[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerin

Journeyman
I am really feeling sad for the poor subscribers who had already paid money in advance for the magazine and now asking extra money.

Some days before I even thought of subscribing to DIGIT but now let me wait for subscriber opinions in the coming days and I will do accoring to that.

It is also true that Digit`s paper is of low quality these days.If other magazines of this price range can give good paper why isn`t digit able to give it???

To say the fact fast track in a way is useless as most of the content in it are useless as most of its contents are know to the people who are reading it.

Better cut that useless stuff and make the price back to RS 100 atleast!!!!!!!

And please increase the quality of the paper .It really sucks yaa.

Hope Digit will improve in the coming month.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I just want few question to be answered.

1) Why does a subscriber has to pay extra money to get the complete package of December/Special issue?

2) What is the real meaning of subscription (someone from DIGIT should personally answer this question, maybe the CEO)?

3) Why Raaabo always says that as being a subscriber we always get everything at a lower cost? We are not begging to DIGIT but have already paid for the stuff we would be getting. So don't show like you are doing any favour to us.

4)If this a forum where we could express our views freely with remaining within the limit, why posts (last thrad about december 2005 preview in DIGITIZED section) are being deleted. What is your intention behind it?

One more thing I would like to suggest to DIGIT is that when they bring out the AD for subscription in future, please mention each and every details so that the future subscriber don't remain in darkness like us.

I just want to say that DIGIT has to work a lot and really a lot to regain our confidence back. Certainly they have lost mine.

And one more thing IMPROVE UR DELIVERY SYSTEM because it really is a nuissance. Always get the copy after the newstand buyers.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
kaysquare said:
Raaabo said:
The "voting panel" you ask for is called the Digit Forum, you are freely expressing your views here aren't you, even though they may be wrong!

Raaabo, Its a shame when you call this forum a voting panel and users are free to express their views. It is heavily biased.

You yourself deleted a lot of posts tht were questioning logic behind the extra charge. Didnt you??

Just answer to this question
"wat about the promise of delivering the mag without any additional cost including special issues"

I want an answer to the point. And one more question

"IS DIGIT READY TO FACE A CONSUMER COURT"

think twice before answering as i am taking screenshots of all these posts including the deleted posts, which i am planing to submit as proof in the consumer court if subscribers are not treated fairly.

I am totally agree with you.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
john_the_ultimate said:
I just want few question to be answered.

1) Why does a subscriber has to pay extra money to get the complete package of December/Special issue?

2) What is the real meaning of subscription (someone from DIGIT should personally answer this question, maybe the CEO)?

3) Why Raaabo always says that as being a subscriber we always get everything at a lower cost? We are not begging to DIGIT but have already paid for the stuff we would be getting. So don't show like you are doing any favour to us.

4)If this a forum where we could express our views freely with remaining within the limit, why posts (last thrad about december 2005 preview in DIGITIZED section) are being deleted. What is your intention behind it?

One more thing I would like to suggest to DIGIT is that when they bring out the AD for subscription in future, please mention each and every details so that the future subscriber don't remain in darkness like us.

I just want to say that DIGIT has to work a lot and really a lot to regain our confidence back. Certainly they have lost mine.

And one more thing IMPROVE UR DELIVERY SYSTEM because it really is a nuissance. Always get the copy after the newstand buyers.

I support you completely for each n every word of Yours.
Digit , You are losing our faith...

netarget

Broken In
Raaabo said:
Here's a little info:

Defamation: Libel and slander are two forms of defamation (or defamation of character), which is the tort or delict of making a false statement of fact that injures someone's reputation.

Lawsuit: A lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court in which the party commencing the action, the plaintiff, seeks a legal remedy. If the plaintiff is successful, judgment will be given in the plaintiff's favour, and a range of court orders may be issued to enforce a right, impose a penalty, award damages, impose an injunction to prevent an act or compel an act, or to obtain a declaratory judgment to prevent future legal disputes.

Libel: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant.

Raaabo

Hi, Here is more info: (Hope this also helps) 8)
Consumer
The Consumer Protection Act:- Sec.2(d) "consumer" means any person who,-- (i) buys any goods for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any user of such goods other than the person who buys such goods for consideration paid or promised or partly paid or partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment when such use is made with the approval of such person, but does not include a person who obtains such goods for resale or for any commercial purpose; or (ii) 2*[hires or avails of] any services for a conside- ration which has been paid or promised or partly paid and part by promised, or under any system of deferred payment and includes any beneficiary of such services other than the person who 2*[hires or avails of] the services for consideration paid or promised, or partly paid and partly promised, or under any system of deferred payment, when such services are availed of with the approval of the first mentioned person. 1*[Explanation.-- For the purposes of sub-clause (i), "commercial purpose" does not include use by a consumer of goods bought and used by him exclusively for the purpose of earning his livelihood, by means of self-employment;]

Defeciency :
The Consumer Protection Act:- Sec.2(g) "deficiency" means any fault, imperfection, shortcoming or inadequacy in the quality, nature and manner of performance which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force or has been undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service;

Unfair trade practice:
The Consumer Protection Act:- Sec.2(r) "unfair trade practice" means a trade practice which, for the purpose of promoting the sale, use or supply of any goods or for the provision of any service, adopts any unfair method or unfair or deceptive practice including any of the following prac-
tices, namely:-
...(1)...(2)...(3)(a) the offering of gifts, prizes or other items with the intention of not providing them as offered or creating impression that something is being given or offered free of charge when it it is fully or partly covered by the amount charged in the transaction as a whole.

multi

lazy bone
john_the_ultimate said:
i remember , in deleted post of Raabo - "we even dont cover cost (sounding like we bear loss & making charity for subscriber ) :lol:

john_the_ultimate said:
when this thread started he even not said anything about deletation
:x
john_the_ultimate said:
A suggestion for DIGIT :idea: - for your future subscription AD - do show " * " sign in the AD with words "conditions apply + subect to change to extra charge :evil: " ( becoz we can charge u extraa even after this subscription )

hpotter606

Journeyman
Jerin said:
I am really feeling sad for the poor subscribers who had already paid money in advance for the magazine and now asking extra money.

Some days before I even thought of subscribing to DIGIT but now let me wait for subscriber opinions in the coming days and I will do accoring to that.

It is also true that Digit`s paper is of low quality these days.If other magazines of this price range can give good paper why isn`t digit able to give it???

To say the fact fast track in a way is useless as most of the content in it are useless as most of its contents are know to the people who are reading it.

Thats totally untrue. It is of lot of help if you are new in computer world. Even if the paper quality of the fast track book is bad(not even fair, which i dont like :evil: ) it is of lot of help. Most of the books were of help and you should remember that many people get this mag for knowledge and this is what exactly done by DIGIT. No one should say fast track is of no use.

The paper quality of the mag is better in the recent issues. You cant blame it now. The good thing about digit is that they are giving a book instead of a CD. Mag is the main component not he DVD and the CD.

DIGIT ROCKS

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Ok, a lot of subscribers for Digit, unhappy subscribers. Whats up guys you are getting the stuff for 66+50 bucks what we are getting for 200. U are still saving Rs.84. !!

New stand buyers get it for Rs. 75 more (actuall price 125/-). And I dont even have the option to buy the mag alone with out the extras for 125. After all T2 and Motocross madness is complete waste of investment of Rs. 50, Guess Digit could have loaded them all in to the Data CD itself, at least the Game which could have surely saved some bills easily.

Digit could have easily avoided this issue by posting a notice in November in the 'December Preview Post'. Atleast a hint should have been given so that readers would have anticipated something. The extra Rs.50 has certainly 'surprised' most subscribers. Digit is all to blame its ownself.

kaysquare

Journeyman
lywyre said:
Ok, a lot of subscribers for Digit, unhappy subscribers. Whats up guys you are getting the stuff for 66+50 bucks what we are getting for 200. U are still saving Rs.84. !!

New stand buyers get it for Rs. 75 more (actuall price 125/-). And I dont even have the option to buy the mag alone with out the extras for 125. After all T2 and Motocross madness is complete waste of investment of Rs. 50, Guess Digit could have loaded them all in to the Data CD itself, at least the Game which could have surely saved some bills easily.

Digit could have easily avoided this issue by posting a notice in November in the 'December Preview Post'. Atleast a hint should have been given so that readers would have anticipated something. The extra Rs.50 has certainly 'surprised' most subscribers. Digit is all to blame its ownself.

By any chance do you work for digit ?. Why are you taking digit's side ? Become a subscriber and you will immediately understand the sense of betrayal the subscribers are feeling ...

Bomb

Broken In
hpotter606 said:
Jerin said:

Thats totally untrue. It is of lot of help if you are new in computer world. Even if the paper quality of the fast track book is bad(not even fair, which i dont like :evil: ) it is of lot of help. Most of the books were of help and you should remember that many people get this mag for knowledge and this is what exactly done by DIGIT. No one should say fast track is of no use.

The paper quality of the mag is better in the recent issues. You cant blame it now. The good thing about digit is that they are giving a book instead of a CD. Mag is the main component not he DVD and the CD.

DIGIT ROCKS

One more post indicating ----> U KNOW WHAT !

kato

Karthiksn
you guys are killing the feedback and how can u expect 2 dvds and 2 cds and a magzine with a small book will cost them only 69 or whatever the subscribers pay u ought to also think on the digits side. I pay 125 every month and for this month i pay 200 but we newstand ppl complain less compared to u wuo get it at cheaper rates

prash007

Journeyman
Raabo: pls understand. Many readers are also from the student community (ur hostel rule tells each of them to get a copy!!!)and they ll sure be tempted to get this issue! But the price rise.... :cry:

Also, a mag like this...why is it spending more on models for the cover!!
Instead, hav some deals with corp. for some carnival or some offer for the buyers! I thought digit deals only with tech.... :oops:

When u want to attract more subscribers u said: Get the issue and be safe from future price raise. Now, why this change...is it bcoz u've attracted more????

"Wise men subscibe when the time is ripe...the unwise wait for a better offer which may not come..blah blah" Ur chinese philosophy published every month!!!

NOW, WHOSE WISE AND WHO S UNWISE!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
I ve subscribed(renewed) it this month!! :shock:

Is it that ur trying to outwit us?? wat do u gain by this? Why do u want to do something when the public is not interested in it?

For the movie stuff: (pls think from a third person point of view...a coll. student subscribing DIGIT :( ) Will u really want T2 or that game? Both are old. That movie is screened more than 50 times in all eng. movie channels. That game is too old...

Ppl.. there s no point in raising a revolt against raabo! He s representin DIGIT. I accept, he's to face all charges whether its good or bad...but its too late. The issue is already out. I can understand this is for the sake of not happening in the future.

But Geez, there s always a way to approach...be polite...
:)
Believe me, u can achieve things in a faster way :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom