Post your latest Purchase

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
KIS will disable Windows Firewall because it installs its own firewall.. I think that there should be a wizard to import Windows firewall settings..

Same here bro.. Avast+Windows users since last 5 years.. & very happy..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
One of my friends gave me the genuine key of KIS I installed it and it messed up all my settings.It disabled windows firewall and all the programs I blocked using windows firewall accessed net.I restored everything to previous state.I was very happy with avast+windows 7 for more than one year.
One thing i feel about Kaspersky's products, that they are for sure "complex" ones, especially for "tweakers". but once you befriend with them, no problem in long going. I'm using KAV/KIS since its v7.0, i.e, since around 2006 or so, and it has never let me down :) . Of course it has got some negative points-

* heavy on resources
* multitude options (although this is a positive point for me :D , but some newbies get messed up with'em)

But I bet you, the real time scan engine of KAV/KIS is of no match to anyone, its way best!!

PS- If you get messed up with KIS, get ESET Smart Security, its light on resources, and obviously no complex menus!

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
@Tenida,Congrats But I Still Swear by Avira
Like U,5 years and Counting Without a Hitch :)

@other MotoTrolls,Pulsar,U Said? Yeah I understand u people NOW :)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Friends, bought a Sennheiser PX 100 II Headphone for 2350 all.

Got this baby as a gift for dad.

Some pics of the baby

The front of the pack

*i.imgur.com/59cju.jpg

The back

*i.imgur.com/gJ916.jpg

The carrying pouch

*i.imgur.com/OZL0r.jpg

The headphone in the folded form

*i.imgur.com/QAuxO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/F2YPG.jpg

The way its meant to be

*i.imgur.com/fQBN1.jpg

*i.imgur.com/6njPb.jpg

Another view of the folded form

*i.imgur.com/byhXp.jpg

*i.imgur.com/B2Qs6.jpg

+ Positives
1. I really like the shape...and its sturdy too...pads present at the right places
2. The one sided cord is a bonus
3. Foldable - A nice space saving trick...Looks 'in' too ;)
4. Sound quality is awesome,thanks to the open design
5. 2yrs national replacement Warranty
6. Carrying pack is a thoughtful freebie

-- Negatives
1. Price...a little steep
2. No Gold plated connectors

Sarath

iDota
^^^Congrats. Nice.

Is it worth paying for AV. I was going for Norton too when I read in Digit that the current free offerings are so good that it doesn't warrant a paid software. Nor has it been observed that paid ones offer substantial advantages over the free ones.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
ABS is very essential especially in my state where there are many curves.. I'll try to convince him again, but the stupid salesmen at Chevrolet showroom said that 98% of their customers go for ABS & Airbag-less model.. Moreover, I do blame the govt & the companies too for not making ABS & Airbag compulsory..

Yes! Govt. should make ABS and Airbag compulsory.
Visit the dealership and tip them about your concern and ask them to atleast try to convince your dad (trust me, these people are good at these kind of work), and you too try to convince your dad.
[i follow one rule: visiting the dealers myself, and finalize the deal and tipping them of certain things like, "don't ever mention *Computer Games*, *gaming keyboard*, *graphics card are for gaming*, *gaming cabinets* infront of my dad", and things like that. :p and then take my dad/parents with me to the shop for final buy :lol.

Anyways congrats!

+1000 to that
been riding my ZMA for 5 years and am in love with her even today:grin::grin:

dont like to be driven in a tin can

**RIDE TILL YOU DIE**

be careful about what you say. It may sound ubercool to you, but Ride safe, always wear *good quality* helmet!

^^I think that we really, really need a section about automobiles.. mods?

Avenger is one of them, it has got a very powerful engine..

Avenger! That's one and only widely available...err what do you guys call it?...
Aaah yes...chopper styled bikes available in India.
To Kolkata guys: a bike showroom (can't remember the name), near American Consulate in Maidan area has an awesome show of those Avenger bikes, and Kawasaki Ninja! Check them out, if you can!

Congos to @Tenida and @mukherjee da! :D

S_V

In the zone
@mukherjee

Awesome... Looks very very good. So how's the Low Frequency Sounds in it? How does it perform compared to sony Ericsson W910i(Stock Headphones) Walkman series with Megabass? I am still using this Phone as my MP3 Player. i am kind of addicted to that Beat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Dad purchased his honda activa dlx. Total expenses - 53k

Man getting this scooter is one heck of an ordeal. You have to wait for a minimum of 4 months. Honda isn't even giving the side-stand, number plate and footrest with it. Everything has to be purchased separately.

Btw we got it after 2.5 months cause of a contact. He helped us in acquiring the scooter quicker than usual.

But must say, its totally worth the wait. One of the finest and smoothest engine to grace a scooter in our country. The honda badge gives tremendous piece of mind.

Here are some pics:

*i56.tinypic.com/55r0o3.jpg
*i53.tinypic.com/2lwb2nd.jpg

*i54.tinypic.com/2q1vv3m.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/14sgmz6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom