Post your latest Purchase

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
Hey guys today is a big day for me. My rig is finally completed. Finally. After a month long wait which is why I feel worth it :)

Damage;
Intel Core i5 2400------------------Rs 9300
Asus P8H67-M-EVO-----------------Rs 8300
Asus EAH6850----------------------Rs 10900
Corsair Vengeance 4GB--------------Rs2950
Seagate 1TB 7200.12--------------Rs 2826
LG DVD------------------Rs 1000
Corsair GS600-------------Rs 4400
LG LED E2040T-------------Rs6100
Logitech Keyboard Mouse Combo---Rs 600
iBall UPS 600VA---------------------Rs1714
F&D 2.0 speakers---------------Rs 400
Total-----------------------------Rs51300(Incl. VAT)

CoolerMaster Elite 430-----------Rs2805(Incl. VAT)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212+---------Rs 1800(Excl. VAT)
CoolerMaster 120MM Red LED fan---Rs500(Excl. VAT)

The Card!!

Temperature has been great on this Card.

At Idle.

Load goes upto 58-60C

great buy bro :)

BTW why didnt you get the V2 of eah 6850??

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Thanks everyone!!

@PiedPiper:
I doubt that UPS will hold on load. Due to quality and rating.

Exactly mate. You are 100% right. Today I was playing crysis 2 (everything maxed out) and there suddenly goes power and my pc turned off!! not even a second to back things up. I went to the shop and explained everything to him, he said he will replace the UPS but my question is will APC 600VA should be enough for my rig? Given the iball UPS which was rated 600VA i.e 360W (40% efficiency)
Need reply by 6 Please guys.

APC 600VA or 800VA??
I dont have money for 800VA so can 60VA hold my rig by atleast 5mins as backup when everything's maxed out??!!

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
APC 600va is a safe option, if not then get APC 800va

So you are saying 600VA should be enough?!! I will go for 600VA then because I am out of money now. I paid 1700 for iBall and he's ready to exchange with same 600VA with APC. For 800VA he's charging Rs1000 extra. I am At friend's house will be coming at 6. Help me out guys!!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
APC 800VA@5.35K is costlier than 1.1KVA@4.3K model.Go for APC 650VA model its suits your needs @2.8K

APC 800VA @5.35K Source-Primeabgb

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I know that BTW. Look at APC, India website.There no other model of 800VA ups.
Back-UPS - Product Information

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks everyone!!

Exactly mate. You are 100% right. Today I was playing crysis 2 (everything maxed out) and there suddenly goes power and my pc turned off!! not even a second to back things up. I went to the shop and explained everything to him, he said he will replace the UPS but my question is will APC 600VA should be enough for my rig? Given the iball UPS which was rated 600VA i.e 360W (40% efficiency)
Need reply by 6 Please guys.

APC 600VA or 800VA??
I dont have money for 800VA so can 60VA hold my rig by atleast 5mins as backup when everything's maxed out??!!

First of all congrats for your purchase mate.:smile:

I think 650va from apc might just handle it and give you enough backup. But you can go with any "not so well branded" 1kva ups.

For example, the intex 1kva ups costs 1.8k and gives around 20-25mins back to a similar system as of yours in my place. You can ask forum member cilus about it. His friend bought the i5 2400 +6850 combo and has the above ups.

He's kind of totally satisfied with the backup and they've even tested it rigorously. My brother in pune has a 955be+msi 6850 cyclone+corsair GS600. He's using a champion 1kva ups and gets 15-20mins of backup even during gameplay.

Although these ups's don't match the quality of APC or even NUMERIC,they get the job done easily and the pricing is really awesome. If you cannot spend more, i suggest the intex 1kva ups @ 1.8k. But don't go below 1kva for these brands. They are not as efficient as APC but does a good job at their pricepoint.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
First of all congrats for your purchase mate.:smile:

I think 650va from apc might just handle it and give you enough backup. But you can go with any "not so well branded" 1kva ups.

For example, the intex 1kva ups costs 1.8k and gives around 20-25mins back to a similar system as of yours in my place. You can ask forum member cilus about it. His friend bought the i5 2400 +6850 combo and has the above ups.

He's kind of totally satisfied with the backup and they've even tested it rigorously. My brother in pune has a 955be+msi 6850 cyclone+corsair GS600. He's using a champion 1kva ups and gets 15-20mins of backup even during gameplay.

Although these ups's don't match the quality of APC or even NUMERIC,they get the job done easily and the pricing is really awesome. If you cannot spend more, i suggest the intex 1kva ups @ 1.8k. But don't go below 1kva for these brands. They are not as efficient as APC but does a good job at their pricepoint.

+1 for this post.

The not so well branded may well be equally competent unless we see an actual failure of the said brands in question.

tasamono

Broken In
Actually i wouldnt suggest you to got for these "not so branded" UPS. Whatever vickybat is saying is not wrong coz my PC was running fine before(955be+msi 6850 cyclone+corsair GS600) with champion 800va UPS, giving just enough backup to safely shutdown in case of a powerdown, but that was when i wasnt playing very high rendering games. My UPS started crying during Assasins Creed brotherhood, exactly the same problem as yours. Shut down instantly without any notice ;).

Also didnt have any money left to upgrade, thanks to vickybat who made me exceed my Budget by way too much :). So the best thing you can do is to go for a iball or champion UPS, minimum 800 VA(only if you dont ahve money) but do not connect your monitor or speakers to that. Just the CPU. Now it works fine for me .The monitor goes blank but hey, i think you can shut down a PC without looking at the monitor ;). ALT F4 *no of programmes -->windows key> right arrow key >enter.Not sure but i think you can also write a small batch code to shut down ur machine(very simple) and assign it some key combination. it works for me, though i will be upgrading as soon as i get some money in my pocket :)

Top Bottom