magazine.

Sorry dude Ur marketing strategy is not good and going to Fail !!!!

Hi , i like "sita sings the blues " movie but make sure not to show that to any of the hindu sangathans in india ,they will never tolerate this.rest of magazine is worth money.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
I am deeply disappointed with the smartphone review round-up. Deeply Deeply.

A shitty and buggy phone called E72 is given Best Buy (Gold) award for Business Phones above Rs.20k. And Nokia N97 Mini got best buy (gold) award for high end multimedia phones (over motorola milestone, SE Xperia X10, iphone, SE Satio).

ARE YOU NUTS???

Really Digit has totally gone commercial.

Ads ads, lots of ads in magazine this days....

Whole world Knows that This Nokia N97 is The buggiest phone ever made in whole world.

IF u think i m wrong, Google as" Nokia N97 mini: do not buy this phone."

The Battery is absolutely rubbish.

Even Nokia has accepted of his buggiest phone and trying to remove bug in firmware upgrages

Links
_http://blogs.nokia.com/nseries/2010/04/23/nokia-n97-mini-trunk/
_http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-N97-Mini-v10-0-020-Bugs-Errors-Please-Post-Them-Here/td-p/596775

More:
_http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/30691/orange-dumps-nokia-n97-mini

It is the Hopeless phone and they given to be Best?

Please Digit at least do The Review unbaisly...

P.S.
before buying any phone please Google about there worst part(problems) of that phone and Then after Getting known its Problem (of phone) and taking note that this Disadv of the phone will not affect my work then only buy that phone.

Happy Shopping....

figjam00

Broken In
Thanks, Yoman I was also disappointed with the price but I thought lets give it a try but ur post has stopped me again and i don't think I am going to buy it.

I also brought this today and I am pretty disappointed. One thing was sure that this mag was not worth 250 bucks at all. This issue looks more like a marketing gimmick than anything else. sad to say that but its true

ravi.tejarockon

Right off the assembly line
i got this book very lately on 5th june,it's very bad make it fast guys..

next coming to mag it good
in MINDWARE DVD the REWIND,FINANCIAL CRISIS videos are with very very very very poor video & audio quality mostly worst videos in my DIGIT life.:-x

documents is good try to delivery the mags fast please.....

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

ur right let's eat that seeds

onlyabhi

Blue Knight
thats so bad.. I called DIGIT today.. my copy would be dispatched tomorrow..

those who ordered their copy online just a few days back have got it & we (subscribers) who have ordered it months ago have not got it yet.. this is so partial..

I was appreciating DELL today for their good service & at the same day, I am so disappointed from your service.. :-x

vndprkh.09

Broken In
even i didn't got mag..yet.
i usually rec. it by 6 th latest however after being an subscriber didn't get it till now..:-x any clues from u guys?:?:

i live in raigarh,chattisgarh:shock:

gopal_eagle

I got my copy today...:neutral:

And i must say that the DIY Fast Track is awesome .....:-D

Overall a good edition @ 250

And one question - is digit intentionally delaying the news-stand's availability of the MAG to bring more subscriber (Marketing trick)????????

But as they don't have courier service @ distance places they send it through regular mail, Which takes more then 15 days to reach at my place.So even if i want to subscribe i can't........So they can never turn everybody to subscriber...

Nevertheless kudos for bringing another quality edition:grin:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Finally I have a message from Digit, saying that I have won an e-learning course worth Rs.890/-. My friend too got the same message for the copy I had bought for him. It seems that everyone is getting the same thing and would be directed to this page. But as expected, its allowing me to enter the email and code but its not allowing me to check the course name to submit. So people, don't too much, you might also end up getting the same stuff, don't know how useful it would be for you.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Finally I have a message from Digit, saying that I have won an e-learning course worth Rs.890/-. My friend too got the same message for the copy I had bought for him. It seems that everyone is getting the same thing and would be directed to this page. But as expected, its allowing me to enter the email and code but its not allowing me to check the course name to submit. So people, don't too much, you might also end up getting the same stuff, don't know how useful it would be for you.

Got the same sms.. There goes my 250rs :(

rajivnedungadi

In the zone

Finally I used IE and it worked, it did not work with Mozilla Firefox, thats strange.

anyways congrats - and they are online classes I think,

thanks, yes, its some online course, don't worry, we would be in the same batch :p

So, if many people are getting the same course as a gift, this means that the gift is sponsored by training.com

essguna

hai, Today i bought digit from Newsstand. Playware and community dvd's are damaged and not working . but Mindware dvd is working good. What can i do now?

DigitCritic

Broken In
Don't know about mag contents as I've not got it yet but those old movies can give you great entertainment ( old gems - IMO ) and loads of free softwares and dev tools are worth trying for sure :p

looks like you are a blind admirer of digit ! tell me who thinks of old movies especially black and white when he decides to buy a tech magazine ?? how many dude ?:shock:

Once in a while you deliver some movies which are rare to find in the market which are REALLY old gems... its ok... but the frequency here seems to be just too much... it is like filling up the dvd space and charging money !

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

My view:
Total disappointment ! Wasted my Rs 250!

I bought Digit after a long gap and I find it totally unprofessional magazine. As a techy guy, when I buy DIGIT, I expect it to have tons of useful techy stuff in it. Instead I find that it has lost its charm, contents and usefulness and filled with ads and other stuffs. I am not fond of this so called CTC, I'd buy a puzzle mag for these stuff. Keep the main thing the main thing... Techy stuff - more of how it works, comparisons, whatz inside, trouble shooting,... - computer stuff.

1) DVD contents are CRAP. (except for Linux distros and maybe 3D studio max - not sure it is trial or full ver, can somebody clarify it?)
Software:
Claims :
"free software worth 10,000" and next to this image, they show 3dstudio max and maya 2011. Misleading.
Not sure what Digit is claiming 10k for, but Maya 2011 and CS5 are 30 day trial versions.
Digit, Can somebody list the split up for 10K ?

Movies: Crappy 4 movies. short (some are black and white) movies/animated movies. Total waste. No big deal, I dont care about the movies, but boasting of it should've avoided.

Music: This one is worth a try. This is the only thing I enjoyed in the DVDs... checking out new songs..

Cardboard game: I like this: A good pad for my laptop, wards the heat.. I've been looking for a cardboard for a while now :)

Assured prize: Unfair play here. It is a code (sticker on the back of fasttrack DIY booklet) which one should either SMS or enter in an online form. "Results will be mailed in 24 hrs !) Why manual? Why not automate ? Should've been a scratch card with prize printed. Now we have absolutely no idea how this is going to be done; total control @ Digit admins and I am sure everybody is going to get the so called "digit voucher" for rs 150. I have no idea what this voucher is, nor do they have any details for it. I suppose ppl will have to buy Digit magazine online with that voucher and some additional money??

Seeds: Liked this concept, but doubt the practicality of this. I wonder how many have really sprouted it and put it in a proper place for final growth into a tree. Good move, nevertheless.

Games: Have not tried them, can somebody please give an update on this ? Is it really worth trying these games ?

Magazine: More of an advertisement booklet ! Almost every odd numbered page is an ad. (right side). Really, guys, check it out.....
I'd like to describe Digit as an interesting gadget catalog with a few articles here are there.

If I knew about this, I'd have defenitely stayed away from buying this. I have a fast broadband connection (I hope most of the folks here have too), so most of the stuff on DVDs are just redundant...magazine not good as it used to be a few years back. I think time for Digit to wake up and go back to the "roots".

I have to congratulate the marketing department though. Nicely presented package and misleaded (about assured gift and 10K worth software) to tempt ppl to buy. Not good in long run though.

Probably the last time I am buying Digit... even if I am tempted next time, will buy only after a feedback check here, in the forums.

-These are my opinion, which I really felt expressing. I am not here to flame/for a war or a debate.. I just created this account to put this message across.
*Definitely not worth 250 bucks.
*Misleading info on the mag package.

Here you are right ! bang on target. but , pal .. to be honest... I am not so against digit advertising gadgets or issues revolving about gadgets... if you objectively see this magazine then you might see it differently.

See for serious tech stuff there are other magazines.. but Digit is the only magazine which has plenty of information about gadgets in the market.... I mean what are latest gadgets, around how much they cost and what they do...

DIGIT is good at it without a doubt and it seems this strategically benefits them alot. When I buy Digit ... I buy it as an interesting catalog with some articles.. sometimes they are interesting sometimes not.... personally for reading hardcore tech I prefer some other magazines, online journals or websites..

I definitely do not think that if Digit gets hardcore tech the way we techies expect our tech magazines to be then digit will loose alot of casual or non-tech readers, household people,teenagers etc... who have different priorities.. moreover it will impact heavily their revenue system... which is a big thing..

The point I am making is that to have right expectations... Digit is not a PURE tech magazine... and this is no where a bad thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom