Power shutdown in Tamil Nadu 5 hours and even more. WTF?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Since a week there has been limitless power shutdown in Tamilnadu more than 5hrs on the day time hushhhhhhhh ? since we are all techies how could anyone bare such a horrible times , with out power how we use computer ?

I am in coimbatore , i cannot use my computer more than half an hour power-shutdown is rapid !

Frankly speaking - :cryeyesout:I CANT TOLERATE IT !!!:banghead:

anyone experiencing the same ?

pauldmps

Banned
Re: POWER-SHUTDOWN in (Tamilnadu) 5Hours & even more WTF ?

I live in Jharkhand & believe me, the power supply is dreadful.

BTW, has this anything to do with the State Legislative Assembly elections in your state ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Yes, too much of the politicians involvement. This will surely reflect in elections.

@damngoodman
You still alive in forum?

Krow

Crowman

Not facing any problems in Chennai so far. I hope the power supply is restored soon. Although I don't have much hope as it is summer.

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Raj - yes i m alive !

The Industries r using too much energy , but Electricity board cutting power @ housing areas ! wat kind of method to save power ? This is Exam time & semester season - Most small industries are closed - No proper time schedule for work in Coimbatore !

The electricity board claims that There is No power / Energy saved so power shall become worse !

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

^Elections are just around the corner. Maybe that is a reason?

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

and we are buying power big time from other states like gujarat. imagine if that is also stopped. TN is going down the drain. no1 revenue is TASMAC

_

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

Situation in MP was same when I was doing my graduation. With so many rivers in India why the hell do we have to face such problems even after so many years?

If I am not wrong TN has two nuclear power plants.Right? Why are they unable to cater all the power needs of the state people?

Situation is still ok in cities. I have heard that in villages, though they get free electricity for irrigation and all but overall they suffer more.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

koodankulam NPP is yet to be fully complete and so are many power projects across the state. only when koodankulam gets completed the power problem will be manageable. anyway I have reservations over entirely depending on Nuclear power.. anyway that is another discussion. :p

_

murali1003

Right off the assembly line

In Chennai I didn't experience any power cuts so far. Someday said TN has nuclear plant, yes but its much like prototype reactor capacity 170 and 220 MW from what i heard is that it produces 60-80% of the capacity. The main source here is here thermal and hydro which produces only 80% of the need some of which is diverted to neighboring states significant amount to bangalore . Though we have installed capacity of 5 GW of wind power I hardly doubt that they function at this season. They are building 2 nuclear reactor of 1 GW each in Koodankulam for decades current schd. operational date june 2011. The source of clean energy is wave/tidal of course solar can be used in future due to desertification

iinfi

mekalodu

last year and the year before last .... summers saw 4-8 hrs of load shedding in several parts of Maharashtra. Cities and its suburbs 4 hrs ... towns 8 hrs and rural areas 12 hrs continuous ....i read they get power during the day for irrigation n blah blah ... mismanagement ..... these politicians mite v foreseen a lot of pocket money in nuclear energy .. hence all these deals ... who cares abt the country anyway ...

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E

i am in lucknow and the power rarely goes for 15 minutes in 2 or 3 days :D

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

I live in himachal and power rarely goes here. If i does its only for 5 minutes when they change the line or the phase.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

I live in Chennai and don't experience any power outages except for scheduled maintenance activities. By comparison, the rest of Tamil Nadu gets anywhere between 2-6 hours of power outages.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Chennai never get a outrageous power cuts, as you know, the reason. I was in Chennai till 2010(around 3 years) and never experienced a long power cut, unless any rain-causing-problems. But in my home town, there is no single day without power cut and it goes anywhere from 2 to 6 hours and even 10hrs in worst case scenario. WTF!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Common situation throughout India although theses days due to rainfall we are having 1 hour every 3 days.

Krow

Crowman

All cities and industries get good power supply while the rural areas suffer. :(

Top Bottom