Post your latest Purchase

Cilus

laborare est orare
What do you mean by credit note? You got money from 'em against your card?
Credit Notes can be a check given to you which can be encashed. In my case they have issued an Credit Note for me in Vedant Computer's name. While purchasing from Vedant, I can use that to pay up to 8.3K. But ya, I have to purchase from Vedant.

Hey guys. Thanks to some help from some of the guys, details of my final Purchases along with stuff I already had.

New Stuff:
Mbd : Gigabyte G41M-Combo @ 2.3k
Gfx : Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 @ 11.3k. Had got MSI 6850 first but that was faulty out of the box. Waited 1 week for replacement coz of stock availibility.
Optical : LG Sata DVD-R/W @ 0.95k
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212+ @ 2k
PSU : Corsair vx550 @ 4.7k
Cabinet : NZXT Gamma @ 2.25k
Extra Front Cabinet Fan : Cooler master 120mm LED fan @ .5k

Fairly Recent Purchases:
Monitor : BenQ G2420 @ 12k
Key+Mouse : Logitech Wireless Combo @ 1.4k
Gamepad : Microsoft XBox 360 Wired @ 1.3k

Financial Damage Done: 24k + 14.7 = 38.7k

Old Stuff (Stuff I Already Had):
CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Ram : 2+2 GB Samsung DDR2 800MHz running in Dual Channel
Hard Disks : WD Cavair Blue 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 250GB + Seagate Barracuda IDE 160GB
Speakers : 2 x Creative Inspire 2.1 (ie. A 4.2 speaker config running in Quad Channel Mode, bought for 2 systems initially)

Approx Value of these old items = 17.3k, which makes my PC worth around 56k. WOW thats a lot :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Credit Notes can be a check given to you which can be encashed. In my case they have issued an Credit Note for me in Vedant Computer's name. While purchasing from Vedant, I can use that to pay up to 8.3K. But ya, I have to purchase from Vedant.
WOW, had no idea about this. But how did they decide the amount? I mean is 8.3k your purchase price or it's the market price of your card when Rashi gave you the credit note?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, they have some list regarding the Credit Note price in XFX site. It is based on the usage of the card. In my case it was almost 6 months. So they checked the buying price and the usage time and came up with it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My HD 5770 was a faulty one. So after a dangerous fighting with Rashi Peripherals, I got credit note of 8.3K. So used that money to purchase the new one.
For details of the fighting check the RMA Experience Thread. :grin:

8.3k for a used card? that also from Rashi? WOW :smile: you really tamed Rashi i have to say. for how many days you kept fighting with Rashi?

Btw..My Geforce GTS 450 shows an ideal temp of 35-40 degress C. Is it safe??. I have not tested it on load as i bought my rig yestreday..

congrats. temperature are fine.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well the fight took place in different time period of a single day 22th Nov. 1stly from 1 to 1:30 then 4:10 to 4:30 and last segment is 5:30 to 8 PM. the last half an hour was really dominated by me as I was able to prove my card was faulty and their Manager Manas was lying. My voice reached every corner of their service center and some of the senior guys came out. They tried to convince me to submit the card again but I was stand still in my position of Credit note and told them didn't want their pathetic service and some crappy story for next one month.
Seriously, these guys need some raw beating. I found one guy over there who has been given faulty GT 210 for three times consecutively in replacement of his 8500GT. He was there for the 4th time.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you are right. Just checked the Box of my card.. only "Radeon 6870" is written, not "ATI Radeon 6870"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well the fight took place in different time period of a single day 22th Nov. 1stly from 1 to 1:30 then 4:10 to 4:30 and last segment is 5:30 to 8 PM. the last half an hour was really dominated by me as I was able to prove my card was faulty and their Manager Manas was lying. My voice reached every corner of their service center and some of the senior guys came out. They tried to convince me to submit the card again but I was stand still in my position of Credit note and told them didn't want their pathetic service and some crappy story for next one month.
Seriously, these guys need some raw beating. I found one guy over there who has been given faulty GT 210 for three times consecutively in replacement of his 8500GT. He was there for the 4th time.

anyone with a faulty electronic item that needs to be serviced by Rashi, should definitely take tuition under you :p

vizkid2005

In the zone
Hey Guys !!!
I finally bought My new PC !!!
Heres the config and Pricing .....

Intel i5 760 @ Rs 9875
Asus P7P55D-E @ Rs 9875
Corsair (2x2gb) kit (1600 Mhz) @ Rs 3900
WD Green 1TB @ Rs 2900
Samsung SyncMaster B2230 @ Rs 8200
Cooler Master 430 Elite @ Rs 2650
Corsair GS600 @ Rs 4700
Sony DVD Writer @ Rs 1000
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ Rs 1650
XFX 4350 @ Rs 2500

Total @ Rs 47250 (incl VAT)

Best Part : I assembled it myself !!!! My first ever Rig !!!

The GFX card is temporary ... The dealer said he will take it back and give me HD 6870 when it is available ....

Plus I got 2 Fans .. One China one ... One Cooler MAster ... Huge diff between the two !!!

Thanx Guys For all ur suggestions which helped me build my rig !!!!

Thnx again !!!

(Plz don`t criticise any of the components ..... )

Top Bottom