Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
As per Digit, they would inform about what gift we are getting within 24 hours after we enter the code on the website, its more than 24 hours and I have not received any email.

Neither have I received any e-mail so far.. And to my bad luck won't be participating in the CTC 2..

toofan

Technomancer
Warning: Please don't throw away your board you receive as a base with digit. I will help you in solving the CTC II.

Magazine: pages from 76 to 116 are dedicated to the real aim of digit that is "Guiding peoples to buy Products." And they terrible want to increase the sales of HDTVs (yes not monitors but HDTVs.) in India.

Total of 65 pages are dedicated to the magazine content. Editorial is nice as Raboo's simple English makes it reading and easy to understand also.
Topics included are very interesting.(I had gone through the heading only yet But will comments on them also.)

News section full of new information.

Mobile watch: i never like this. its not my taste.

Digital life:Some amazing and good looking gadgets.

Digit Idol: some of our crack/over mad lovers of digit are showcased.

Digital Life: The digit tree project. This is very informative/motivator and after editorial i had read this only till now. I don't know what agent007 was thinking in shade of the tree there. Surely He might be crying on his stupidity (of running behind the gadgets and leaving the mother nature to suffer).

Rest later.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Love the issue.
Grr stupid newspaper waala gave it to me today. :(
I have only one day to get ready for CTC II

Damn...

yep starts tomorrow, anyways not for my rusted mind:lol::banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

on community dvd it says free game NTE:Strike and Retrieve- its not on the dvd:?: where is it:?:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Can anyone tell me what the last regular feature in the digit magazine is/was??
I am stuck with this. :\

Is it Digit 101??

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
This ain't fair.

The online leg of CTC II should have started from 10th or 12th atleast. :\
Half the people have not even received their issues. :\
A news paper guy told me he will get digit on 7th.Luckily I spotted a stray guy selling digit.
xDD
Still stuck at a place though. :\
Anyone?? What was/is the last regular feature of the Digit mag(It must have a number in its title.)??

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Yep
i'm a subscriber and still havn't received my mag whereas i usually receive it by third
seems digit has goofed up mag delivery in Delhi

umangkedia

Broken In
This ain't fair.

The online leg of CTC II should have started from 10th or 12th atleast. :\
Half the people have not even received their issues. :\
A news paper guy told me he will get digit on 7th.Luckily I spotted a stray guy selling digit.
xDD
Still stuck at a place though. :\
Anyone?? What was/is the last regular feature of the Digit mag(It must have a number in its title.)??

Hmm.....I don't think i am gonna buy this issue due to its unjudged price.
But te regular feature is Digit 101 and the no. i think u want is 101.
All the best dude

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am deeply disappointed with the smartphone review round-up. Deeply Deeply.

A shitty and buggy phone called E72 is given Best Buy (Gold) award for Business Phones above Rs.20k. And Nokia N97 Mini got best buy (gold) award for high end multimedia phones (over motorola milestone, SE Xperia X10, iphone, SE Satio).

ARE YOU NUTS???

DigitCritic

Broken In
Now this is another reason why I do not subscribe the magazine...

If the news agency distributors inspite of having SUCH A STRONG NETWORK can not deliver magazine within first week of the month... then I can only imagine how much wait the subscribers might have to do ... if they do not live in well connected or major cities !

Digit planned to make one of the most expensive issues in its HISTORY and they can not even deliver it within time ?

If you do not even care or bother about readers getting your ANNIVERSARY ISSUE ( inspite of being MOST EXPENSIVE ) issue in time then why even bother to make such issues or carry on contests on them with time frames !

why you guys keep upseting readers ? :-?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
One thing I can say is that though, the issue came late,the content is worth the wait. I didn't like the mobile phone review round up but most part of the content is really really good and makes the magazine a worthy buy, even at 250 bucks.

yoman

Right off the assembly line
My view:
Total disappointment ! Wasted my Rs 250!

I bought Digit after a long gap and I find it totally unprofessional magazine. As a techy guy, when I buy DIGIT, I expect it to have tons of useful techy stuff in it. Instead I find that it has lost its charm, contents and usefulness and filled with ads and other stuffs. I am not fond of this so called CTC, I'd buy a puzzle mag for these stuff. Keep the main thing the main thing... Techy stuff - more of how it works, comparisons, whatz inside, trouble shooting,... - computer stuff.

1) DVD contents are CRAP. (except for Linux distros and maybe 3D studio max - not sure it is trial or full ver, can somebody clarify it?)
Software:
Claims :
"free software worth 10,000" and next to this image, they show 3dstudio max and maya 2011. Misleading.
Not sure what Digit is claiming 10k for, but Maya 2011 and CS5 are 30 day trial versions.
Digit, Can somebody list the split up for 10K ?

Movies: Crappy 4 movies. short (some are black and white) movies/animated movies. Total waste. No big deal, I dont care about the movies, but boasting of it should've avoided.

Music: This one is worth a try. This is the only thing I enjoyed in the DVDs... checking out new songs..

Cardboard game: I like this: A good pad for my laptop, wards the heat.. I've been looking for a cardboard for a while now :)

Assured prize: Unfair play here. It is a code (sticker on the back of fasttrack DIY booklet) which one should either SMS or enter in an online form. "Results will be mailed in 24 hrs !) Why manual? Why not automate ? Should've been a scratch card with prize printed. Now we have absolutely no idea how this is going to be done; total control @ Digit admins and I am sure everybody is going to get the so called "digit voucher" for rs 150. I have no idea what this voucher is, nor do they have any details for it. I suppose ppl will have to buy Digit magazine online with that voucher and some additional money??

Seeds: Liked this concept, but doubt the practicality of this. I wonder how many have really sprouted it and put it in a proper place for final growth into a tree. Good move, nevertheless.

Games: Have not tried them, can somebody please give an update on this ? Is it really worth trying these games ?

Magazine: More of an advertisement booklet ! Almost every odd numbered page is an ad. (right side). Really, guys, check it out.....
I'd like to describe Digit as an interesting gadget catalog with a few articles here are there.

If I knew about this, I'd have defenitely stayed away from buying this. I have a fast broadband connection (I hope most of the folks here have too), so most of the stuff on DVDs are just redundant...magazine not good as it used to be a few years back. I think time for Digit to wake up and go back to the "roots".

I have to congratulate the marketing department though. Nicely presented package and misleaded (about assured gift and 10K worth software) to tempt ppl to buy. Not good in long run though.

Probably the last time I am buying Digit... even if I am tempted next time, will buy only after a feedback check here, in the forums.

-These are my opinion, which I really felt expressing. I am not here to flame/for a war or a debate.. I just created this account to put this message across.
*Definitely not worth 250 bucks.
*Misleading info on the mag package.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know about mag contents as I've not got it yet but those old movies can give you great entertainment ( old gems - IMO ) and loads of free softwares and dev tools are worth trying for sure :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom