Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Don't generalize or stereotype people just because you haven't seen a large enough sample lot. And no reason to use expletives. Keep discussions in a manner you wouldn't want to make amends later. What you say online, stays here forever.

wanted to bump this, discussing stereotypes here might get this thread locked and we dont want that do we

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Either you're nitpicking or you're Sheldon's brother. The term "processor" outside technical fields refers to a general purpose CPU these days, everyone knows that.- - - Updated - - -:-? Care to elaborate?
we weren't outside the technical field buddy. It was an VLSI lecture in an Engineering course and thats right goto the technical field.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Either you're nitpicking or you're Sheldon's brother. The term "processor" outside technical fields refers to a general purpose CPU these days, everyone knows that.

i dont know who sheldon is. even though many people think processor is our cpu only, people should understand there are other processors too. many people know graphic card, but most doesn't know there is a processor inside. does that feel right? i dont.. the way you understand is not always the right thing. ;) the correct word i think is misconception.

Chetan1991

Youngling
i dont know who sheldon is. even though many people think processor is our cpu only, people should understand there are other processors too. many people know graphic card, but most doesn't know there is a processor inside. does that feel right? i dont.. the way you understand is not always the right thing. ;) the correct word i think is misconception.

Here's a tv show recommendation for you: The Big Bang Theory. Good show.

A woman who moves into an apartment across the hall from two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.

- - - Updated - - -

we weren't outside the technical field buddy. It was an VLSI lecture in an Engineering course and thats right goto the technical field.

Touché.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making

Ever seen the Big Bang theory?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
This is chemistry related but I had to post it as this made me do a major :facepalm:

* during chemistry exam *

Q. Chemical Symbol for Barium?

Ans. Ba

Q. Sodium?

Ans. Na

at the last question :

Q. What will we get if one atom of barium and two atoms of sodium combine?

Ans. BaNaNa!

* after exam *

Friend : how'd it go??

Me : oh awesome man!! imma top this year!

The dumb chick is trying to react Barium with Sodium. :facepalm:

Detailer

Broken In
Greetings everybody!
So we all get shitty internet speeds in our neighborhood, one day my friend had a problem transferring single file of 6gb to a fat32 formatted pen drive that he had to give to some guy living in the society across the street, so he called me and said:

Friend: I have to give this crapname.file to a guy(friend-2) but i have a problem.Whenever i copy this file to my pen drive, a dialouge box appears which says not enogh space or something and the file can not be copied, but i have a 16gb pen drive.
Me: hmmmm
Friend:Wait!! I have an idea , why not i upload it to dropbox and then he(friend-2) can download it on his computer!:facepalm:
Me: [sarcasm] WTF? man ,you are a genius! [/sarcasm]
and then i slowly explained to him about his pen drive's fat32 file system and its limitations

ratul

█████████████████
Greetings everybody!
So we all get shitty internet speeds in our neighborhood, one day my friend had a problem transferring single file of 6gb to a fat32 formatted pen drive that he had to give to some guy living in the society across the street, so he called me and said:

Friend: I have to give this crapname.file to a guy(friend-2) but i have a problem.Whenever i copy this file to my pen drive, a dialouge box appears which says not enogh space or something and the file can not be copied, but i have a 16gb pen drive.
Me: hmmmm
Friend:Wait!! I have an idea , why not i upload it to dropbox and then he(friend-2) can download it on his computer!:facepalm:
Me: [sarcasm] WTF? man ,you are a genius! [/sarcasm]
and then i slowly explained to him about his pen drive's fat32 file system and its limitations

hmm, doesn't seem to be that dumb, fat32 limitations is actually very technical subject, and he didn't seem to have any other option other than uploading it somewhere.. :|

Top Bottom