Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Also digit's recommender configs which they post on facebook sometimes are not at all good. But I think it is possible to show difference between different frame rate videos through image. If the video format stores the differences from previous frame (like mp4 and 3gp) then higher the frame rate lesser will be the difference between two frames. For east scenes this difference will be even more.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember a guy's reply when I asked his laptop's config - "Intel, nvidia, 2 gb, 4 gb, 500 gb".

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Also digit's recommender configs which they post on facebook sometimes are not at all good. But I think it is possible to show difference between different frame rate videos through image. If the video format stores the differences from previous frame (like mp4 and 3gp) then higher the frame rate lesser will be the difference between two frames. For east scenes this difference will be even more.

i think, unless the number of frames shown is very low.

I remember a guy's reply when I asked his laptop's config - "Intel, nvidia, 2 gb, 4 gb, 500 gb".

:lol:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well, I am still using my laptop and everyday I use it, It gives a brand new experience. Awesome speakers! Ultimate graphics solution and throttling?? I finally found out why it used to throttle. It has got a 1TB Hitachi HDD which, for some reasons, does not comply with the mobo much. Hence it used to hamper the performance of the system and "IT" used to get hot! not any other parts! I am a programmer myself so I used to experience the so called "throttling" every now and then, but later I realized that y d hell would it have to throttle if do too much coding and start compiling the huge project? Or, y would it have to throttle when during play, too many objects are rendered on the screen, for example, black ops. Well, from here on it was just common sense. Coz the processor has to read so much data from the HDD and the reading rate and the demand from the processor just increased! Which in turn used to heat the HDD itself, thus raising temperature of the laptop, --> this temperature rise now has to be coped up with. But the HDD has no cooling policy! So what now? Who takes up this job of cooling the laptop? The processor folks! It throttles at this point by reducing its processing power! Hence, we were all so much worried about the processor, graphics card, low power charger adapter(hahahaha whoever brought this up here) & improper Samsung design(I mean seriously guys?).

Ohh so guys, you know what I did after all this research?
Replaced HDD with a Samsung EVO 1TB SSD.

Results?
Its Alienware beater now!
No signs of any minor heat! No throttling! All games running at max resolution with very little heat, believe me. I have played Black ops 2 GTA IV, Prototype 2. M not a noob. Plus, as an added bonus, more battery life!

So ppl stop worrying so much about anything other than the HDD! Just replace it with an SSD. You'll flyy

So basically the laptop proccy throttles because of heat produced by HDD. The guy claims to be a programmer. This is what happens when you give IIT Computer science admission on the basis of chemistry marks.
He replaced the HDD with a SSD and heating issues stopped. :O

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
So basically the laptop proccy throttles because of heat produced by HDD. The guy claims to be a programmer. This is what happens when you give IIT Computer science admission on the basis of chemistry marks.
He replaced the HDD with a SSD and heating issues stopped. :O

:clap2: Absolutely agreed. They should also give admission to students who have knowledge of the stream they want to opt.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
So tell me guys, what should be the criteria for Metallurgy, Chemical engineering etc.

Excellence in IIT JEE exam shows a student has the capability to comprehend what he studies and thus he can excel in his field of interest. You just can't deny CSE branch to a gut who does not have CS in his school.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So tell me guys, what should be the criteria for Metallurgy, Chemical engineering etc.

Excellence in IIT JEE exam shows a student has the capability to comprehend what he studies and thus he can excel in his field of interest. You just can't deny CSE branch to a gut who does not have CS in his school.

Well my argument is that most CSE seats are taken by people who have never even seen a computer before and have spent the last several years mugging for Mains and Advanced(top 500?).
Meanwhile, a guy who has a genuine interest in computers is denied admission due to low Advanced rank even though he might have done some hardcore programming in high school.
I am still a fan of US holistic admission process which believes that brilliance can never be based on just 1 exam.

- - - Updated - - -

Next he says:
I am in Australia now and I got d ssd here for 20k rs

Samsung Evo SSD which costs 25k in USA costs 20k in Australia. Wow. So cheap. (It's 30k btw).

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

I'm not saying that admission should only be given based on what knowledge the candidate has about the field rather that it should ALSO be given based on what knowledge the candidate has about the field. Like if a person wants to pursue a degree course in CSE but could nlt clear JEE test but knows a lot about computers (actual stuff, not RAM stands for Random Access Memory) then he should be given admission. I had this friend in my coaching institute who was very good in studies and wanted to go to IIT. When I asked him what do you want to study there, he didn't knew anything. All he said was "I'll see after I get admission". He took CSE and now he complaints about how hard it is and all that. This really bothers me that someone else with better understanding and passion could have been in his seat instead.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I was right:
I am actually from IIT bombay

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying that admission should only be given based on what knowledge the candidate has about the field rather that it should ALSO be given based on what knowledge the candidate has about the field. Like if a person wants to pursue a degree course in CSE but could nlt clear JEE test but knows a lot about computers (actual stuff, not RAM stands for Random Access Memory) then he should be given admission. I had this friend in my coaching institute who was very good in studies and wanted to go to IIT. When I asked him what do you want to study there, he didn't knew anything. All he said was "I'll see after I get admission". He took CSE and now he complaints about how hard it is and all that. This really bothers me that someone else with better understanding and passion could have been in his seat instead.

+1 to this. I guess the Indian govt. is too ignorant to introduce the holistic admission process in India.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I agree to that. IMO as in the first year no branch specific subjects are taught, the Branch allocation should be done at second year itaelf . The candidate will also have a clear understanding which field he wants to pursue and will weed out the people without interest.

Also, the hard core programming stuff and all is OK for CSE and may be IT. But the same can't be said for ME, MME, CHE, BT etc.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
This is what happens when you give IIT Computer science admission on the basis of chemistry marks.
i can relate to this. I'm at least considered a computer geek compared to other students in my school and i wanted to pursue computer and programming but i couldn't opt for CS as my marks in other subjects were low :cry: :confused:

ravi847

Journeyman
Didn't know where else to post ...didn't seem like content for that PJ thread

Just read the comments :-D
Hello! I'm Priyanka Chopra - I'm an actress and recording artist - ask me anything! : IAmA

ASHISH65

Technomancer
So much offtopic above!!!

Here's some more reason for the downfall of digit!!!

*i.imgur.com/Gh7JIZB.png?1

Seriously, digit!!! Comparing FPS with the help of images!!!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They are right, Take a look at smoke trails in both images.you will notice the difference

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Didn't know where else to post ...didn't seem like content for that PJ thread

Just read the comments :-D
Hello! I'm Priyanka Chopra - I'm an actress and recording artist - ask me anything! : IAmA

"She said ask me anything,she didn't state she would answer." :lol:

Top Bottom