Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

amjath

Human Spambot
I had a dumb moment today.
I thought my pc was infected so I ran a virus scan. At 66% on one particular file it got & stuck refused to go ahead. After waiting for 15-20 minutes I started to google information on that file, Didn't get much useful info but most of the sites were asking to download their cleaners to fix the infection.
I thought I'd do that on saturday (in freetime) so I ran CCCleaner & began playing a game but there was no sound & I got convinced that there is a big problem. I looked at the AV scan again & somehow it was on pause.....

:rofl:

ashs1

Padawan
I had a dumb moment today.
I thought my pc was infected so I ran a virus scan. At 66% on one particular file it got & stuck refused to go ahead. After waiting for 15-20 minutes I started to google information on that file, Didn't get much useful info but most of the sites were asking to download their cleaners to fix the infection.
I thought I'd do that on saturday (in freetime) so I ran CCCleaner & began playing a game but there was no sound & I got convinced that there is a big problem. I looked at the AV scan again & somehow it was on pause.....

:lol: :rofl:

you didn't have a reaction like this, did you ??
*community.logos.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/8877.computer_2D00_out_2D00_window.jpg

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
~CCCleaner~
Its CCleaner, not CCCLeaner.

it was first teaching day in college of forth year and hence I got some data for this thread :lol:

1. Compiler Design teacher- "a program of 60 lines will be faster than a program of 100 lines."
2. Computer Graphics teacher- "even today TurboC is used for developing games and it doesn't matter if you use OpenGL or graphics.h, it's same. I recently played NFS 2 and it's made in TurboC."
3. VLSI teacher- "Which is the latest processor?" to which all students proudly replied: "i7".

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

it was first teaching day in college of forth year and hence I got some data for this thread :lol:

1. Compiler Design teacher- "a program of 60 lines will be faster than a program of 100 lines."
2. Computer Graphics teacher- "even today TurboC is used for developing games and it doesn't matter if you use OpenGL or graphics.h, it's same. I recently played NFS 2 and it's made in TurboC."
3. VLSI teacher- "Which is the latest processor?" to which all students proudly replied: "i7".

I guess you kept your palm stuck to your face all day.

#1 is just about correct for assembly :D
#3 I'd like to know the answers most DF guys give as well

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Yes if we talk about assembly code, then shorter the faster but the statement wasn't being referred to assembly, it was just a general statement. I even have the example of a program having 100 addition statements and another program having 60 division statements but she said my example is a especial case. About the latest processor; i7 is just a processor family. Its saying Samsung 840 is the fastest SSD - 840 is a family of SSD's containing evo, pro and base version. The answer to "which is the latest processor" would be any processor that Intel announced a few days back (Google search will reveal the list).

Nerevarine

Incarnate

lol, even my most hated OOP teacher knows that Turbo C is full of crap, thats why we use Ubuntu inbuilt C compiler

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
there are different types of processors like digital signal processor, graphic processor, our central processing unit and so on. the question 'Which is the latest processor?' doesn't make much sense to me.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
there are different types of processors like digital signal processor, graphic processor, our central processing unit and so on. the question 'Which is the latest processor?' doesn't make much sense to me.

The food processor I recently purchased! :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
A b.tech computer science fresh pass out student who cannot make box program other than those in basic lab exercises, doesn't understand anything tech other than whats fed by the teachers and gets her laptop formatted from others want to do m.tech in computer science and actually thinks she can do it well.

heres the catch.

she will do good.

becoz the indian education system is designed like this...

and..

coz she is a girl.

ankush28

Bazinga

*Fourth
[MENTION=112980]Nipun[/MENTION] did't pointed out this time, so... :D:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Chetan1991

Youngling

Either you're nitpicking or you're Sheldon's brother. The term "processor" outside technical fields refers to a general purpose CPU these days, everyone knows that.

- - - Updated - - -

heres the catch.

she will do good.

becoz the indian education system is designed like this...

and..

coz she is a girl.

:-? Care to elaborate?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you ever join IT cos in india, and see how guys run after girls like wolf after sheep, and how the girls get their work done and get appraised for the work she made some guy do, you'll understand. :)

i didnt mean to offend anyone. but yes, i did have a certain undertone when i wrote that. hope thats clear now. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

and what? you didnt read that line the first time??

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, girls do take advantages, that's absolutely true, however I call them sluts, not girls, but that fact is what do they take advantage of? Some perverts. So it's basically a problem of men, I mean the pervert section, and that's what we should blame, but the girls, regardless of their slutty attitude.

Top Bottom