Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
an uncle of mine had a budget of 25k for a 32" LED. He bought a 32" smart tv (ignored 42" AOC LED) for 35k :facepalm: even when he uses 2g data for whatsapp and facebook only.
That's not the dumbest thing. More like his choice or preference.

The title of the thread is - "Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:".

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
my friend bought Gionee S5.5 ~20k instead of Xaomi Mi3 or Sony Xperia SP. he also could have extended it to 25k and went for Nexus 5 but he said no to all that because S5.5 is slim :facepalm:

and on a side note, he's the same guy who had a budget of 30k for PC and ignored my advice(FX 4300+HD7770) and ended up with some AMD dual core and GT210 :lol: :facepalm:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spending 10k extra for features which one is rarely going to use is dumb IMO. :|
His choice, his preference and he might use them as well. Might be dumb according to you or me, but "it's not the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology."

Nerevarine

Incarnate
my friend bought Gionee S5.5 ~20k instead of Xaomi Mi3 or Sony Xperia SP. he also could have extended it to 25k and went for Nexus 5 but he said no to all that because S5.5 is slim :facepalm:

and on a side note, he's the same guy who had a budget of 30k for PC and ignored my advice(FX 4300+HD7770) and ended up with some AMD dual core and GT210 :lol: :facepalm:

:eek:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I'll tell you what i did.

I had taken a screen shot and pasted it in paint. After sometime i was clicking on the screenshot's window close button, in paint, to close the window. All the while wondering.why the damn window didn't close.

Took me a while to realise it was ms paint and i was clicking on an image.

:/

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
This is not related to technology but it the dumbest thing I've seen someone do and the absolute proof of how stupid humans can be. I and two friends of mine were going in a car and eating ice cream. When we were done with the ice cream I asked them not to throw the wrappers out on the road. Then we stopped at some shop. Now, as seen as we stopped, one of the guy stepped out of car and threw the wrapper on corner of a wall. When I asked why did he on that, he said you said don't throw on road and this is not a road. And all this in full confidence, full innocence. And the best part, a dustbin was right in front of the car.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
This is not related to technology but it the dumbest thing I've seen someone do and the absolute proof of how stupid humans can be. I and two friends of mine were going in a car and eating ice cream. When we were done with the ice cream I asked them not to throw the wrappers out on the road. Then we stopped at some shop. Now, as seen as we stopped, one of the guy stepped out of car and threw the wrapper on corner of a wall. When I asked why did he on that, he said you said don't throw on road and this is not a road. And all this in full confidence, full innocence. And the best part, a dustbin was right in front of the car.

:lol::lol:

kaz

right here
I'll tell you what i did.

I had taken a screen shot and pasted it in paint. After sometime i was clicking on the screenshot's window close button, in paint, to close the window. All the while wondering.why the damn window didn't close.

Took me a while to realise it was ms paint and i was clicking on an image.

:/

:lol:

In school I took screenshot of desktop and made it the desktop wallpaper and removed all icons present on the desktop

Had fun when saw people clicking those screenshot icons to open the application :p

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Uncle from India comes to Jakarta ( some lead role in ofc)

Q. Are suna hain yahan pe laptop sasta hain?

Me. Hmm..depends, rather you have a lot of options, seconds too, you can get old unsold laptops priced as low as 2.5 mil IDR ( 12500 INR).

Q. That cheap? Kucch problem to nehi hoga? Maal kharab diya to?

Me. Sir u can always check it, double check it, triple Google it, ask around, read up and then buy. Who will sell you a cheap laptop which doesn't work. Plus Warranty. U will get local one.

Q. Local? means? Indonesia? ahh..crap, ye log na, huh! Bahar jaake kharab hua tho? loot te hain sala sab. India me bhi same case. chhodo ye batao, kya kya milega isme? 4 GB RAM? 500 GB HDD? i7-8 ayega? mujhe na screen thoda bada chaiye, aur batter backup bhi like..batao 4 ghanta?

Me. (exasperated now) ..umm NO. I dont think 12000 ke laptop me apko koi i7 de payega, aur screen bhi kucch HD hoga, ram bhi 2 GB ke as pas, and about warranty i dont know such products which comes with intl in that bracket.

Q. Oh, aisa kya? hmm, mere bete ko puchh ta hun, Belgium me hain, woh bata payega better. Aur haan, Brand kaunsa hain, HP, Dell

Me. sir you better go and hop around a bit, browse..here.. ( giving address of stores, desperately trying to end the conversation) , Dell mehenga ata hain sir, lenovo, Asus try karo, thoda cheap me ayega.

Q. Asus? ye kaunsa brand hain? kabhi suna nehi, oh ruk, woh motherboard wala? are yaar, bahot ghatiya hain yar, chinese hain pata hain? sala pura chindi chori, 2 number ka product banata hain. kabhi mat lena, batata hun main tereko. Saste ke chinese chiz me paysa mat dalo kabhi. Achha Asus chinese brand hain ya korean kya?

Me. Nehi sir, Belgium ka hain.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
:lol: Could do much with the hardware just took out those mouse balls and played "catch-catch" :D

I used to use stress buster hammer tool and leave the lab so that when someone clicks it cracks the screen virtually with no actual buttons to close it. :p

- - - Updated - - -

One more. Encountered today

Teacher : Listen can u just switch off the AC ?
Me : No ma'am its too sticky and hot and ma'am usually there are power cuts so please.
Teacher : beta no.there's is no light so please switch off AC. ( I mean how in hell then the AC is working ? ) <Also the genset is off>

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i'm done suggesting people when they personally come for advice.
Another uncle of mine bought a Galaxy Grand instead of Zenphone 5/Moto G :facepalm:

Last edited:

singleindian

Journeyman
Found this in toms hardware forum :D 4000$ for a gaming rig in india

High End PC build for triple 4k monitor gaming setup 4000$ - Nvidia - Systems

Top Bottom