Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
guys !! I just tried to filly the 9 digit unique code online but got following message

The code filled by you for registering into Digit Anniversary Lucky is invalid. Please recheck your 9-character code and fill the details again on www.thinkdigit.com/getlucky

Tried sending SMS too.. but got above message again.. any help !!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I too love classic old b/w movies .. but the ones in the DVD are nowhere near.

Why ?? are there any probs with quality I mean low bitrate etc.

Let me check out.

Dont Worry Guys ! This is not going to continue for long... if it does DIGIT will definitely loose market share to other magazines... especially like chip or computer active...
Digit has become one of the most expensive computer & IT magazine over last 2 years.. if they continue... I am afraid alot of youngsters especially college and school students and even some young working guys will stop buying it... moreover they may loose other household readers who are interested in gadgets and buy it from time to time.

This is just another strategy to get more subscribers... Moreover there is nothing to complain about.
If you want to buy cheap , buy in bulk or in case of magazine subscribe.This is fair and square.
In this case Digit is also giving you an option to buy magazine from its website... without subscribing for year or more which is good. You are not bound to anything... just like newstand buyer.

As long as the magazine does not discriminate its readers in respect to giving,sharing information and knowledge... it is valid. This is pure marketing strategy guys... what are we expecting digit to be ??? A non-profit organization ???? Should we expect that ? Hell No !
so let us keep our perspective right and priorities right.If you think it is expensive to buy from newstand it is your call to buy or not, you can buy from digit directly or subscirbe.
If you wish to subscribe then along subscription comes some constraints. Again choice is yours.

We as readers have the right to say about the content and policies of digitas far as information,knowledge and intellectual stuff is concerned... but pricing and all , well that is not our right to decide... it is upto the management of digit to take a call.

looks like you are a blind admirer of digit ! tell me who thinks of old movies especially black and white when he decides to buy a tech magazine ?? how many dude ?:shock:

Once in a while you deliver some movies which are rare to find in the market which are REALLY old gems... its ok... but the frequency here seems to be just too much... it is like filling up the dvd space and charging money !

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

I'd like to describe Digit as an interesting gadget catalog with a few articles here are there.

Here you are right ! bang on target. but , pal .. to be honest... I am not so against digit advertising gadgets or issues revolving about gadgets... if you objectively see this magazine then you might see it differently.

See for serious tech stuff there are other magazines.. but Digit is the only magazine which has plenty of information about gadgets in the market.... I mean what are latest gadgets, around how much they cost and what they do...

DIGIT is good at it without a doubt and it seems this strategically benefits them alot. When I buy Digit ... I buy it as an interesting catalog with some articles.. sometimes they are interesting sometimes not.... personally for reading hardcore tech I prefer some other magazines, online journals or websites..

I definitely do not think that if Digit gets hardcore tech the way we techies expect our tech magazines to be then digit will loose alot of casual or non-tech readers, household people,teenagers etc... who have different priorities.. moreover it will impact heavily their revenue system... which is a big thing..

The point I am making is that to have right expectations... Digit is not a PURE tech magazine... and this is no where a bad thing...

I'm not a blind admirer or hater of any mag - I've only admired those old movies only. Looks like now you are now more interested in criticizing me.

As you have said above I count this mag as a tech entertainer as well.

Now tell me a thing how many people wish to get HD trailers each month in the DVDs - their are plenty of sites to look for those trailers. I've not seen you saying a single word against that - so may I count you as a blind admirer of digit who only wants those latest movie trailers ?

Even those trailers are for fill up the space. Now if the space can be filled with those full version old movies instead HD trailers then I personally think the DVD contains more quality contents.

Everybody has different tastes some like HD trailers - some wants game trailers - some want softwares ( free ) and others wants linux and some like to have commercial apps ( trails ) and I really like to have some full movies with loads of free softwares and some really great commercial apps and linux distros.

If you can take a look at what I've suggested for june issue then you can only know that I've not only demanded for rare movies but I tried to cover every possible things that I think has good quality.

Every mag has got it's own business strategy and as a news stand buyer I can decide which mag I should buy.

Digit guys wants to address a broad customer segment - so they included different contents. The By Demand Thread was open to all for make demands - so that I've demanded for the stuffs I prefer - now it's their call which one to include or exclude to fill the DVD space and the customer will decide if he wants to buy - Right ?

BTW, got ( bought ) my copy on yesterday night around 9 pm - will try the projects on DIY FT and sow the seeds :p

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
Even i got 890/- course from training.com.
Really even i think training.com seems to be the only sponsors.
Not at all worth Rs.250
I think 150 would have been perfect (even without the "promised gift" to everyone ,lol)
I think except the DIY fastrack and seeds nothing is worth a penny.
Mobile reviews and best buy labelling just HORRIBLE!!!
How on the earth N97 win Best buy choice in front of Milestone!!!
They are crazy,mad,nuts any more adjectives please!

gopal_eagle

Right off the assembly line
hiiiiii
me also got the same sms ....:-x

(Congratulations! You have won a course worth Rs.890 from training.com)

Anybody who got anything else..........

arun_117

Right off the assembly line
My first Post to Digit:

This 9th anniversary issue was a much hyped issue... n to be true, I have been as anxious abt this issue as I was 10 years ago when I got my first issue of "CHIP" (Digit wasnt even born then).

Then I happen to read the posts here abt this issue.... n I wasnt happy to see all these negative responses, but I didnt mind that either.

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

I AM FURIOUS COZ I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY COPY OF DIGIT (AS ON 8th ) AND I AM A SUBSCRIBER.

PPL GOT IT FROM NEWS STANDS ON 5th.

WHERE'S MY COPY????????

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

DigitCritic

Broken In
* Warning - Steer clear of personal responses. You're making a habit of it. In Fight club - acceptable, here, stick to the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTw, here's some feedback from me :

Really liked the movies - the quality - thanks for including those in special issue. ( I mean bitrate etc. is OK )

The videos in Rewind : History of Technology should have been in more good quality - I mean only 64kb bitrate for most the clips is not that great.

Liked the community and playware DVD a lot - the loads contents of these will really keep me busy for some upcoming months for sure

The editorial is good as always

The FT on DIY ( the projects could have a little more detailed though ) and Ethical Hacking made my elder bro really happy ( me too ) as these contains a handy amount of useful projects and infos - though I liked the second one most :p

The mini Skoar booklet is just great - enjoyed it a lot and the April mini booklet is included as .pdf format which is also good

My elder bro planted those seeds :p

Overall it has a mixed bag of good contents.

So as far as the contents ( DVDs/FT/mini skoar booklet ) concerned I really liked this issue ( it's better than the previous year anniversary issue ) - and it's worth buying it.

entered the lucky code in web form on yesterday morning but have not got any reply :?: ( but I don't want to win a training course either :p )

Will go through the the mag contents starting from today .........

Last edited by a moderator:

saratdear

Broken In
I bought it yesterday...I think it is a great issue, but I thought the price of Rs.250 was a bit high. Magazine side is great, fastTrack is good, and including the seeds was an excellent idea. But the DVD has let me down. It promises of Maya and 3ds max 2011, but both setup files are not working.

What I would like to know is is it my problem alone? Does Maya and 3dsmax install correctly for others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom