Power shutdown in Tamil Nadu 5 hours and even more. WTF?

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
Re: POWER-SHUTDOWN in (Tamilnadu) 5Hours & even more WTF ?

In my place Tinsukia(Assam) there is more than 4hrs of powercut!:x

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

no load shedding in Ghy till now
Thankfully power situation is good now.

During the India-Pak match there was a powercut of around 30 seconds. I could hear just about hear whole neighbourhood shout in anger.
Today is a bit cloudy, so maybe a small cut if it rains.

People of Guwahati don't suffer that much from powercut as they do from floods.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ don't worry buddy. old days will be back by May. when we'll enjoy more pleasant powercut than TN ppls.

pauldmps

Banned
We are the biggest sufferers of electricity (Jharkhand). Our power plants have failed yesterday so I doubt that we'll be able to see the match at all. :(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
We are the biggest sufferers of electricity (Jharkhand). Our power plants have failed yesterday so I doubt that we'll be able to see the match at all. :(
Sorry to hear. Best of luck.
Don't worry, I think Govt will try its best to give electricity. I hope the electricity board somehow manages electricity in your state.

sreemat0p

Right off the assembly line
Here in Vellore, its cutting for a loooooong time man. Really annoying more so when it cuts off at night with the mosquitoes having a field day!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Holy crap! 5 hours of power outage. That's a really pathetic situation. How can you guys bear this heat (forget using the computer)?

We have had about 2 power outages (total) in Bombay, since the advent of the Summer season, each lasted for about 10 minutes tops. People out here don't take this thing lightly.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
don't worry guys present TN govt has promised to solve the power deficit of around 3500MW within 3 to 4 months :p personal adviser of Dr.APJ, V.Ponraj's help is being taken for planning.

@ethan
people here also did not take this lightly. that's why it was a major reason in throwing out the incumbent from power :D

_

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ethan_Hunt said:
Holy crap! 5 hours of power outage.
That's a really pathetic situation. How
can you guys bear this heat (forget
using the computer)?
Today I dont know what the hecks happening. 5 minutes it comes, 10 minutes it goes.

Last 2 days it is not so hot. It is raining and drizzling.
But I think the Sun is out today.

The problem here is if rains here for 3-4 hours at good speed then it floods like we have no drainage system :mad:
and then a top minister of state Govt. in a interview " where is the flood. I dont see any :confused: '

How angry will we be?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
In the US, they celebrate Edison's birthday with a five minute powercut in select areas. Here due to overrespect to Edison we *live* in powercuts.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I'm from Chennai ..

Daily 1 hour Power cut ..

But i have my Laptop fully charged and Put the AC well in advance and enjoy 1/3 of a movie in that time !

lalam

In the zone
The problem here is if rains here for 3-4 hours at good speed then it floods like we have no drainage system :mad:
and then a top minister of state Govt. in a interview " where is the flood. I dont see any :confused: '

Lol am always prepare for that so i do all i can to not go out when it pours. Well the drainage system in the bye lane am in is getting a major repair, so am thankful for that. The rest of you in Ghy can suffer from flood during rainy season :p Just jk It would have been flooded yesterday if it wasn't for the repair work done.

Powers been good lately. But will say some 2 to 3 weeks back it was so so, kept going off at night for hours and hours.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
lalam said:
Well the drainage system in the bye
lane am in is getting a major repair, so
am thankful for that
The problem is that you're bylane is same as most other bylanes of Guwahati which is getting repairs for a long time.
TheMost said:
I'm from Chennai .. Daily 1 hour Power cut .. But i have my Laptop fully charged
and Put the AC well in advance and
enjoy 1/3 of a movie in that time ! TheMost
Nice tactics :D
The Conqueror said:
In the US, they celebrate Edison's
birthday with a five minute powercut
in select areas. Here due to
overrespect to Edison we *live* in
powercuts.
:facepalm: :(

Top Bottom