Pentium G645
Amd Radeon HD 6870 1 GB
GSkill NT 8 x 1 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H mobo
500 GB HDD
will this PSU be good enough ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
careful tho, Seasonic service center locations can be a problem.. please research before buying
Alternative Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i finally decided my config.
Pentium G645
Amd Radeon HD 6870 1 GB
GSkill NT 8 x 1 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H mobo
500 GB HDD
will this PSU be good enough ?

its more than you need for that rig... plus service will be a problem. check out CX430V2.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i'm getting confused...somea re saying its enough, some are saying its not... :/

here, i'll let you on to a secret...

google for reviews on the exact model of 6870 you are buying and check the Rig that the reviewer has used to test the GPU.
compare it to your Rig.
check the review rig's entire power consumption.
now if your rig is same to the review rig, you will be consuming the same amount of power.
if your rig is lesser in config then you will be consuming lesser amount of power.

get a PSU that will be enough for your rig on the above basis..

but if you have future updates [specially GPU] in mind, then aloow for around 150-200W headroom for the upgrade.

lastly, if you still have confusion, we will be glad to help. :)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
i'm getting confused...somea re saying its enough, some are saying its not... :/

*www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/290?i=188.191.192.194.195.197.200.201.203.204.206.207.210.211.213.214.216.217.219.220.221.222.223.224.225.226.227.228.229.230.231.232.233.234.235.238

here i saw power consumption a bit on higher side so thought it wont be enough

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Although its not clear which OEM thunder Series uses, Coolermaster as of now sticking with Seasonic and Enhance OEMS. Its Corsair which is now currently playing musical chairs with OEMs and actual designs, except the HX series and the AX series. Infact, RMA numbers for newer Corsair GS series, VS and certain TX models have increased over the period of months. I've been recommending Coolermaster GX, Seasonic S12II (with standard Tirupathi Enterprises disclaimer for people from Hyberabad till South) and Corsair HX/AX non i series.

The older GX450 weren't bad either. Its just that newer ones are better than the old ones, however CM did make a serious mistake of not highlighting the newer rev version.

Also, there has been an increase of people who have been recommending power supplies on the basis of brands. There have been people who have putting review links from those sites which don't do proper testing and actual test method. I would appreciate if such people cease and desist, or else I am afraid I'll be forced to point those people out in this thread inorder to protect people's hardwork in pushing this forum to the right direction.

Please don't take a forum back to the dark ages by such vague explanation. If people don't know what they're saying for the love of God atleast learn from multiple contents hosted online or else shut up!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Although its not clear which OEM thunder Series uses, Coolermaster as of now sticking with Seasonic and Enhance OEMS. Its Corsair which is now currently playing musical chairs with OEMs and actual designs, except the HX series and the AX series. Infact, RMA numbers for newer Corsair GS series, VS and certain TX models have increased over the period of months. I've been recommending Coolermaster GX, Seasonic S12II (with standard Tirupathi Enterprises disclaimer for people from Hyberabad till South) and Corsair HX/AX non i series.

The older GX450 weren't bad either. Its just that newer ones are better than the old ones, however CM did make a serious mistake of not highlighting the newer rev version.

Also, there has been an increase of people who have been recommending power supplies on the basis of brands. There have been people who have putting review links from those sites which don't do proper testing and actual test method. I would appreciate if such people cease and desist, or else I am afraid I'll be forced to point those people out in this thread inorder to protect people's hardwork in pushing this forum to the right direction.

Please don't take a forum back to the dark ages by such vague explanation. If people don't know what they're saying for the love of God atleast learn from multiple contents hosted online or else shut up!

i agree.. +1

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check this:
Johnny Lucky PSU Lemon List

and
*www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-recommendations.html

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Holy shiit that website is scary
I quote
Fake 80 Plus logo on box. No PFC circuit. Thin cable wires not to spec. Not 600 watts as advertised. Burned at 375 watts. Efficiency, voltage regulation, ripple, and noise suppression all out of spec.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
lol there is need for a blacklist thread. The recommended thread should be enough and it's a very simple list and easy to remember - Seasonic, Antec. Corsair is ok but overpriced compared to the competition.

Top Bottom