[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

paraman

Journeyman
I couldnt believe it when I didnt get the Terminator2, Discovery dvd's and motocross cd. I am a long time subscriber and they are asking us to shell out more money if we want these goodies!

Is this how DIGIT rewards loyalty?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Milkshake said:
Raaabo said:
The movie DVD is a dual-layer DVD and should work provided:
Are u in your mind RAABOO!!!
Who said the DVD is a DUAL-layer DVD.
It ain't.

Please find out what a dual-layer DVD is first before posting. Also refer to my first post that started this thread, it has been edited to explain why some of you have problems with the Movie DVD.

The fault does not lie with Digit in most cases. Sure there might be a couple of spoilt DVDs (very rare) out there, but they must have been damaged in transit or transportation—these DVDs might be bent out of heat or have markings on the data face and are quite easy to spot.

For most people however, the DVD will work fine provided you follow the instructions given in the first post in this thread. If you have a damaged DVD, data or movie, we are happy to replace it ASAP, all you have to do is write to help@jasubhai.com to get instructions.

Many people do not load movie DVD software and thus have no DVD decoders installed, which is why they cannot view movie DVDs. You will not be able to watch ANY movie DVD unless you follow the procedures mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

The Digit DVD is a Data DVD and not a movie DVD, so a few of you might find the Digit DVD functioning and the Movie DVD not working and think that it is corrupted. This isn't so.

The person who got 2 movie DVDs and no Digit DVD should write in to help@jasubhai.com and ask for directions to solve his problem. I am sure they will dispatch it immediately. The mixup might have happened while packing.

The reason I mentioned dual-layer was because people might have very very old DVD-ROM drives that might not recognise dual-layer DVDs. However, since all DVD-ROMs available for over the past 2 years support dual-layer discs, this is a problem that you might face if your drive is, say, over 3 years old.

I made a mistake in a previous post: I mentioned Windows Media Player 10 because I thought it installed a DVD decoder. I was wrong. WMP does not bundle any DVD decoders and thus those without DVD movie player software will get an error message that says something to that effect when trying to use WMP10 to play the DVD.

Raaabo

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
asheet said:
1. I believe Digit is loosing its Honesty & sincerity now that it has become an eight year old mag. It has lost its innocence & has become street smart & cunning. It could be also due to Maulik coming on board. Readers shoudl ponder & decide due to following :-

a. when I subscriber to Digit, Digit & self are under contract. Digit is commited to deliver to my address Digit magzine similar to news-stand copy. However Digit always arrives late, in a packaging different than news-stand copy & now I am also being asked to pay for Freebies separately. This is complete violation of the subscriber agreement which any decent magzine understands.

b. If this is an indication of things to come, it is better to SHUN DIgit & move to another technology mag. There is no dearth of them & it is the readers who take the magzine to pinnacle of success & also cause it to die. Digit's end is coming. I was its first subscriber when it was launched in 1997 & it is sad to see it dying under a money-hungry Maulik who has already pocketed teh subscription money, is getting cheap funding due to us & now is asking us to pay for what is rightfully ours - under ontract.

c. Digit should immediately send the Freebies to all its subscribers with an aoplogy, Maulik shoudl be kicked out for good with a RED REAR END.

d. If it doiesn't happen, lets team-up & go to Consumer court, send copy of letters to all other rival mags & ensure that no more innocent readers are trapped by a cunning mag like Digit.

Thoise who r intrested in persuing Legal action can contact me at following address :
Sqn Ldr Sanjay Sinvhal
F-604, Jalvayu Vihar, Powai, Mumbai-400 076
Cell : 92233 23333
email : sanjay.sinvhal@gmail.com

I would like to take this opportunity to warn you against making allegations based solely on your imagination. You have alleged a lot in this statement of yours, and none of it has any basis in truth or proof.

I suggest you withdraw all false allegations you made in the statement above, look up the laws and find out how a legally registered Private Limited company functions, and how it is impossible for ANYONE to "pocket" money.

Raaabo

prash007

Journeyman
Hey guyz, jus now saw all the posts!! Moreover, i ve jus subscribed for another year. OMG....Extra 50rs is too much for the subscribers...already its 125/issue.

digit...pls have some consideration...

asheet

Journeyman
Raabo,

The statements made by me are factually correct & I have the letter in my subscriber copy from Digit - signed by Maulik to support it. Sugegst u too have a look at it. I have subscribed to Digit & had been assured in the subscriber agreement that I will get the same copy as news-stand month on month without any addl charges. Infact, it was clearly mentioned that by subscribing for longer periods, a subscriber is protected against inflation & rise in cover price.

I invite other Forum readers & Digit subscribers to air their views.

U must open a Voting panel on this subject - whether Digit is right in charging addl amount from its subscribers for the same copy which is sold at newstands. You will havee an answer & am sure ur hazy vision will again become crystal clear.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
yes digit does do a campaign on claiming tht

"a subscriber is protected against inflation & rise in cover price."

and Geez why r u folks after poor Raaabo yaar

how is he responsible for all this ...

after all he didnt hike the price naaa

i support voices against Digit not Raaabo !!!

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
yah i also accep your views Vijay. Its not Raabo bhaiyya who increased the price on his own. Whole Team Digit must be blamed for it.

Jerin

Journeyman
I think its not Raboo`s fault.Its the bad-luck of the subscribers.See Digit people give you magazine of regular issue at a discount price and not the special issues like this for discount cost.I think if they start giving special issues including special dvd etc for subscribes it wont be worth for them.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
It is 7th of December and my copy of Digit has not reached me till now. It is a nightmare I am waiting for. No movie,no game ..........

Digit!, Is that right on your part to take off those things from a subscriber's pack???

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I also haven't got my issue yet. B4 3-4 months i usually got my mag till 5th of every month but frm last 2 months i am getting my issue after 10th.
This is not done at all.

multi

lazy bone
The crying subscribers should understand that the "extra" charge is decision of Team Digit (not solo by Raabo) .

Though , I am a newstand buyer , I do feel that extra charging is not fare after your such comitment by subscription charges.

@asheet - i totally disagree the way u used the language towards "Maulik"

P.S. - make sure to take 1 screenshot of your reply bcoz no1 knows when they gonna deleted :p

iinfi

mekalodu
i m also thinking of suing the magazine.
they sud be taught a good lesson. First the Newsstand buyers were cheated by displaying a later version of a game and then giving the earlier version

and now make things even they are cheating their subscribers.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
asheet said:
Raabo,
The statements made by me are factually correct & I have the letter in my subscriber copy from Digit - signed by Maulik to support it. Sugegst u too have a look at it. I have subscribed to Digit & had been assured in the subscriber agreement that I will get the same copy as news-stand month on month without any addl charges. Infact, it was clearly mentioned that by subscribing for longer periods, a subscriber is protected against inflation & rise in cover price.
Yes, and the mag price was raised from Rs 100 to Rs 125, but subscribers who paid Rs 66 were not asked to pay more. So you are protected from inflation, just as the letter says.
asheet said:
U must open a Voting panel on this subject - whether Digit is right in charging addl amount from its subscribers for the same copy which is sold at newstands. You will havee an answer & am sure ur hazy vision will again become crystal clear.
The "voting panel" you ask for is called the Digit Forum, you are freely expressing your views here aren't you, even though they may be wrong!

Plus I do not think I have hazy vision, I distinctly saw you use rude language for the CEO of my company in a public domain. You have accused a senior member of Team Digit of "pocketing" money, and resorted to petty name calling. Of course you have no proof of this, while we have evidence that contradicts your "claims".

And all this from someone we would expect to have much more manners and character than the average citizen—an Air Force squadron leader.

I am very saddened to learn that not all of our Armed Forces Personell have been trained to be gentlemen, with the ability to remember their manners even when hot under the collar.

Here's a little info:

Defamation: Libel and slander are two forms of defamation (or defamation of character), which is the tort or delict of making a false statement of fact that injures someone's reputation.

Lawsuit: A lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court in which the party commencing the action, the plaintiff, seeks a legal remedy. If the plaintiff is successful, judgment will be given in the plaintiff's favour, and a range of court orders may be issued to enforce a right, impose a penalty, award damages, impose an injunction to prevent an act or compel an act, or to obtain a declaratory judgment to prevent future legal disputes.

Libel: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant.

Raaabo

C

cybermanas

It's interesting how Raaabo is answering all queries related to DVD problems but is completely silent on the issue of subscribers not getting the freebies without any extra cost.

@asheet ,you are right .now JDM is not keeping up to it's promise in spirit because they are now thinking about making money not satisfying their readers.

I forgot to menton another thing.I am a subscriber and have not yet received my copy of Digit till now i.e 11:42PM Dec 07 2005.

kaysquare

Journeyman
Raaabo said:
The "voting panel" you ask for is called the Digit Forum, you are freely expressing your views here aren't you, even though they may be wrong!

Raaabo, Its a shame when you call this forum a voting panel and users are free to express their views. It is heavily biased.

You yourself deleted a lot of posts tht were questioning logic behind the extra charge. Didnt you??

Just answer to this question
"wat about the promise of delivering the mag without any additional cost including special issues"

I want an answer to the point. And one more question

"IS DIGIT READY TO FACE A CONSUMER COURT"

think twice before answering as i am taking screenshots of all these posts including the deleted posts, which i am planing to submit as proof in the consumer court if subscribers are not treated fairly.

QuickFire

Broken In
I've posted many things on this subscriber issues here in the past and unfortunately, all have been deleted. I wanted to ask Team Digit if thats what they call "freely expressing your views". Whats the use of expressing views freely if they are going to be deleted after some time?

Anyways, I just feel its not right for Digit to charge extra from the subscribers for the freebies. Its really lame and no comments and explainations can justify this act. However hard digit tries its just not going to get back my respect for Digit that they lost coz of this. Not that they really care abt it :p The message is loud and clear...

No point crying and wasting your time here. If you are happy as a digit subscriber, live with it.
If not, go get a better deal somewhere else. :D

iinfi

mekalodu
Raaabo said:
asheet said:
Raabo,
Yes, and the mag price was raised from Rs 100 to Rs 125, but subscribers who paid Rs 66 were not asked to pay more. So you are protected from inflation, just as the letter says.
asheet said:

Plus I do not think I have hazy vision, I distinctly saw you use rude language for the CEO of my company in a public domain. You have accused a senior member of Team Digit of "pocketing" money, and resorted to petty name calling. Of course you have no proof of this, while we have evidence that contradicts your "claims".

And all this from someone we would expect to have much more manners and character than the average citizen—an Air Force squadron leader.

I am very saddened to learn that not all of our Armed Forces Personell have been trained to be gentlemen, with the ability to remember their manners even when hot under the collar.

Here's a little info:

Defamation: Libel and slander are two forms of defamation (or defamation of character), which is the tort or delict of making a false statement of fact that injures someone's reputation.

Lawsuit: A lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court in which the party commencing the action, the plaintiff, seeks a legal remedy. If the plaintiff is successful, judgment will be given in the plaintiff's favour, and a range of court orders may be issued to enforce a right, impose a penalty, award damages, impose an injunction to prevent an act or compel an act, or to obtain a declaratory judgment to prevent future legal disputes.

Libel: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant.

Raaabo

the C R @ P which u have written here applies to you, your organisation and ur CEO also. plz dont act oversmart and think u can take people for granted. u r in for some serious trouble if we SUE u. Get ur CEO to reply in this forum. i dont want to see ur stale meaningless replies.
AND DONT U DARE SPEAK AGAINST ANY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THIS COUNTRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom