[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise

Broken In
One thing I have observed in this thread is that people have been too much critical about the issue of what should be on the cover of Digit. It is a very subjective thing and it is useless to try to convince sombody as to what is good to have on the cover.

I would like to have a booklet fully dedicated to PHOTOSHOP, in Digit's typical user friendly language and of course, a 'smarter' subscription offer next time

Did I see a shooting star?

kato

Karthiksn
A guy who compares a magazine to a mans relations truely has some issues anyways i dont get the hang of such things easily but one thing according to sales figure or even simple maths i can say is subcribers pay less and we pay more nothing else

premsharma

In the zone
kato said:
A guy who compares a magazine to a mans relations truely has some issues anyways i dont get the hang of such things easily but one thing according to sales figure or even simple maths i can say is subcribers pay less and we pay more nothing else

Then, why don't you subscribe?

tech_lover

Journeyman
Oh God, as a newbie I thought there would be something more exciting on the feedback. We buy from the street regularly and then decide to subcribe one day...period. And digit knows that. Hey Digit staff, I loved the issue and the movie...and do put sania or whoever you think fit on the cover...and do carry more stuff on buying guides and ergonomics...may be the stuff available in India and not just pictures of some ergo keyborads and mice and Herman Miller like chairs.

kato

Karthiksn
Did in my any post i say that i m disatisfied from being a newstand buyer i guess not we all have our reasons and premsharma the arguement is not about why or why dont we subscribe, its about him saying that newstand buyers are not digit assets.

GURISING

Right off the assembly line
DECEMBER MEGA ISSUE

dr. digit, don't you think that you have deceived the subscribers by demanding Rs. 50 extra for DVD's & cd. This is not fair. however I am sending the money for DVD's & cd as Rs. 50/- is not a big amount but the procedure to procure them is long and time consuming. I am a regular subscriber for last three years. In future kindly do not black mail emotionally.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
hi ya GURISING

have you read the whole thread?? read it and you will find the answers to your questions.

and welcome to digit forum! :)

kaysquare

Journeyman
Re: DECEMBER MEGA ISSUE

after having a long and useless chat with RAAABO for 45 minutes a couple of weeks ago i have decided to approach a consumer court questioning DIGITS right to charge money from subscribers.

( I cannot post the chat contents here because raaabo doesnt want it to be posted on the forum)

Raaabo,

I have consulted a lawyer(as you suggested in the chat) and took his suggestion also. :wink:

wise

Broken In
To share my experience-

I had the biginner's luck with the contest and won a camera in my first try. Later I entered in many more digit contests without winning a straw. Then I figured that the probablity of winning is becoming lesser and lesser because of more and more participants entering into the contest. Then I just stopped paying attention to the contest altogether treating it as just another lottery.

swatkat

Technomancer
One thing about that Motocross Madness game. It installes a "spyware" called DSSAGENT. The file will be present in %Windir%\Bbstore folder.

AdAware has given a "threat" rating of 8 out of 10!

Here's an info about this:
DSSAGENT is a tool that lets software developers push a new splash screen into a program at any time, e.g. for bug reports and product updates--but I think it's probably more centered around advertising :( This program has been seen most often bundled with children's software titles from Mattel Interactive/Broderbund. I have also had a report of the module being installed by AOL 6.0 and hammering the DNS server with "MILLIONS" of requests for www.brodcast.net.

An (apparently) discontinued spyware product of Brøderbund Software. Bundled with most Brøderbund and Learning Company titles until April, 2002.A desktop computer running DSSAgent might send over 10,000 DNS requests in 15 minutes, slowing network traffic. There are reports that it slows CPU processing as well.

Source
Source

DSSAGENT.EXE tries to connect to its server and downloads the "Splash screen" News or Ads or whatever.

This tool is bundled with Mattel Interactive, The Learning Company games.

However, it doesnt change any browser settings or any other system settings. But, its known to hog resource.

The removal tool can be downloaded here.

premsharma

In the zone
kato said:
Did in my any post i say that i m disatisfied from being a newstand buyer i guess not we all have our reasons and premsharma the arguement is not about why or why dont we subscribe, its about him saying that newstand buyers are not digit assets.

I do not think that they think as asset of news stand buyers, otherwise, they would not have forced rs 200 issue. they could have given choice to buy without game & movie for rs 125. But such choice was not given to news stand buyers. Basically, they think that news stand buyers are a lot where they can enforce new policies and recover the cost of providing a movie & game if the subs cribers do not respond in large numbers.

I don't it was an issue to subscriber because they had option decide either way. For subscriber, it was as simple as don't take those extra useless stuff. I am having this useless game & useless movie. I can give it to any one free of cost. Just provide me Rs 25 for courier charges

Let's forget this issue & concentrate on future issues. Digit archiving software and present interface is of prime importance.

Captain Crime

Journeyman
base hv no problem with mirza.
but y the hell shes on the cover.
No article on her.
no interviews of her.

so wat the hell is she doing.

1 day we may see pamela anderson
and then angelina joile………..
Sucks

ronweasley

Broken In
amit_stg said:
i didnt find old 12 issues of digit on CD or DVD, as it is mentioned in the book that DVD is accompanied with old issues in pdf format.
plz check

yup. i cant find the pdf version of the old issues. can someone tell me where are they? 'm desperate t read ALL the 12 issues AT ONCE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom