Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Okay, so the smoke trails are different but how is that related to fps??? Please explain...
in the LHS pic(60 FPS), the smoke trails are clearly visible as spherical clouds of smoke.
the incident it captures is for a very short period of time, (here, 1/60th of a second)
but in the RHS pic (30 FPS), the smoke trails are not that apart from each other, that pic will be the capture of a relatively larger time (2/60th of a second) , thus less detail
the 30 FPS pic can be obtained by "merging" two pics of the 60FPS video.

I think i further complicated the matter :p, but lets see, if its clear :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
in the LHS pic(60 FPS), the smoke trails are clearly visible as spherical clouds of smoke.
the incident it captures is for a very short period of time, (here, 1/60th of a second)
but in the RHS pic (30 FPS), the smoke trails are not that apart from each other, that pic will be the capture of a relatively larger time (2/60th of a second) , thus less detail
the 30 FPS pic can be obtained by "merging" two pics of the 60FPS video.

I think i further complicated the matter :p, but lets see, if its clear :)

But, by that analogy, if say the FPS was 1 fps, it would capture the image of 1/1th of a second, i.e., of 1 second...
So, wouldn't 1 fps image have more detail as it would capture for a larger time??? Consider all the exposure settings are what they should be for the hypothetical situation...
Damn, this is so confusing... :p

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
But, by that analogy, if say the FPS was 1 fps, it would capture the image of 1/1th of a second, i.e., of 1 second...
So, wouldn't 1 fps image have more detail as it would capture for a larger time??? Consider all the exposure settings are what they should be for the hypothetical situation...
Damn, this is so confusing... :p

when fast moving scenes are involved, with 1 fps you will only see fumes ;). imagine yourself. if it is a constant scene(video is not!), then fps does not matter.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
when fast moving scenes are involved, with 1 fps you will only see fumes ;). imagine yourself. if it is a constant scene(video is not!), then fps does not matter.
He he... I get that... Anyway, maybe it's time to put an end to this topic... :)
Am more than happy if my video doesn't buffer!!! 30/60 doesn't matter...;)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
imagine yourself. if it is a constant scene(video is not!), then fps does not matter.

If in a constant scene FPS doesn't matter, then a. why are there differences in two images posted(30&60FPS), and b. comparing two images as Digit did is stupid. Please tell me how am I wrong.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
If in a constant scene FPS doesn't matter, then a. why are there differences in two images posted(30&60FPS), and b. comparing two images as Digit did is stupid. Please tell me how am I wrong.

a)constant fps means, same background. here in those pictures the smoke trails varies with time. i meant that there are no moving elements.
b)comparing image with fps is stupid when there are minimal moving objects.but when there are many moving elements in a small span of time, you will see the difference in still images. 60 fps game play and 30 fps game play are examples. the image will look different for sure.
found a website here *frames-per-second.appspot.com/ .check that.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Human eye is supposedly capable of distinguishing 32 FPS or less. So how does it matter?

Or may be I am wrong.

no, you're right AFAIK.

- - - Updated - - -

He he... I get that... Anyway, maybe it's time to put an end to this topic... :)
Am more than happy if my video doesn't buffer!!! 30/60 doesn't matter...;)

am missing the like button :p
exactly,
so, 30 FPS is better, as that would consume less bandwidth.

- - - Updated - - -

in "static" images, aperture time counts, it is the time the camera takes to click a photograph (in simple terms,)
so, longer aperture time can be considered similar to less FPS
please correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
Fyi - Eyes don't really see in frames per second - they just perceive motion. If you want to get technical though, myelinated nerves (retina nerves) can fire at roughly 1,000 times per second.
A study was done a few years ago with fighter pilots. They flashed a fighter on the screen for 1/220th of a second (220 fps equivalent) and the pilots were not only able to identify there was an image, but name the specific fighter in the image.
So to summarize, it seems that the technical limitations are probably 1,000 fps and the practical limitations are probably in the range of 300.

AMO.NET America's Multimedia Online (Human Eye Frames Per Second)

Source:
What common misconceptions really irk you? : AskReddit

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
yesterday's story -

we had our first IP practical in which at had to make a program for addition of two numbers using NetBeans. it was pretty easy(that's what I thought), only had 6 lines of coding.

after the class, there were students saying that I didn't even knew that we could do these things, I only other my PC for facebooking and listening songs. :facepalm:
another student said that what was the benefit of making ? the work can be fine by calculators : facepalm: : facepalm: I was like how the fu** do you think calculators are made?

amjath

Human Spambot
Not about technology, was reading comment section on this site. Loled so hard looking at the replies for the best comment

select sort by best

Exclusive: Google Prepping Play Store Update That's One Step Closer To Material With Beautiful New Listing UI

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Not about technology, was reading comment section on this site. Loled so hard looking at the replies for the best comment

select sort by best

Exclusive: Google Prepping Play Store Update That's One Step Closer To Material With Beautiful New Listing UI

IMO,All these stuff will just make it even more slower :|

Top Bottom