Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
yesterday's story -

we had our first IP practical in which at had to make a program for addition of two numbers using NetBeans. it was pretty easy(that's what I thought), only had 6 lines of coding.

after the class, there were students saying that I didn't even knew that we could do these things, I only other my PC for facebooking and listening songs. :facepalm:
another student said that what was the benefit of making ? the work can be fine by calculators : facepalm: : facepalm: I was like how the fu** do you think calculators are made?

Same for CS here in C++

Most of them are chit-chatting other than coding

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
The lever of per-acquired knowledge in students entering colleges is drastically decreasing world wide. one are the days when you had to tweak the registry for solving a frequently issue, or run a bunch of commands to keep computer for hanging. Things are too perfect for anyone to get curious easily.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Not a dumb thing but really really frustrating
[RANT]
Today was my third OOP lab class in this sem, first of all Our teacher came 45 mins late to the class :lol: i remember on the first class, she threatened to debar us if we were late by 5 mins.. IDK what happened but today her mood was sour as fruck.. So, as soon as she came, she picked out those ppl who were not wearing formals (AKA TShirts) and straight up no attendance for them... then our teacher gave us a pretty long question to do.. So as soon as she finished, I started writing the usual code on my PC.. She noticed that I was doing it ahead of other students, and she came to my place, said.. "Kya hua ? saaab pata he tujhe ? Abhi semester khatam karke job karne ko bhi chale jao, pehle rough note pe likho then do it on the PC".. I was like WTF !, what kind of rule is that ? who is retarded enough to write a loong program on rough note then test it on comp ? But then I remained polite, did exactly what she asked.. Exactly 10 mins later, IDK what happened, whether she suffers from amnesia or just mentally retarded, she said to all of us "Arey, first sem kaise pass kiye ho tum log, pehle comp mein program to verify karo, phir rough mein likhna.. Itna bhi nahi jaante" ..

[/RANT]

*media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg
I felt like saying " aaapka periods chal raha hei to humare upar gussa mat nikalo".. THATS RIGHT JAYANTI MAAM, F U

Last edited:

beingGamer

In the zone
[RANT]
So, as soon as she came, she picked out those ppl who were not wearing formals (AKA TShirts) and straight up no attendance for them...

I wear only tshirt jeans in office :D full attendance

I remember when i was in diploma, that time there was floppy used, not everyone had pendrives that time. few smart students used to keep floppys full of programs in the floppy drive before the practicals were conducted
and during BE, few students used save their programs into all the machines 1 day before the practical exams :p

loong program
which program you got to write ? :p

ps: ignore, pati ne kapde nahi dhoye honge us din :p

ankush28

Bazinga
For Rs 11500, its probably the best VFM phone out there.. but, The Rs 11500/$119 is the at&t contract version..

A non-contract version will be costing $649 i.e Rs 39102( based on today's dollar to rupee conversion and also add to this taxes & duties, which would further raise the price ) which, imo, is a bit overpriced ..

is this phone exclusive to the US markets or will it also be launching here ?? :)
Its ATT exclusive

ankush28

Bazinga
yesterday's story -

we had our first IP practical in which at had to make a program for addition of two numbers using NetBeans. it was pretty easy(that's what I thought), only had 6 lines of coding.

after the class, there were students saying that I didn't even knew that we could do these things, I only other my PC for facebooking and listening songs. :facepalm:
another student said that what was the benefit of making ? the work can be fine by calculators : facepalm: : facepalm: I was like how the fu** do you think calculators are made?

They even understand what is algorithms? I doubt. F#cking colleges starts programming lessons directly with "hello world"

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't get it

What you didnt got in this???
Amazon Fire phone is exclusively available from AT&T(US service provider)

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Buddy you just can't label any mistakes anyone make as dumb. The poster may well not be aware that the phone is AT&T exclusive. That's not dumb, that's just lack of information

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Depends! Lack of information is actually one type of dumbness (if that's a word). But if my parents didn't know that, okay, that's understandable, but for persons like us, nerds in other words, yes it's dumb.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I don't know man. But I don't think not knowing a phone is exclusive to a carrier is not actually a dumb thing. And just see the post concerned also asks about availability in India. Means the person is not actually aware of.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
[RANT]
Today was my third OOP lab class in this sem, first of all Our teacher came 45 mins late to the class :lol: i remember on the first class, she threatened to debar us if we were late by 5 mins.. IDK what happened but today her mood was sour as fruck.. So, as soon as she came, she picked out those ppl who were not wearing formals (AKA TShirts) and straight up no attendance for them... then our teacher gave us a pretty long question to do.. So as soon as she finished, I started writing the usual code on my PC.. She noticed that I was doing it ahead of other students, and she came to my place, said.. "Kya hua ? saaab pata he tujhe ? Abhi semester khatam karke job karne ko bhi chale jao, pehle rough note pe likho then do it on the PC".. I was like WTF !, what kind of rule is that ? who is retarded enough to write a loong program on rough note then test it on comp ? But then I remained polite, did exactly what she asked.. Exactly 10 mins later, IDK what happened, whether she suffers from amnesia or just mentally retarded, she said to all of us "Arey, first sem kaise pass kiye ho tum log, pehle comp mein program to verify karo, phir rough mein likhna.. Itna bhi nahi jaante" ..

[/RANT]

*media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg
I felt like saying " aaapka periods chal raha hei to humare upar gussa mat nikalo".. THATS RIGHT JAYANTI MAAM, F U
Mods please warn if any of my content is against rules, ill change it as i did swear a lot
More rant :
On tuesday, our beloved OOP teacher "bunked" the class or just forgot she had a class.. IDK the reason but she did not come.. Apparently someone complained regarding this to the Dean and because of that, she recieved a ton of scolding.. now in today's class, she was PISSED as heck, and decided to unload all the frustration on each and every one in our class.. Holy crap, she was like a rampaging bull the way she was reacting, and started threatening us because someone reported... Then it was back to blaming our parents, oh god the never ending teacher dialogue - "aapka parents tumko yeh sikhae hein ?" and said, "tum sab metro cities se ho na, isi liye itna bhao hei.. mein to Odisha sei hoon, thats why im not like you"... Well i felt like saying "maam, as a fellow resident of Odisha, I sincerely hope there are less people like you in my state"..For 25 freaking minutes she continued on and on regarding how we are the culprit and compared us to C5 section saying, "wahan pe students are so much more studious and attentive, why should I waste my time on ungrateful spoilt children like you all".. you know why maam ? because YOU ARE ****ING GETTING PAID BY US B**CH.. Also I remember a friend saying, she said the exact opposite in C5 section i.e. C1 is very good regarding behaviour and C5 sucks ass... Oh and btw, she also threatened to reveal those students who have a relationship with students from C5.. "bolun naam unka ? bolu kya ? apna dosto ka insult chahte ho ? boluu ?? " .. As if it's a crime :lol::lol:

F**K u maam, you arent married, i dont think you can be because who would be stupid enough to marry u.. even if you get a husband, marriage ke din bhi aap "bunk" kar lena ..

Oh and by the way, she said.. the students in C4 are so good.. they arent getting good faculty in OOP class.. But you people in C1 are so horrible, im here to teach you.. you people dont deserve good faculty like me

Us - waaait waait wait, are you actually comparing and saying you are better than your colleague ?.. Not a good move biatch

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Mods please warn if any of my content is against rules, ill change it as i did swear a lot
More rant :
On tuesday, our beloved OOP teacher "bunked" the class or just forgot she had a class.. IDK the reason but she did not come.. Apparently someone complained regarding this to the Dean and because of that, she recieved a ton of scolding.. now in today's class, she was PISSED as heck, and decided to unload all the frustration on each and every one in our class.. Holy crap, she was like a rampaging bull the way she was reacting, and started threatening us because someone reported... Then it was back to blaming our parents, oh god the never ending teacher dialogue - "aapka parents tumko yeh sikhae hein ?" and said, "tum sab metro cities se ho na, isi liye itna bhao hei.. mein to Odisha sei hoon, thats why im not like you"... Well i felt like saying "maam, as a fellow resident of Odisha, I sincerely hope there are less people like you in my state"..For 25 freaking minutes she continued on and on regarding how we are the culprit and compared us to C5 section saying, "wahan pe students are so much more studious and attentive, why should I waste my time on ungrateful spoilt children like you all".. you know why maam ? because YOU ARE ****ING GETTING PAID BY US B**CH.. Also I remember a friend saying, she said the exact opposite in C5 section i.e. C1 is very good regarding behaviour and C5 sucks ass... Oh and btw, she also threatened to reveal those students who have a relationship with students from C5.. "bolun naam unka ? bolu kya ? apna dosto ka insult chahte ho ? boluu ?? " .. As if it's a crime :lol::lol:

F**K u maam, you arent married, i dont think you can be because who would be stupid enough to marry u.. even if you get a husband, marriage ke din bhi aap "bunk" kar lena ..

Oh and by the way, she said.. the students in C4 are so good.. they arent getting good faculty in OOP class.. But you people in C1 are so horrible, im here to teach you.. you people dont deserve good faculty like me

Us - waaait waait wait, are you actually comparing and saying you are better than your colleague ?.. Not a good move biatch

Damn, next time record this on your phone/pmp and upload it to soundcloud, Let us all listen and enjoy!
+1 for the rant, very well put

Top Bottom